The Endurance Drive - 2011 Bangalore - Nainital

Thread Starter #1
One of the most memorable journey i took SOLO in my scorpio

Route:

Day 1: Bangalore - Davengare - Belgaum - Pune - Nashik
Day 2: Nashik - Dhule - Indore - Shivpuri
Day 3: Shivpuri - Mathura - Agra - New Delhi

Visited tourist places including chandigarh, haridwar, rishikesh, dehradoon and nainital back to delhi

Return Route:

Day 1: Delhi - Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Ahdabad - Baroda - Surat - Mumbai
Day 3: Mumbai - Bangalore

Tip of the trip - have decent b'fast have fruits as lunch as you drive and heavy dinner.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Warm welcome to The Automotive India, Digvijay. Congrats for completing an incredible drive. This sure would have been a fun in Mahindra Scorpio. I can notice the endurance drive banners on your car. Was this drive officially organized anyway? Recently one of our forum members also did Bangalore – Leh trip. You must check out this travelogue as well: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...98-leh-ladakh-road-trip-mahindra-scorpio.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow,that's what I call a true long drive.Making out such long drives all alone is quite tough task but since I myself have done many long trips(not longer than 1200 kms)all alone,so I know the joy of it too.You simply need to be perfect for these drives and same is with your car.

Wow. That must have been a great drive and an experience to remember. Do share some more of drive experiences and photos. I'm heading from Bangalore to Pune Shirdi and Goa and back to Bangalore tomorrow.

Your experience on Bangalore Pune will certainly help !!

Also, I'm doing Bangalore -> Delhi -> Manali -> Ladakh -> Srinagar -> Amritsar -> Delhi -> Bangalore in June 2012.. so very keen to know the experiences of like minded people :)

@Digvijay: Well another hawk on the forum.

Welcome to TAI and to hawk gang buddy.

Good to know you covered all the distance, Hawk is absolute bliss to drive vehicle for hours together, Well more or less my Hawk remains in same condition after long drives.

Looks like you are with Sireesh for servicing.

What's the km on ODO doing currently?

Hi digvijay singh,

First I would like to wish you for the tremendous effort you have put to make a long journey solo. When you have mentioned solo, it means that only you have driven the car and there was no co-passenger as well. rite? If so, I really really appreciate your guts :) I am also tempted to go on such long drives.
Can you share your experience with us which will help us to plan such trips? What are the preparations you did before travel and what are the situations you have faced which need to be carefully handled?
Awaiting your response :)

Hi Digvijay,

A very warm Welcome aboard. I am sure you would have enjoyed the drive to the core, however, i am not very sure how your family/GF might have reacted when you would have expressed your desire to go on a SOLO drive. Do post more pics & details of your adventure.

Hi Digvijay,

Great drive. But do want more details and photos.

How did you reach Nainital. From what I understand you were in Dehra and Rishikesh. Did you drive upto Karnaprayag and reach Kausani to fet to Naini or took the route via Moradabad.

Thread Starter #9
Hi!

Endurance drive was a "endurance test" i set myself to do bangalore delhi solo is less than 21/2 days was fortunate enough of having been able to achieve it wish i had sponsors for the drive - got a lot of eyeballs for this adventure

Pahujaamit Hi!

Happy and safe driving to Pune, Shirdi, Goa - the road till pune is fantastic can cruze your car at 130 flat no issues - i am also planning a Bangalore -> Delhi -> Manali -> Ladakh -> Srinagar -> Amritsar -> Delhi -> Bangalore around April 2012. seems the snow is a little less then also the weather is pleasent in north of india - dont you think june will be too hot for the road trip till jammu?

Mukesh Hi!

I am a die hard "India Garage" fan - they are damn good at servicing know a few of the guys there so extra care for mycar (have serviced once at shreesh as well), My car has done 40,000 whats the car u drive?

Raj Hi!

hey thanks buddy for the encouragement -- when i began the journey i never thought i could do it - just took one step at a time - solo was fun one gets to do a lot of introspection when you drive alone (yes no co-passengers just me), couple of things that i learned from/ during the trip:

try taking the best route (main highways as much as possible) they may be 100 km longer but its safer and faster - e.g the dhule - indore - gwalior route (the famous arga mumbai roiad) is very very poor - no roads in some places (attaching pics) landed up driving from 6 am in the morning to 10 am night 16 hrs non stop - enjoyed it but was very anxious as the route is infested with dacoits, not recommended to drive at night

carry cash - card will not do, carry a air pump for sure lots of bisleri u get local brands on route (not recommeded for consumption) and ofcourse lots of muzic.will share more pic soon.
First I would like to wish you for the tremendous effort you have put to make a long journey solo. When you have mentioned solo, it means that only you have driven the car and there was no co-passenger as well. rite? If so, I really really appreciate your guts :) I am also tempted to go on such long drives.
Can you share your experience with us which will help us to plan such trips? What are the preparations you did before travel and what are the situations you have faced which need to be carefully handled?
Awaiting your response :)

Thread Starter #10
Akash Hi!

Lot of resistance -- but "zindigi na mile gi dobara" - live it up / live it large juts go for your dreams.

Chandranath Hi!

took the NAHAN route fm chandigarh to dehradoon - then went to nainital via haridwar etc jim corbet to reach nainital.

return to delhi was via ramnagar - moradabad route

have u also tried this route?

Thread Starter #11
just concluded the Bangalore - coimbatore - palakkad - thrissur - alleppey and kayamkullam return trip - scorpio you role the roads.....

attachments

Last edited:
Mukesh Hi!

I am a die hard "India Garage" fan - they are damn good at servicing know a few of the guys there so extra care for mycar (have serviced once at shreesh as well), My car has done 40,000 whats the car u drive?
Hi Digvijay, even i have the same car, but mine is a Pre-Refresh Version of Scorpio Vlx(1st Gen)-Mist Silver.

Mine is still doing 35,650 kms in 37 months.

Here is my latest update: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...silver-35-000-kms-counting-34.html#post121930

Thread Starter #13
Mukesh Hi!

your car looks very well maintained u must surely be a proud owner - where did you get the automotive sticker fm? was looking at getting one for my car as well

Hello, I am a new member from the United States and have enjoyed reading about your adventure. Can you tell me more about the Endurance Drive poster you have displayed in your window? Is there an organization in your country that sanctions or recognizes endurance drives?

Thank you

Thread Starter #15
aosborn Hi!

Great to see enthuisasts like your self following automotove india - "endurance drive" was more of a self endurance drive - to drive to new delhi in 2 1/2 days solo - I wanted to see INDIA ..... (its beautiful and diverse) unfortunately there are no organization that i am aware of - yes there are sponsors who do support "crazy" people like us e.g bharat petrolium/ Hindustan pertrolium - but its difficult to get through to them - red tapism u see.

Let us know about few of your adventure trip in your country?

Thanks and Regards

Top Bottom