The Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium – Built Tough

Awesome review A.G !! Many congratulations for the new beast.
I was also blessed with a white 3.2 titanium 6 months back and I am enjoying every bit of it. Took it to leh-ladakh last month and it was a dream ride with the truck.
Endy brings a smile every time you take it out for a drive.

P.S: I am tired of explaining to peers/friends, why I chose Endy over Fortuner [:D]

Excellent Ownership review with lots of beautiful pictures A.G[thumbsup]
all the people looking for Endeavour should definitely go through your review.

Such a amazingly well put together ownership review. Take a bow.
I love the panoramic sunroof.

How much i wish to own a Ford Endeavor myself [cry]

I agree with you, the Endeavor 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT is a much better choice compared to the Toyota Fortuner AT.

Detailed review filled with lots of awesomeness! Wow, I'm stumped. Great car with a well deserved 5 star review.
Congratulations on your new ride. Wish you many happy and safe miles with it.

Thread Starter #21
Congrats AG, for the monstrous truck (well that's what the Amrican's call it), attention to detail review, give it a 5*
Thank you Nanofreak, indeed the look of monstrous front grill when viewed head-on or in the rear-view mirror is quite intimidating.
Awesome review A.G !! Many congratulations for the new beast.
Thank you for the wishes and for the appreciation.
Endy brings a smile every time you take it out for a drive.
No doubt about it.
I am tired of explaining to peers/friends, why I chose Endy over Fortuner [:D]
I am going through the same phase and until they see the beast in person, they don't understand.
Excellent Ownership review with lots of beautiful pictures A.G[thumbsup]
all the people looking for Endeavour should definitely go through your review.
Thank you SilverEyez, I am overwhelmed.
Such a amazingly well put together ownership review. Take a bow.
Thank you ticken, can't express my gratitude in words.
I agree with you, the Endeavor 3.2 Titanium 4x4 AT is a much better choice compared to the Toyota Fortuner AT.
It is a lot better and having used the Terrain Management System with the Rear Differential Lock, I can confidently say it is the best off-roading system for novice like me as it simply handles all the situations thrown at it.
Congratulations on your new ride. Wish you many happy and safe miles with it.
Thank you nitinmehta.

Yesterday discovered a letter hiding below the middle row. After reading the same, I am confused - should I be happy that comprehensive drive audits were conducted by the plant people at FoMoCo India by driving my beast over a 100kms or should I be scared? Jokes apart, I appreciate the fact such a letter from the plant itself was there in the vehicle to justify the comparatively high running at the time of delivery. Didn't mind the 159 Kms running during PDI but now I know that out of it 136 Kms were at plant itself.
Endy_VQE_1a.jpg

This, I must say, is very commendable of Ford to do that! Especially, in these times when other manufactures are far away from being transparent and responsible towards their customers. Confidence inspiring. And assurance that your particular car has been tested extensively which should give you a trouble free ownership for many years! [:)]

Congratulations on your new ride. The review was very detailed & enjoyed reading every bit of it. The beast looks awesome in that silver colour. Never knew that this car has so many features if not for your detailed review.
Enjoy your ride & keep updating the thread.

Thread Starter #24
This, I must say, is very commendable of Ford to do that! Especially, in these times when other manufactures are far away from being transparent and responsible towards their customers. Confidence inspiring. And assurance that your particular car has been tested extensively which should give you a trouble free ownership for many years! [:)]
You have echoed my thoughts in words.
Congratulations on your new ride. The review was very detailed & enjoyed reading every bit of it. The beast looks awesome in that silver colour. Never knew that this car has so many features if not for your detailed review.
Enjoy your ride & keep updating the thread.
Thank you vdm295, the feature list is endless and still discovering new bits & pieces.

Thread Starter #25
Addressing the Low beam

The Low beam, even though HID, seemed quite inadequate. When the ignition is turned ON, the auto leveling system starts from an even lower focused beam and then depending on load takes it higher.

There is however a manual screw provided for adjusting the vertical cut-off of the low beam. Following the Headlamp aiming procedure of U.S. DoT (link), it was clear that the low beam cut-off was incorrectly adjusted and was close to 3 inches lower than what the standard recommends. Also noticeable was the difference in the cut-off of Left and Right beams.

Adjustment was a 10 minutes job with major time spent on correctly positioning the vehicle at the right distance, measuring the height of center of bulb and marking the new cut-offs with respect to center of the bulbs.

The result is that the Low beam has become satisfactory in it’s throw. But having been spoilt by the LED Bar on the Pajero Sport, looks like some additions are coming soon.

Lights_Before_After.jpg

Thread Starter #26
Additions 1 - GPS Tracker, Window Screens and DashCam

GPS Tracker:
Got the GPS tracker from manufacturer whose tracker I had already used. Due to 'continuous improvements' this time got the MV1B-i model for around Rs. 2,000/-. The executives were helpful during setup and even added both the trackers to the same login. In the Endeavour, the power to some of the fuses when the key in ACC mode is still there when the key is removed turning off completely after sometime. Hence, the power was tapped fuse which work with key in Ignition ON position. For testing, I had installed it in the boot with the ignition and battery wire plugged to the 3rd row power outlet using the extra cable I had. Finally, it has been placed in the interior fusebox hidden from view.

The tracker with wiring
T3_1.jpg

Window Screens: Among the options available online, got the one with the cut for ORVM's after re-confirming from the seller about their size being suitable for the New Endeavour. For the price, they are okay but the 3rd row ones could have been better shaped and the cut a bit larger for the front windows. Surprisingly, a friend ordered them and the fit for the 3rd row was better - might be piece to piece variation.

The Screens - came in decent packaging
T3_2.jpg

Clockwise from Top - Rear Door, 3rd row and Front Door
T3_3.jpg

Actual view of Front ones installed
T3_4.jpg

DashCam: Having used the SJ4000 WiFi, I wanted to go for the SJCAM M20. But IronRock suggested to go for Viofo. Got the A119S which has Sony sensor and very good night clarity but it sacrifices on the horizontal adjustment of the lens and the lens itself has a slightly narrower Field of View. The kit included Circular Polarization Filter to avoid capturing glares, GPS mount, Hard Wire Kit and fuse tap. I had wrongly specified the fuse tap to be Micro Fuse Tap and received the same but the Endeavour uses Micro2 fuse. A Class 10 memory card was separately purchased.

The kit
T3_5.jpg

Contents of the camera box
T3_6.jpg

The camera prepared for use after pasting the supplied anti vibration foam
T3_7.jpg

Camera with GPS module mount
T3_8.jpg

The Camera was mounted offset to passenger side due to the sensor in the center under the IRVM. It is perfectly concealed from driver's view as it comes behind the IRVM. The hardwire kit is connected to the supply tapped for GPS and now it automatically turns ON & OFF with ignition.

Actual placement of Camera
T3_9.jpg

Wiring concealed in roof and pillar beading
T3_10.jpg

The lack of battery is both good and bad - good as there is problem due to heat and bad that it cannot have the parking mode enabled without the hardwire kit being connected permanently to battery. This might cause the battery to drain and unnecessary recordings as it turn-on and off based on detected motion and shock.

Thread Starter #27
Additions 2 - Digital Tyre Inflator, HUD and LED Light Bar

Digital Tyre Inflator:
The replacement of my previous tyre inflator was long overdue as it lacked auto cut-off upon reaching the desired pressure and had a very slow inflation rate (used to take close to 4 minutes to inflate the tyre of Pajero Sport from 20 PSI to 32 PSI). Got the MotoMaster Heavy Duty inflator which features auto-shut off once the set pressure is reached. It comes in a nice sturdy box and connects directly to the battery. The coiled air hose is 5m long and the wire itself is close to 3m long. Being twin-cylinder, the inflation rate is very fast and it took less than a minute to inflate the Endeavour's tyre from 24 PSI to 32 PSI.

Already, the inflator has been put to use twice - one puncture dropped the pressure to 26 PSI and the second puncture (4 days later in the same tyre) to 24 PSI in the Endeavour. What is alarming though is that there was no warning from the TPMS even after the tyre lost 8 PSI pressure.

The unit
T4_1.jpg

The unit in action (previous pump also visible)
T4_2.jpg

The screw(ed) tyre
T4_3.jpg

Attention to detail - notice the FoMoCo branding on the Brake fluid pipe holder, Brake caliper and Ford logo on Brake pad
T4_4.jpg

HUD: The Heads-up Display which I had got for a project was lying unused. It couldn't be installed in the Pajero Sport as the dashboard didn't have any straight surface while in the Endeavour, there are plenty. As the buttons are non-functional, for now have not pasted the reflecting film to eliminate the blur and still thinking of where to position it. Due to the buttons not working, the FE reading (in L/100 km) is off by close to 5 times and distance by 1.1 times. Trying it out before buying a new one.

HUD during night
T4_5.jpg

During the installation of HUD, discovered that the Endeavour has 2 OBD ports as visible in the picture below. Connected it to the rear (black) one as the front (white) one is inaccessible with fuse box cover closed.

Dual OBD ports
T4_6.jpg

LED Light Bar: Finally decided to put the LED light bar as couldn't adjust to the stock lighting. Unlike my Pajero Sport, there is no front guard which hampered the options for mounting. Found 3 holes behind the lower grill on the frame using which mounts could be fabricated. However due to the vertical slats in the lower grill, the size limitation came into the picture. Due to this, selected the 90W combo bar (flood on sides and spot in middle with separate wire for both) with CREE LED which could fit between the slats of the lower grill. Finally the mounting is done and now planning to integrate a logic to control the lights using the existing headlamp stalk.

LED light bar after mechanical fitment
T4_7.jpg

Thread Starter #28
2500 Kms inspection - getting the PCM updated

The inspection at 2500 Kms, although a minor one, had couple of issues to be addressed. Mainly, the owner's page online was showing an update being available for the SYNC3 system but the same could not be installed by myself with the procedure listed. It was verified that version 2.3 is the latest one and update is not required.

SYNC3 about page
SYNC_Ver.jpg

Another issue was jerks from the transmission in city driving especially when it shifted down from 2nd gear. It felt more related to the conservative tune during the run-in period rather than an actual issue. The vehicle was diagnosed and an update was found to be available for the PCM. Interestingly, the updates which are shown also depend on the version of scan tool software used - if it is not up to date, latest updates are not shown. Also, internet connectivity is required for the entire process. After the update, also got the adaptive learning data for the Transmission cleared so that it could learn fresh and blend with the new update of PCM.

After the update and clearing of transmission learning data, the character has transformed. The response to throttle is even more instantaneous while more engine braking is available. Also, rather than maintaining low RPMs, the powertrain as a whole now responds better further reducing the number of gearshifts. You feel like riding a wave of torque when power is desired.

Undergoing inspection
IMG_20170824_104332.jpg

ZERO costs were incurred during this visit [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
AG,
Congrats on the beast. Guess I am late to the party. So when are we seeing some monster truck action on one of the OTRs?

Thread Starter #30
AG,
Congrats on the beast.
Thank you bhvm.
So when are we seeing some monster truck action on one of the OTRs?
Already been to OTR twice.

Ford Endeavour - taking you further....
Right after completing the first thousand kms run-in, had lined-up a trip to visit the Ganga and took the truck right to the banks. The path was completely broken with rocks and the climb was 14 degrees. The Rock mode with rear differential lock made it look like a walk in the park.

On the banks of Ganga
T6_1.JPG

Second one was quite recently after the first inspection - headed in search of the highway and found it to be still under construction. The highlight was the river crossing giving opportunity to test the water wading depth. Using 4x4 Low in Normal mode with rear differential lock ensured we made it without any help through the river and other obstacles.

Posing after the first assessment of the river
T6_2.jpg

The river crossing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndf531P6mHo

Rear end covered with sand
T6_3.jpg

Front end covered in mud
T6_4.jpg

Underbody shots
T6_5.jpg
T6_6.jpg
T6_8.jpg