The Game Changing Cars of Indian Auto Industry

Well,how about the India's largest selling SUV...
Mahindra Bolero.
As much I know,even this car also changed the face of the market.

Rest in my views,the biggest ame changer has been the Qualis,why?
Qualis told Indians what the turbo charged direct engines are with the common rail technology.

Well,how about the India's largest selling SUV...
Mahindra Bolero.
As much I know,even this car also changed the face of the market.
Yes It made a huge goodwill & good image to Mahindra,and this is now the car with cheapest CRDe engine retrofitted with the DI engine making it technically updated and good low-end torque.

Rest in my views,the biggest ame changer has been the Qualis,why?
Qualis told Indians what the turbo charged direct engines are with the common rail technology.
Qualis was every people's favorite, AFAIK no people around me said wrong about the car,that should be the spirit of launching an international car.

Actually I am too young to comment on the Sierra etc but in the years 2000-2003,the hype that was around the Qualis forced me to believe that this is the car which had overturned the market and simply snatched the power from all the rulers of that time.
I still remember,every person used to say "Qualis is very fast","Qualis is very comfy","Qualis has no maintenance","Qualis is very easy to drive","Qualis has a fantastic A/C" and Qualis is this,Qualis is that and so on..
What I mean is that I really haven't seen such hype among the people for even the Nano.
Still if you go to Punjab,you will find a lot of Qualis cars,it seems like half of the India's Qualis are the there in Punjab only.

Thread Starter #19
Well friends there seems to be some confusion regarding my naming Aria as a game changing car.First lets look at my other game-changing cars.

Amby and 800- undoubtly game changers.

Indica,sumo,indigo and nano- All of them are game changers without a shadow of doubt.

Tata Safari - This is a little controversial, but when you look at safari as India's first indigenous developed Suv, and look at its popularity now, it has to be called a game changer.

Now it brings me to my final game changing car Tata Aria.You may question why ARIA? Why not XUV,a car that has redifined its segment and is selling like hot cakes, well its quite simple,here are my reasons :

1] Aria was first Indian car to be priced betwwen 13-16 lacks.No one, i mean no one gave it a chance.People hated it because of its price,but fact of the matter is if Aria wouldn't have started the segment could xuv became so popular? The answer would be no, because without Aria people would have seen even a 13 lack xuv as too expensive car from an INDIA marquee.

2] So Aria meets the first criteria of game changing cars-that it started a new luxury UV segment for Indians.But has it sold enough to be called game-changer.Well if you expected a 16 lac tata to sell 2000 units a month you were just being unfair, Aria so far has sold around 4000 units which for such an expensive tata is fairly impressive.And to all the nay sayers The Aria party has just begun.

Well xuv500 has those drl led lamps & I am going to get fed up if i start seeing thousands of other cars trying a wannabe Audi,it looks good on the Audi cos they are of high quality,but others dont look that great.

Okay,so Aria must qualify....hmmmm let me think...[thinking]

Well,XOVY you are quite right at your point,the Aria has really created a segment of its own.And its also a fact that XUV is doing quite better numbers only because Aria seems to be overpriced.
BUT...
My reason is simple,the Aria has became a niche product in itself,people are not buying it.It has not done any wonders nor it has set any benchmarks.
I mean it is not truly a segment creator,instead it seems like this car has forcefully stretched to a segment which it never belonged to.(I have no intentions to hurt you dear Xover,those were just me observations and the voice of market,and its a fact that market is the final ruler,none else.And you too know that I am among the Aria fan club,okay.)

@Prads:
Caught up a fantastic point,yes the day time running LEDs of the XUV really look cheap and out of place.Well not to say but MAHINDRA HAS REALLY GONE OVERBOARD WITH THE XUV.

Thread Starter #22
Well xuv500 has those drl led lamps & I am going to get fed up if i start seeing thousands of other cars trying a wannabe Audi,it looks good on the Audi cos they are of high quality,but others dont look that great.
Dear Prads, mahindra xuv ain't got Daytime running LED lights like Audi cars, but it has got LED parking lights.

@TSIVipul

Why to get hurt brother, you know me I always welcome personal opinion,and I respect you for your unbiased views, Aria may sell less but its not an 'el cheapo' jugaad car like some of its competition.

Thread Starter #24
Just saw CNBC Aawaz exclusive :nano diesel debuting in jan auto expo, mileage 30 kmpl and price 1,90,000 rs[clap].This could be another game changing car lets see.[:)]

Hyundai Verna CRDi who tough us how to deal with Higher BHP cars with equilibrium in FE and showed us true colors of VGT.

Game changer for me would be a vehicle who successfully creates a new segment and changes the rules of game prevalent at that time.

Whether the Amby was a game changer or not, frankly I do not know- needs to get some more info about that.

But M800 is one.

Some others:

1. Maruti Zen: It was first world class car available to us. IIRC MSIL used to promote itsefl as 'world car'.

2. Hyundai Santro: Created tall boy segment.

3. Tata Sumo: Created new mode for Public transport.

4. Fiat Palio 1.6: was not successful, but created hot hatch segment.

5. MSIL Swift: Premium hatch segment.

6. Skoda Octavia: Entry level D segment diesel car.

7. Honda CRV: Premium soft roader.

8. Honda Jazz: was a flop but showed that a hatch is not always inferior to a sedan.

9. Tata Indica: Diesel hatchback which offers more of everything.

10. Nano: nothing needed.

Dear Prads, mahindra xuv ain't got Daytime running LED lights like Audi cars, but it has got LED parking lights.
Still looks quite cheap though(personal opinion no pun intended),somehow does not look great as the ones on the Audi & I see people running with hid fog lights cos they look cool all the time,would not be surprised if xuv500 car owners rig these led parking lights to run all the time & other car makers follow suit,hope you got my point.

For me its Maruti Swift launched in 2005 with lot of new generation features.

Another one is Tata indica launched in 1998 with modern design and look.

Just saw CNBC Aawaz exclusive :nano diesel debuting in jan auto expo, mileage 30 kmpl and price 1,90,000 rs
Really even my bro told this to me yesterday, I thought he was kidding, If this is true then its game changer for sure. I can exchange my Zen with Nano [lol]

Top Bottom