The 'I Need it' / 'I am Giving Away' Thread.

Thread Starter #1
An idle brain is a devil's workshop, they say. Sometimes, the best of the ideas come to you when you stare at the wall blankly or when you stare into the deep vastness of the sky or when you lie on your bed and stare listlessly at the ceiling.

I stand in the balcony sipping my tea, staring at the park across the road when an idea hits me. What if? I ask myself. What if we have a thread where TAI boys give away the stuffs they no longer need to fellow TAI folks who might find it useful. It might be anything, anything which you no longer need but are not willing to dispose off. Say, your cherished car magazines. You have read them over and over again that every word is etched in your brain. But you find it too painful to give it to that paperwalla down the street. You can pass it off to your fellow mate. Or that cherished toy car with which you endlessly did 'vroom' 'vroom' to the sheer annoyance of your mom and dad!

I am laying down some basic rules to be followed so that there is no heartburn among us.

1)Think before you post. Be absolutely sure that you don't need the item and are willing to part away with it. It is not very nice to ask something back after giving it away.

2) Specify if you are willing to ship/pick up only. If you are willing to ship, it is expected that the receiver makes the payment for shipping. Remember, after all, the other person is doing you a favor by giving away stuff.

3) Strictly no selling of the items you have received. Please! Someone has given it away with good intention. Don't make a quick buck out of it. If you are done using it, come back here and post. Chances are there is someone who wants what you have and will be grateful that you have given it to them

4) If you find what you are looking for, PM the person giving away the item. Once it is agreed between the persons, the person giving away will post a confirmation that the item is being given away to s0 and so.

5) Don't grab everything that comes! Take something you really need,let other stuff pass. Your act of selfishness might deprive someone of something needy. And add to that, your fellow mates will look down upon you. The last thing you want is to to be known on TAI as a 'gobbler'. Remember that TAI or any other forum is a life long association. And what you post on the net remains forever. There is no erase button.

6) Return the favor, you have something you don't need, give it away. It necessarily need not be 'return the favor'. You can initiate it too. Who knows, a simple PM might result in a life long friendship[:)]

7) This is a giveaway thread. Don't expect any money for the thing you are giving.

8) Sometimes, people might not need what you have to give away. No problem, you know you at least tried giving away. That's a good thing you have done. You can pat yourself for that, I mean it. Seriously.

A crying child gets milk! You need something, ask! A fellow member might be generous enough to give what you have been looking!

1) If you need it for a short while, inform the giver about the same and offer to return the same. If the giver declines, this thread is always there,you can pass it off others.

2) Be realistic, sometimes, what you need, people might not have/may not be willing to part away with. Remember, its not your right. You can't demand it.

Pledge: As a giver, I am not expecting/asking the receiver for any monetary benefits or benefits of any kind whatsoever. My ownership of the above said item ceases after I hand over the item and I claim no ownership of the said item under any circumstances whatsoever.

Pledge: I as a receiver will pledge that I am not going to sell the items I receive. If I no longer need the above said item, I pledge it to pass it on to fellow TAI members. I am willing to pay the shipment charges if the giver agrees to ship the item. I will not use the item for commercial purposes or in any form from which I gain monetary benefit. I pledge to use it for personal purpose only.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: The 'I need it'/ 'I am giving away' thread.

Recommended Format:

Givers Pledge:

Giving away

Giving away what:
Place of residence(city):
Willing to Ship:Yes/No

receiver's pledge:

I am looking for:

I am looking for:
Place of residence (city):
Looking for items within city: Yes/No

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Pledge: I, as a receiver will pledge that I am not going to sell the items I receive. If I no longer need the above said item, I pledge it to pass it on to fellow TAI members. I am willing to pay the shipment charges if the giver agrees to ship the item. I will not use the item for commercial purposes or in any form from which I gain monetary benefit. I pledge to use it for personal purpose only.
I am looking for:

What I need : Old auto magazines.
Place of residence: Bangalore.

I am looking for people in Bangalore who are willing to part way with the old auto mag. I am willing to travel to any part of Bangalore to pick it up.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Nice initiative. Long ago Denom told that he’s interested to pass on his collection of Auto Mags to another enthusiast. Not sure if would have still kept them though, but let’s hope you find them soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

Thanks, 350Z. Can you do something so that the thread is more visible. I believe that this thread has a lot of potential if used in the right spirit. Also, it also helps fellow mates bond with each other. May I ask, if you deem fit, to Park/sticky this thread?

Giving away

Giving away what: Type II Honda City Wheelcaps (3nos, in good condition)
Place of residence(city): Nagpur
Willing to Ship: No (since i live in Ranchi. I can hand it over to interested one when i am in town)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Giving away

Giving away what: Type II Honda City Wheelcaps (3nos, in good condition)
Place of residence(city): Nagpur
Willing to Ship: No (since i live in Ranchi. I can hand it over to interested one when i am in town)

Ah![clap]. There we go! Someone to kick start the proceedings! kudos to you man.

Cheers.

And henceforth, please take the appropriate pledge. I know I can't force people to take a pledge. But hoping people will take the pledge and remain true to it.

Nice thread.

Giving away

Giving away what: TVS Scooty Pep body panels (plastics) + head lamp
Removed from my dad's Pep after a accident and replaced with brand new ones. Some parts are damaged and some are with minor scratches & can be used.
Color: Red
Place of residence(city): Tirupur Dt - Coimbatore
Willing to Ship: No - Huge size and not worthy to pay shipping

PM me if some one is interested.

350Z

Core Team

Thanks, 350Z. Can you do something so that the thread is more visible. I believe that this thread has a lot of potential if used in the right spirit. Also, it also helps fellow mates bond with each other. May I ask, if you deem fit, to Park/sticky this thread?
Sure. Thread Sticky!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Giving away

Giving away what: Punto Emotion wheel cap (3 numbers).
Place of residence(city): Bangalore
Willing to Ship:Yes/No - No

Giving away what: Punto OE mud flap (3), except front left.
Place of residence(city): Bangalore
Willing to Ship:Yes/No - No

Giving away

Giving away what: Zen Mpfi Wheelcaps (4nos, almost new)
Place of residence(city): Pune
Willing to Ship: No

A very good idea which I have seen in recent times. Kudos for the thought [cheers]

Will come back and post which side I would be in.

well..anybody giving away their cars or bikes?? [:D] just kidding guys great idea kudos!

Top Bottom