The Great Cricket Thread!

well they lost the match but hey, look at this way, they know that there is one man who believes in hope and that is YUSUF PATHAN!! He is godly and wow what shots he was playing. Had he stayed there for another 20-30 runs, India would have easily won!

+1 to Archit! Man Yusuf was amazing to watch that day! I am sure each one present at the ground would have enjoyed his batting! Who would have thought India would reach so close to the target!

Thread Starter #20
Only major achievement of Sachin is playing for 20+ years ! Rest of the achievements are outcome of this primary achievement.

I feel Kapil Dev deserves BR than Sachin because:
1) He won the World Cup and it forever changed the cricketing ecosystem. It is what is called 'tipping point' in CEO parlance. India changed from underdog to a power to be reckon with. BCCI being a financial clout now is due to what happened in 1983.

2) Like Sachin's test runs, at one point of time he held the record for highest number of wickets in test cricket (there is no reason why somebody cannot overtake Sachin's record).

Bharat Ratna for Tendulkar? If Obama can get Nobel, then why not the greatest one [:)]

exactly my thoughts! The WC is just about to happen... plus cricket is a junoon in India so it was never dead and i think, never will die as welll!

Yup , liked Yusuf's innings! And SA i never though would lose , they were cruising comfortably at one stage!

And man what an innings by Ross Taylor against Pak now , brilliant! 28 runs in one Akhtar over and 30 runs in one Razzaq over!

This tournament now has turned into a jungle where you can be ambushed by anyone, I mean just look at the upsets in the recent matches.
Who says ONE DAY CRICKET is dead?

Interesting times in WC now , both the groups are competing fiercely for top four spots , and glad that the weaker teams are performing so well this time , especially Bangladesh and Ireland!

Top Bottom