The Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium – Built Tough

bhvm

Honoured Member
Not sure why it does not comes like this from the factory – looks way better now. Another mod done and dusted.
Looking good!
with lot of noise in the image (colour noise), kindly don't edit the pics to such extend (My views , if others echo the same , please do comment).
It spoils the viewing pleasure.
Seems like HDR from a cellphone.

Thread Starter #228
Before lockdown I had attended the Endeavour 2.0L drive event in Jaisalmer organised by Ford India (as an extension of media event) for the owners of the existing Endeavour. Sharing a video snapshot of the same.

The complete jump video - a lot can happen in 0.8 seconds

Dear Endy users one useful peice of advise for the rat problem. A rat managed to make way into my car and was in there for 3 days before I could finally bring it out. I kept the doors open and put dried fish in the cage and in few hours the rat was out and in the trap. I use Gyeon leather coat for my car seats. Apperantly the rat tried to bite my seats off, but the leather coat prevented the rat from doing so-. There was a small part of the driver seat which was ripped off, but the rat could not continue owing to the layer (I assume it did not like the taste of it). Gods grace i could save my seats from the rat.

Gyeon Q2 Leather Coat - GreenZ Car Care - Premium Car Care Shop Gyeon Quartz India Products

Just incase any of you want to buy it. It does make the seats a bit slippery but I am use to it now. It does protect the leather from detting dirty and also makes it water resistant

Thread Starter #235
Seventh Service Experience:

The seventh service was done in October 2020 with the lockdown ensuring close to 11 months for covering 10K Kms to reach 60K Kms mark. The service bill was Rs. 11,692/- which included close to 9 liters of Shell Fully Synthetic Oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter and some other minor aggregates with Alignment and Balancing.

Reaching before time to be first in que
Ford Endeavour T48_1.jpg

Picture of Oil barrel
Ford Endeavour T48_2.jpg

The only unusual issues were spanner slipping on lug nuts (replaced), rear brakes making creaking sound despite being almost new since they hardly covered 4k Kms (replaced but issue persisted) and the outer shield of a wiring loom getting slightly cut due to chaffing against the Engine plastic cover (corrective steps taken). One of the major issues of excessive Engine vibrations was not fixed at this time as it was found to be normal – in my opinion, the diagnosis itself was in wrong direction where the vibration was attributed being attributed to issue with Injector(s) creating an unnecessary doubt which lasted for next 5 months (more on this later).

Brake pads and lug nuts getting changed after drum brake shoe cleaning
Ford Endeavour T48_3.jpg

New Brake Pads (didn’t solve the issue – avoid this part number)
Ford Endeavour T48_4.jpg

Damaged protective shield of wiring loom
Ford Endeavour T48_5.jpg

Ford Endeavour T48_6.jpg

Post new insulation and padding
Ford Endeavour T48_7.jpg

Ford Endeavour T48_8.jpg

Waiting to be taken back home
Ford Endeavour T48_9.jpg

Thread Starter #236
Resolving the pending issues from 7th service:

The vibrations at idling were really bothering. Coupled with the diagnosis of vibrations originating from faulty injector(s) elevated the issue to the next level. A purely technical issue went completely in the wrong direction from both Ford’s end and mine since I was fixated on having the injector(s) certified fit for use. Ford arranged a visit to home from nearest service center to record the injector parameters in cold and finally went to the extent of deputing a subject matter expert from plant to check the vehicle in person couple of weeks later – all in the midst break-up from Mahindra in January 2021 which is commendable.

On the basis of the recorded data, I had been informed that the injectors check out fine and there is no issue with them and the vibrations were also said to be normal in a 65k Kms driven vehicle by the expert. Long story short, with the injectors ruled out, in February of 2021 the staff at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad pointed out the root cause to be from the Engine mounts and their replacement completely addressed the issue.

Injector values being recorded
Ford Endeavour T49_1.jpg

Waiting at the service center for diagnosis of issue
Ford Endeavour T49_2.jpg

New Engine mounts addressing the vibration issue
Ford Endeavour T49_3.jpg

Next up was the noise from the rear brakes – even with the new rear brake pads (Part number ending with 2200E) since the issue persisted, there was no clue what could be the solution. The general routine of cleaning the brakes was performed but this time even the front brakes were opened and checked. They had cracked at multiple places and some brake material had chipped off completely. Since warranty was not possible for the front ones, they were to be replaced out of pocket. Out came the surprise that Ford had drastically reduced the price of the Brake pads from earlier around Rs. 6000 for front ones to Rs. 2599 and the rear ones from Rs. 5500 to similar price. Both the front and rear brake pads were replaced with these new parts while offering exceptional braking, these brake pads have completely eliminated the issue of squealing sound form the brakes.

Damaged Front Brake pads
Ford Endeavour T49_4.jpg

Ford Endeavour T49_5.jpg

New Brake pads for Front (Part number H2MZ2V001C, Rear Brake pads Part number is H2MZ2V200C)
Ford Endeavour T49_6.jpg

I had also been complaining about the Left side tilt since the front upper arm bush replacement. Finally that issue was also addressed with re-torquing of suspension as per process guided by Ford with alignment there-after. This brought down the difference in left and right ride height to with-in factory spec of 8mm. Further measurements with a person on driver seat resulted in measurements having negligible difference averaging out to 0.

Final measurements recorded and complied by myself
Ford Endeavour T49_7.jpg

Points of measurement
Ford Endeavour T49_8.jpg

Ford Endeavour T49_9.jpg

I was thoroughly relieved that all the issues had been addressed since there was a get together planned in the end of February 2021 in Jaisalmer.

A teaser picture of from the ‘small’ meet-up of 25 Endeavour owners
Ford Endeavour T49_10.jpg

My Michelin Primacy SUV tyres , almost wornout after runnning for 45000 KM. I was advised by Ford Service team to replace them immmediately. Just got Geolander 275/60-R18 G015 fixed from TyresandMore.

Thread Starter #238
Installing the HKS Exhaust:

The first experience in HKS equipped Endeavour as a passenger was back in January 2019 and since then it was always in the mind. Finally took the plunge in December 2020 and got one for my Endeavour.

The 2 part exhaust
Ford Endeavour T50_1.jpg

Kit containing nuts, bolts, washers, gasket, installation instruction and noise certificate
Ford Endeavour T50_2.jpg

The carbon fiber-esque tip
Ford Endeavour T50_3.jpg

With the handy pit available to go under the Vehicle, installation was fairly simple involving just swap of parts.

Comparison with Original Exhaust
Ford Endeavour T50_4.jpg

Exhaust tip post installation
Ford Endeavour T50_5.jpg

Overall the HKS exhaust made the note bit meatier with Turbo whistle as an added bonus but the real benefit was remap like behaviour - the acceleration gains were just amazing. For comparisons sake, a couple of non-scientific tests were done with stock Endeavour and the results were amazing.

From standstill​

From 60kmph roll-on​

The happiness was short lived and with the law specifically coming harsh on the aftermarket exhausts, had to remove the same despite having the certificate of noise compliance which came with the exhaust. It’s amusing to be selected for ‘random checking’ most of the times when visiting Delhi and in the eyes of law selling ‘banned’ items leading to so called modifications is right while installation of the same is wrong.

Another add-on is the Ford’s official cargo net which is very good at holding items inside.

Even this package comes with installation guide as well
Ford Endeavour T50_6.jpg

Installed and put to use for holding the duster and umbrella
Ford Endeavour T50_7.jpg

On a side note, it was a pleasant surprise to receive a memento from Ford with a note after being featured in one of their videos – these small touches really accentuate the Family wali feeling.
Ford Endeavour T50_8.jpg

Ford Endeavour T50_9.jpg

Ford Endeavour T50_10.jpg

A couple of other mementos
Ford Endeavour T50_11.jpg

Thread Starter #239
Continued issues:

Random jerks – this has been the most annoying part of the experience. There is a 50-50 chance that while coming to a complete stop (say at a red light), the downshift jerk will be felt so hard compelling you to check the mirrors if you have been hit from behind by someone. Similarly during a sudden overtaking move on an undivided highway, there is 1 in 20 probability of having a jerky downshift where it feels like the revs just increase and then someone drops the clutch in race style. Recreating these issues at service center has been a challenge and those who acknowledge it verbally are unable to word it properly or find a solution for it [frustration]

Door Visors cracking – had changed the first set thinking that the door visors might have had an external hit while cleaning or something else but even the replacement cracking up from the same point raised a red flag. The culprit seems to be the design and thickness itself which flutters at anything above 80 kmph – this repeated flutter is causing fatigue failure leading to cracking and then complete breakage.

Crack starting to appear
Ford Endeavour T51_1.jpg

Crack completely breaking the door visor into 2 parts
Ford Endeavour T51_2.jpg

Thread Starter #240
Installing the Remote Start kit:

Entering a pre-cooled cabin of the Endeavour on a hot summer day looked like a pipe dream until recently a friend was able to find a plug-n-play remote start kit. He was kind enough to source it from the US, program it and send it to me. Got the basic version of the kit which just had remote start capability via the original flip key remote as the rest of the features having alarm, dedicated display remote, etc. bumped up the cost quickly.

Neatly packaged
Ford Endeavour T52_1.jpg

The contents with the relevant wiring harness to avoid any kind of wire splicing
Ford Endeavour T52_2.jpg

Following the detailed instruction guide resulted in wiring harness installation taking hardly 5 minutes.

Installing the wires for a test run
Ford Endeavour T52_3.jpg

Since the unit was pre-programmed no other steps were required and it saved the costs of buying the programmer as well. Skipping the programming part, the unit was installed and steps as mentioned in the instruction guide were performed to register the key with the Remote Start unit before putting the label I had been waiting for so long.

The label [:D]
Ford Endeavour T52_4.jpg

Short clip of the Remote Start in action​

Top Bottom