The Grand Mumbai - Pune Meet (Follow Action From Pg.15)

The Mumbai Pune TAI meet yesterday was indeed a great one, I personally had a great time with some great automobile enthusiasts and would love to participate and meet many more of such great people. Well the full description of the meet would be incomplete without these tiny exacts.
• NAMASKAR!!!
• My new found respect for the Tata Nano (especially silverlxnano’s Nano)
• Stromeee and Aeeria
• Hooka and a long discussion and lunch at 4pm.
• Feelings vs hard facts with spec sheets
• Final see off’s and Ironrock’s XUV’s super awesome seats and swanky interior (ok it was the first time I was ever in an XUV)
• How is silvernano’s Nano crossing us on the highways!! When I had overtaken him!! (even more respect for the Nano now)
Here are my personal views for all the members I was fortunate enough to meet at the meet.
Raja: great and friendly guy who always has some joke or interesting incident up his sleeve. Off course a hardcore non-vegetarian fan like myself.
Dharmesh: Offcourse another truly great person who is fun loving and very friendly to be around.
Ravi: Little quite but still fun and always has a smile across his face and some one who truly missed his city for the meet and he was constantly pointing out all the Honda citys in Urban titanium shade.
Pankaj (silvernanolx): Great person again a little quite but very composed and interesting and great to have around in the group.
Suku patel: A fun person who truly loves his spark and always has a smile across his face.
Johnnyboy: Owner of a sexy red Punto and an avid Punto lover, still a bachelor enjoying life to the fullest and an avid lover of Beer. Great person again with a smile across his face and a joke always in his magic hat.
Keith (jarpickle): A true automotive enthusiast who truly does know a lot about DIY’s and modifications. Yet quite humble and always willing to help out any one with a smile and passion. Thanks for the advise dude for the cleaning of my car’s throttle body. Also the owner of an extremely well maintained 15 year old M800.
Sanjaysg: An impressive person with an imposing beast (The Storme off course) fun person in discussions and good knowledge who brings a fair point to any discussion. Offcourse a Safari lover with a truly beautiful beast.
Ironrock: One of our moderators, who is a friend for everyone when not rigidly on the forum with a calm and composed demeanour and who relies on hard facts and data to drive a point home in any discussion. Thanks again for the tip for the throttle body cleaning of my car.
Gurrala: Offcourse one of the most important person to come from Hyderabad especially for the meet!! I truly respect that, a fun loving and great person to be around and especially enjoyed your discussion on aam aadmi’s car buying thought process. Also you are welcome for the ride in my Fiesta.
Apologies everyone if this has become a really long monologue, as there were so many things about the meet which happened that it is truly difficult to compress it into a short para.
Most of others have already posted their photos which is what I had as well so I just posting the only photo of myself with my Ford Fiesta.

Also suku patel mate I regret that the during the ending you had a small unfortunate incident but just forget about it as such things should not affect the overall environment of the meet.

Attachments

I am sorry guys, but I have to say the only person who made an impression on me was Dharmesh.C'mon who has met a Gujarati who hates Gujarati Thali [clap]

I am sorry guys, but I have to say the only person who made an impression on me was Dharmesh.C'mon who has met a Gujarati who hates Gujarati Thali [clap]
Hahahahaha that was a good one . That gujrathi thali thing lingered in my mind so much that in night I went to a restaurant which offers gujrathi thali and ate one [clap] . In maharana Chembur , iam sure you must be knowing right ?

Yes, I know of the place.But am a non vegetarian dude.You will never see me at a Vegetarian place [lol]
Me too , but iam open for any tasty food . One day lets go to malvan katta , for non veg thali and Persian darbar bandra for mutton Ratan with Kaspi rice you will go crazy .
The best and shocking moment for me was when I saw pankaj's nano cruising at 100 kmph on Mumbai - Pune express highway and climbing the ghats with aplomb . Found a great respect for nano and pankaj's driving style .

Me too , but iam open for any tasty food . One day lets go to malvan katta , for non veg thali and Persian darbar bandra for mutton Ratan with Kaspi rice you will go crazy .
The best and shocking moment for me was when I saw pankaj's nano cruising at 100 kmph on Mumbai - Pune express highway and climbing the ghats with aplomb . Found a great respect for nano and pankaj's driving style .
Raja dont forget me for the food and as for Pankaj and his nano one word RESPECT when we crossed the Khalapur toll we saw Pankaj's Nano ahead of us I and Ravi were like how is he ahead of us we were cruising at 130 some time back and had over taken him!! But seriously one of the most under-rated cars which suffers from the typical streotyping mentality.

@Ronz, thank you for kind words buddy!!

I liked driving your car, its awesome though we have one, that petrol one is amazing, I think it an excellent feeling to drive that on a highway

we will definitely meet again sometime in Mumbai

@Raja, you can also take jarpickle to the place where we had our dinner twice [:)]

Last edited:
@ronz , you look like krishnammachari Shrikanth in the pic:biggrin:

Can you give a brief account of discussion about Aam Aadmi's car buying thought process.

Can you give a brief account of discussion about Aam Aadmi's car buying thought process.
It was a part of the feeling vs fact discussion.There was some amount of body roll and a specific female sales advisor that was the center of the discussion.

It was a part of the feeling vs fact discussion.There was some amount of body roll and a specific female sales advisor that was the center of the discussion.
+100

Well that itself will take another Pune - Mumbai meet to discuss [:D]

@ Ronz- done maybe next week we will plan .

I've done a few trips of e-way in the past. The car remains stable as long as the 100 kmph mark is not crossed. Anything more than that, neither the car likes it and definitely not me as a driver. Nano isn't meant for high speed lovers, but for sedate drivers who like to cruise on highways, like myself.

I was happily surprised to have my nano climb the steep ghats towards tiger-point with an ease. It was the first time for me driving on steep ghats :-)

Time for some data. ;-)

My total trip Kms (Mira Road - Lonavala - Mira Road) = 235.9 KMS
Fuel consumed = 10.5 litres
Mileage = 22.46
This is a mix of Highway (mostly) and city ( while returning, got some traffic) and with 80% of the time AC was on during the trip.

Top Bottom