The Great Cricket Thread!

This is do or die match for India. Current score for England 61/2 .
Interesting part is only one fast bowler and 3 spinners and one part timer, Jadeja.

I am still confused whether Jadeja is bowler who can bat a bit or batsmen who can bowl a bit. [lol]

Interesting part is only one fast bowler and 3 spinners and one part timer, Jadeja.

I am still confused whether Jadeja is bowler who can bat a bit or batsmen who can bowl a bit. [lol]
Dharmesh,

Big problem Indian team is facing now in the tests is the IPL !!

It just gave the players to make good money in short time and the playing doesn't require any special cricketing expertise, just hit every ball out of boundary without any technique. There is nothing special about bowlers there as it is just a hard hitting batsman game now.

So our players are just looking for the next IPL edition than the tests and one days these days.

The other sad thing is Dravid,Laxman retirement who were the only players with technique and more to it is the patience required to play a test. The only left over person is Tendulkar and unfortunately he is not able to coup up with the team will which is mostly filled with youngsters without any experience.

So, till the ranji becomes stronger and IPL is stopped we will never have a right team for tests and one days[frustration]

More to this, the politics from BCCI !! and a useless coach

neither. he is useless as hell. one triple century in ranji and that is enough for national team selection. [frustration] what about rahane? maybe irfan?

Hmm

This Jadeja thing looks to me just like promoting Dinesh Mongia for 2003 world cup, keeping Laxman a side where he was performing good in one days that point of time. The result of 2003 world cup is India playing with 10 as Dinesh Mongia was complete failure !!

Laxman regret so many times for not being selected for that world cup and any other world cup for such a legend batsman

neither. he is useless as hell. one triple century in ranji and that is enough for national team selection. [frustration] what about rahane? maybe irfan?
We don't have any allrounders.That is the fact. So either go in with a genuine batsman like Rahane or select a genuine bowler. What is that hopeless Jadeja doing in Tests?[frustration] Wait wait Did jadeja get a wicket ? yes now he has cemented his place in tests for another FIVE years.[frustration]

Hi Everyone,

I'm a jadeja basher but even in thise time i think Jadeja is usefull in tests and not in ODI or T20. He is a player who can nudge the ball and take a single, rotate the strike and bowl tight overs of left arm fast spin like the one panesar bowled in Mumbai. I think it is the right move to bring in Jadeja for the all rounder slot.

What i didn't like is the selection of Piyush chawla. what has he done to warant a place in the 11? he hasn't even performed in Ranji what Jadeja has done. many may argue that rajkot is like a road and all can score runs on that wicjed. But still Jadeja shouwed the tempremant to have a calm head and bat for more time to score a 300 and also he took wickets in the same match.

Even in the Last match with bengal jadeja scored a 60+ to go with the 8 wickets he took in the match.

So i feel jadeja is fine but chawla's inclusion is wat baffles me and Rahane or a pacer(Awana or Dinda) sghould have come in his place.

@Type -r : Irfan is injured or else he would have been surely selected ahead of Jadeja.

Pras.

Ishanth seems to have done well. Its important for us to have someone like ishanth in form. If ENG manages to score total of 300-350 , will we be again in trouble? It seems like a slow pitch.

Top Bottom