The Mighty Kiney – Kinetic Honda DX ‘92

No ideas about the made in Japan thing but if the blocks are lasting upwards of a lakh km, they sure couldnt have been made by Kinetic:lol!:

Parts replaced so far:
Cone set.
Speedometer glass.
Front mudguard.
Speedometer panel.
Headlight panel.
Indicator screw cover panel.
Number plate clamps.
Number plates.
Center stand.
Brake levers.
Indicator flasher.
Air filter.
Engine bearing.
Engine packing kits.
Drive belt.
Oil switch.
Oil pump.
Kicker lever.
Front shocks.
Wheel bearings.
Indicator switch.
Foundation bush
TVS Olivia 100/90-10 rear tire
NGK G-Power platinum-tipped spark plug
Halogen bulbs.
How much did it cost as a whole?
Also, give me the details of NGK G-Power platinum-tipped spark plug?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18

deville_56

Honoured Member
How much did it cost as a whole?
Footpeg (Pair) 95
Headlight Assembly 240
Tail lamp assembly + Center stand 650
Front Indicator Assembly (Pair) 250
Grabrail without stephney (Scrap) 150
Brake Lever 40
Indicator Flasher 80
Number Plate 140
Cone Set 180
TVS Olivia 100/90-10 1100
Kinetic 2T oil 105
Speedo Glass 90
Front Cover (Pair) 40
Pivot Cover (Pair) 40
Number Plate Clamp 35
Unicorn Bar End (Pair) 50
FZ Handle Grip (Pair) 63
Headlight Bulb (Halogen) 65
Oil Tank Cap 10
Kinetic 2T oil 100
Unicorn Mirror (Pair) 220
Maintenance free Battery 1100
Air Filter 45
Indicator Switch (single) 60
Spark Plug (NGK G-Power BPR7HGP) 150
R15 footpeg (Single) 60
MAK 2T 500 mL 105
Veedol 2T 500mL 110
MAK 2T 500 mL 105
Shell 2T 1 L 240
Shell 2T 1 L 240
Engine Bearing 600
Packing Kit 275
Oil Seal Kit 300
Drive Belt 745
Oil Switch 225
Kicker Lever 210
2T Oil 120
Front shock absorber 845
Front wheel bearing 260
Back wheel bearing 140
Foundation Bush 60
Gear oil 50
Veedol 2T Oil 500 mL 110
Unicorn Bar End (Single) 15
Elf Moto 2 Champ 140

Forgot RR and Oil pump price.

Also, give me the details of NGK G-Power platinum-tipped spark plug?
They are needle tipped plugs. Fit it forget it stuff. Never needs cleaning or gap adjustment. Aids in cold start too.

@ deville_56
Do you face any power loss on your kinetic after fitting the NGK G-Power BPR7HGP Plug?
Do you use the same stock spark plug wire?
What about this plug? NGK Iridium IX BPR7HIX
Also my kinetic's oil pump is not working and i am mixing oil with petrol. Will this foul the plug?
Are you using any aftermarket air filters like HP filter, UNI or something? if yes, How much did you upjet the carburetor?
Which brand's Halogen bulb you are using?
Give me more info on you Custom DRL!!

Last edited:
@ deville_56
Do you face any power loss on your kinetic after fitting the NGK G-Power BPR7HGP Plug?
Also my kinetic's oil pump is not working and i am mixing oil with petrol. Will this foul the plug?
Are you using any aftermarket air filters like HP filter, UNI or something? if yes, How much did you upjet the carburetor?
No replies?
And how do you get 45+ Kmpl mileage? Give me the maintenance tips!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22

deville_56

Honoured Member
No. Why should there be any loss with using a much more efficient plug??

Yes. As long as using stock CDI, no need upgrading wires.

Not gonna make much difference in lower capacity not much redlined cases. It got more heat tolerance capabilites, but before reaching its tolerance levels engines tolerance will be gone [evil]

Either way plug will get clogged with oil. Both ways oil gets mixed before getting sprayed in engine.

Why screwing engine?? HP is just a show off one with a cone and some mesh and really and virtually no filtering at all. For the cost of other filters Uni, K&N, etc, etc. and their cleaning cost, I would change stock filter for another 1 lakh km.

Been using Bosch/Osram. Not any difference with any brand.

Just a strip of LED strip connected to ignition key. Already conked off. Most of the time, LED wont go well with AC supply unless there is proper rectification and filteration.

And how do you get 45+ Kmpl mileage? Give me the maintenance tips!
There was nothing much I had to do in that regards. It was slowly run in by dad. More than 1 lakh km ridden under 40 kmph. It always shows the initial characterisitics. Get it properly tuned. Check air. Clean filter. Clean plug. Nothing else need/can be done. Also ride it sane, don't be hard of accelerator.

Last edited:
Dunno whether a myth or not, most mechs worked on this said engine is "Japan".
No ideas about the made in Japan thing but if the blocks are lasting upwards of a lakh km, they sure couldnt have been made by Kinetic:lol!:
The Engine may belong to the Honda NH series(NH100) Which was sold in Japan by Honda. But, I don't think after 91-92 models came with Japan engine as they started to manufacture here. You're so lucky!! The mechanics would have found it maybe because they might have worked on a 1988-90 model. Maybe some code written on it!! I don't know about these things that much but I know they came with the Honda Kinetic NH100 Engine.

Some Reference: Click Here
Google to find more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #24

deville_56

Honoured Member
Kiney was giving some hiccups like misfire for somedays. Was pending the job as I was busy and it was clocking barely 100 km max a month. Was sure it was damn plugs. One lazy morning opened it.

2014-09-19 09-39-51_1.jpg

spark plug socket for 1/2-inch drive. Paid 125.

2014-09-19 09-15-41.jpg

It can also double as 21-mm socket

2014-09-19 09-16-09.jpg

To my shock I was running on a MICO Bosch plug after the engine overhaul, which I was not aware of, but as expected it was clogged plug. Gonna put new G-Power next month itself.

2014-09-19 09-16-43.jpg

Cleaned with WD40 and sand paper.

2014-09-19 09-24-22.jpg

WD40 now available in made for India jumbo pack. Very economical, just 280 bucks.

2014-09-19 09-19-49.jpg

Socket comes very handy. Before, I had to removed whole body and even exhaust to get proper access to plug. Right tool always saves time and effort.

2014-09-19 09-26-00.jpg

Plug in place.

2014-09-19 09-26-57.jpg

Connected.

2014-09-19 09-28-01.jpg

Next issue was indicators. People were yeling even when I put indicator. Just checked how it looks and there was very poor visibility during day time. CHanging to custom LED is gonna cost a fortune, so dropped it. Just tried the Phillips ones which came with FZ. And it was way brighter than the local ones.

Big bulky dim local indicator bulb and compact and bright Phillips bulb, both 10W

2014-09-19 09-58-16.jpg

Local bulb.

2014-09-19 10-00-33.jpg

Phillips bulb. See the difference.

2014-09-19 10-00-48.jpg

Some ugly pussie screwed my seats [frustration]

2014-09-19 09-58-43.jpg

The original tools that came along with Kiney, the screw driver is missing. With just these, you can remove almost everything on a kiney.

2014-09-19 10-04-26.jpg

Just wanted to ask a question about your Kiney.
I have driven many Kinetic Honda's.
In comparsion to my Kinetic Honda to other's, Mine revs high after 2 secs in half throttle and reaches 40 in 2.5 secs. But other's if I give half throttle, they run like Scooty ES and gave full throttle, then also it doesn't seem to rev high. It just stays in the same rev and picks up speed slowly. Tested this with 4 Kinetics. All are like this only.
How is yours ?

Thread Starter #26

deville_56

Honoured Member
Just wanted to ask a question about your Kiney.
I have driven many Kinetic Honda's.
In comparsion to my Kinetic Honda to other's, Mine revs high after 2 secs in half throttle and reaches 40 in 2.5 secs. But other's if I give half throttle, they run like Scooty ES and gave full throttle, then also it doesn't seem to rev high. It just stays in the same rev and picks up speed slowly. Tested this with 4 Kinetics. All are like this only.
How is yours ?
For the warmup period, choke will be enabled and there will be very lag. Say till I run some 500 m or some 1-2 mins. After that, there is no lags. I don't revv hard, but cant resist takeoffs at green light. I can reach 50 before most others in line.

No no! Not that !
I tried to ask whether yours revs high or not. Because the Kinetics of others I drove will rev like Scooty ES. Scooty ES never goes to high revs. It will just stay in the same rev and picks up speed slowly and when crossed the 50 knph mark, then only they will rev high.

For the warmup period, choke will be enabled and there will be very lag. Say till I run some 500 m or some 1-2 mins. After that, there is no lags. I don't revv hard, but cant resist takeoffs at green light. I can reach 50 before most others in line.

Wow ! The Black looks so freaking hot ! Couldn't even think about it.How could I possibly miss out this thread ? Mmm So Good !! I couldn't understand an see the difference with the Local and Philips Bulb.If you don't mind,I have an Idea to boost up it's looks.Just Silver line that edge of the 2 wheels.Like the Onle dont to the RTR 180 ABS.I will show a picture below.Anyways Very well maintained sir.I've Never seen such a Maintained Kiney in Years.My Mom used to have one.It was the 1994 ZX White Version.That Cycle-bell Like sound it gave when it has Started,Was pure Music to Ears ! And that Ride Quality is still Unmatched.Still remember it now.BTW,What is the fastest you've gone in your Kinetic Honda sir ? Thank you

Last edited:
Wow ! The Black looks so freaking hot ! Couldn't even think about it.How could I possibly miss out this thread ? Mmm So Good !! I couldn't understand an see the difference with the Local and Philips Bulb.If you don't mind,I have an Idea to boost up it's looks.Just Silver line that edge of the 2 wheels.Like the Onle dont to the RTR 180 ABS.I will show a picture below.Anyways Very well maintained sir.I've Never seen such a Maintained Kiney in Years.My Mom used to have one.It was the 1994 ZX White Version.That Cycle-bell Like sound it gave when it has Started,Was pure Music to Ears ! And that Ride Quality is still Unmatched.Still remember it now.BTW,What is the fastest you've gone in your Kinetic Honda sir ? Thank you
Oops,Forgot to add the Picture.I was too late to edit.I humbly request moderators to add these pictures into my previous post.Thank you

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

This is for the Badges and Logo.

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

Top Bottom