The Emergency Telephone Numbers in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
This is another reference thread which will help us to know about the various important and emergency telephone numbers in India. The first three numbers can be accessed for free of cost from any public telephone booth and / or when your cell phone has limited network connectivity. Please remember to use them wisely, and only when actually needed.

Emergency Numbers

• Police: 100

• Fire Brigade: 101

• Ambulance: 102

Bomb Disposal Squads

• South West: 26152810 / 801

• New Delhi: 23361231 (Ext. 3705)

• Delhi: 22512201 (Ext. 577)

• North: 23962281
Hospitals (New Delhi)

• AIIMS: 26864851, 26588500

• Safdarjung Hospital: 26165060, 2665032

• Sir Ganga Ram Hospital: 25712389

With increasing number of road causalities taking place, which not always occurs from one's own fault, I believe that a thread such as this was necessary for everyone to stay well-informed. I would also like to request others to contribute by sharing the important telephone numbers and contact details of their area.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great job Vibhor. I must admit this is something which will help people to support others.

I would request people from other parts of our country to add and suppport.

Thanks

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Government of Gujarat has introduced ICU on wheels facility for critical accidents and emergency situations. Just dial 104 for medical emergency in villages.
Launching 26 fully-equipped ‘ICU on Wheels’ on Thursday Vyas said, “As many as 108 ambulances we are planning to introduce Telemedicine services. With the help of paramedics, villagers will be able to take primary action in the crucial one hour of some medical emergency. We are expecting this service to begin by 2012.” Read More: Govt plans ‘Dial 104’ for medial emergency services in villages - Indian Express
Drive Safe,
350Z

hi thanks for sharing this useful information with all of us. was really helpful. have noted down all the emergency numbers. you never know we can need it anytime.

Thanks for sharing emergency telephone numbers that we may require but i think you missed out some numbers for women safety. Its '181' for women care in northern region of India and there are some more i am not remembering right now. If anybody has any idea do post that.

Emergency numbers are easy to remember but this bomb disposal and hospital numbers are hardly known by the people. Thanks for sharing it, i am saving all this numbers.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
Gurgaon Traffic Police has launched a useful facility to find out details of an auto / taxi owner. Here's how it works:

> SMS taxi's registration number to 8860622032.

> You will instantly receive a message with all details. If a response isn't received, it means that taxi isn't authorized by GTP.

> This service now has records of over 2063 auto rickshaws and 26707 taxis running in Gurgaon.

In case of misbehavior by any auto or taxi driver, call public helpline number: 9999999953.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is another reference thread which will help us to know about the various important and emergency telephone numbers in India. The first three numbers can be accessed for free of cost from any public telephone booth and / or when your cell phone has limited network connectivity. Please remember to use them wisely, and only when actually needed.

Emergency Numbers

• Police: 100

• Fire Brigade: 101

• Ambulance: 102

Bomb Disposal Squads

• South West: 26152810 / 801

• New Delhi: 23361231 (Ext. 3705)

• Delhi: 22512201 (Ext. 577)

• North: 23962281
Hospitals (New Delhi)

• AIIMS: 26864851, 26588500

• Safdarjung Hospital: 26165060, 2665032

• Sir Ganga Ram Hospital: 25712389

With increasing number of road causalities taking place, which not always occurs from one's own fault, I believe that a thread such as this was necessary for everyone to stay well-informed. I would also like to request others to contribute by sharing the important telephone numbers and contact details of their area.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice information which is so useful for every person.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
India To Soon Launch ’112′ as National Emergency Number

People will soon have to dial just a single-number ’112′ for help during emergency situations such as availing services of police, ambulance and the fire department. The proposal to have a single number for various emergency services, approved by the inter-ministerial panel Telecom Commission, would be similar to the ’911′ all-in-one emergency service in the US. All existing emergency numbers will be phased out within a year of rolling out 112, depending upon the awareness about this new facility.

“Telecom Commission has accepted TRAI‘s recommendation on single emergency number 112. It will now be drafted by the Department of Telecom and will require Telecom Minister’s (Ravi Shankar Prasad) approval. It will be rolled out within months rather than a year,” an official source told PTI.

The source said the panel has accepted recommendations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) after including clarifications given by it. In India, different emergency communication and response systems are in place — police (100), fire brigade (101), ambulance (102) and Emergency Disaster Management (108).

Also, a number of states have notified various helpline numbers for assistance to special categories of citizens, like Woman in distress – 181 (Delhi), Missing Children and Women – 1094 (Delhi), Crime Against Women – 1096 (Delhi), Police Headquarter helpline – 1090 (Uttar Pradesh) etc.

A person in distress will now need to call 112, which will direct the call to concerned departments immediately for help. The service will also be accessible even through those SIMs and landlines whose outgoing call facility has been stopped or temporarily suspended.

A user will be able to make communication even through SMS and the system will learn about the location of the caller that will be shared with the nearest help center. The service will be operated by a call center like facility, which will have representatives speaking in Hindi, English and the local language.

Credit: India to soon launch

Re: India to soon launch ’112′ as national emergency number

This is a super initiative by the GOI, will be on the lines of US's 911 & UK's 999.

For a diverse country like ours, this would really be a boon.

Thanks @Nairrk for sharing

Re: India To Soon Launch ’112′ as National Emergency Number

Great initiative by the GOI. Truly the Govt is doing and work is happening Need to give this bunch of politician some time. Definitely we will be seeing good things happening.

Transport minister has a vision to have 100% electric cars in india by 2030. That is very ambitious but yes it is a great initiative. Even if 20% of it is achieved I would still call is a great success. Its a step taken in a right direction.

Top Bottom