The Game Changing Cars of Indian Auto Industry

Thread Starter #48
I think one more game changing car is Skoda Superb,it literally redefined the 20 lakh sedan market and broke the dominance of Accord after almost 10 years of ruling the roost.It offered superb value,superb space, and superb engine options like 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI.All in all a super hit car and surely a game changer by Skoda.

I think one more game changing car is Skoda Superb,it literally redefined the 20 lakh sedan market and broke the dominance of Accord after almost 10 years of ruling the roost.It offered superb value,superb space, and superb engine options like 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI.All in all a super hit car and surely a game changer by Skoda.
Definitely the Skoda Superb is a game changer.It not only ended the dominance of the Accord but also has redefine the luxury.
If you have a look at the Accord and Superb simultaneously then you yourself will understand where Superb excels Accord never did.

Thread Starter #50
If you have a look at the Accord and Superb simultaneously then you yourself will understand where Superb excels Accord never did.
I have seen Honda Accord, really the old generation was much better looking than this one.This one looks too boring to me, that character which earlier Accord had is not to be found on this new Accord.That's exactly why competition is so welcome,Long Live the SUPERB.[clap]

Thread Starter #53
Yeah I agree that its too early to call Duster a game changing car,but you can not deny the amazing headstart that it has got over competition.Waiting eagerly for Ecosports to see whether Ford can price it right or not.

Why not lancer in the list? People are carzy for this car as well. This very well holds a place in game changer list. Also i would add fiesta and Etios in this list. Fiesta although it's not instant game changer, it's diesel version still marks its presence in the market even after a long time.

Yupp its too early to say duster a game changer. We all have to wait for Ecosport to answer the question.

Okay this post is to inform you guys that i have posted according to my observation in my city.

Game changers in the hatchback segment:
i20 Diesel.

In the MUV segment:
Sumo Gold.(yes it is).

In the Sedan segment:
Dzire, and Sunny.

In the SUV/crossover or whatever:
XUV 500, though fortuner gives a tough fight.

In the high-end luxury sedans:
Audi A4. Mercedes GL-class

Thread Starter #56
What about Ertiga? It has head started a new LUV segment and is selling around 6K units per month.So why don't you consider Ertiga a game changing car in the MUV segment?

My list here is as follows.
1)maruti -800, swift

2) tata - indica , sumo , safari , nano .

3) mahindra - Scorpio , xuv .

4) skoda - Octavia .

What about Ertiga? It has head started a new LUV segment and is selling around 6K units per month.So why don't you consider Ertiga a game changing car in the MUV segment?
Oops, missed it, thanks for bringing this to attention, yes Ertiga is a game changer and it was predicted everywhere too.

+1 Raja.
'Maruti 800' would be termed as the car that changed the whole idea of the Indian car scenario.
Coming to the present generations I would say Alto to be a heart car that covered the streets with is steady sales numbers.
Scorpio, Innova and XUV500 became show stoppers to many and they too had their prominence among SUV, MUV lovers.
These are the cars which came to my memory when I read the title "game changing cars". I will add on to the list when some other car comes to my memory which I feel to be a game changer[:D]

Top Bottom