The Dream Bike - Honda Dream Yuga

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I owned a Hero Honda Glamour (2005 model) and it was showing some signs of ageing, as I had abused it a lot, and wanted something new.

My requirements were as follows.
1. Reliability and Resale Value.
2. Mileage – Same old question; Kitna deti hai? [:)]
3. Strictly between 100cc to 110cc due to requirement (2).

As my requirement primarily was for daily commute to and fro from office to home, I zeroed only two bikes mentioned below: We have Bajaj and TVS bikes in our family, so stayed away from them as I wanted something different.

1. Hero Passion Pro.
2. Honda CB Twister.

1. Hero Passion Pro: One of my relatives’ had recently bought this and was facing a lot of issues with his bike. The bike started rattling like hell after a few days of purchase and the speedometer went kaput within one month. The mileage turned out to be between 50-55 km/L which is very less for 97 cc, so I opted this out.

2. Honda Twister: This was recommended by one of my colleagues in the office. I paid a visit to Ananda Honda located at Bommanahalli, Bangalore, for a TD. The ride was really awesome. The initial pickup is superb. I felt like I am riding a sports bike. What I did not like in the bike is that the rear tyres are too thin, tripmeter is missing, gear shift pattern is toe shift, and it has an open chain pattern, so special care has to be taken.

As my search list had only two options and had exhausted (had no idea about Dream Yuga as the bike was not available at the showroom while I went for a TD of Twister), I went ahead to Ananda Honda showroom to book one. I booked Twister on June 20th and got the delivery on July 27th.

While taking delivery, from day 1, there was an abnormal noise from the engine, and the SA assured me that it is a normal phenomenon as the engine is new, but I was not convinced. So, shot a mail through Honda website and within no time got a call from service manager and they took my bike for resolving the issue. They could not find the location from where the noise is coming and finally gave up and handed over the bike to me assuring that it will be taken care in the future as it is under warranty. To cut the story short, I finally met the managing director of the showroom and relayed my concerns to her, and after examining the bike, she offered me a new one in exchange of my existing one, but I have to pay 3k more and offered me to give all the accessories free of cost. While all the discussion was going on, my eyes fell on Dream Yuga.

Before finalizing the deal for the new Twister, I gave a thought of taking a TD of Dream Yuga for which the MD obliged.

Wasting no time, took the keys from SA and asked him not to accompany me for TD (as they usually accompany the customer for TDs) and went on a long test drive alone. The engine was butter smooth and the initial pickup was amazing, just like Twister, so booked Dream Yuga (Black).......

Last edited:
Congrat's on your yuga AK,i guess you are the first Dream Yuga owner in our forum[clap],please understand that without photo's this thread will never be complete[;)],was the difference amount from twister to yuga paid back to you?

Congrat's on your yuga AK,i guess you are the first Dream Yuga owner in our forum[clap],please understand that without photo's this thread will never be complete[;)],was the difference amount from twister to yuga paid back to you?
@Visran, I may become the first owner of Dream Yuga !! as he just booked it and not taken the delivery I hope.

If everything goes well, I will take the deliver of my Dream Yuga Black tomorrow

My waiting is to finalise this bike today after noon with the feed back on my thread.

@Visran, I may become the first owner of Dream Yuga !! as he just booked it and not taken the delivery I hope.

If everything goes well, I will take the deliver of my Dream Yuga Black tomorrow

My waiting is to finalise this bike today after noon with the feed back on my thread.
That's cool, and congrat's on your Yuga please do open a separate ownership thread as that will help prospective buyer's to better understand this product,thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #5

gurrala, I have taken the delivery of DY on July 17th and have driven 180 Km till date. Will update the review once Ist service is complete. [:D]

gurrala, I have taken the delivery of DY on July 17th and have driven 180 Km till date. Will update the review once Ist service is complete. [:D]
Dude before that some photo's please, and what happened to the difference money i guess Twister is more expensive than Yuga right?

[cry] I wanted to be the first !! cheating Ayaz[embarass]

Good Congrats Ayaz on your New DY. Then why don't give me your experience with it so far quickly, so that it will help in my decision

Thread Starter #8
Dude before that some photo's please, and what happened to the difference money i guess Twister is more expensive than Yuga right?
Sure, will update pics tonight. Dream Yuga Self-Drum-Alloy on-road price is 56,587/- and Honda CB Twister (Self-Drum) on-road price is 58,628/- excluding accessories, so I had to compromise on 2.1K and got all the accessories free of cost from the dealer, pretty expensive for me.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

[cry] I wanted to be the first !! cheating Ayaz[embarass]

Good Congrats Ayaz on your New DY. Then why don't give me your experience with it so far quickly, so that it will help in my decision
Thank you gurrala. Sorry for the embarrassment caused by this to you [;)]. Please do the PDI before registration and also a TD if possible without fail. I failed taking a TD of my Twister before registration and ended up paying a heavy price. FYI, had put 200/- worth of petrol (2.65 L approx) when it came to reserve during delivery and now the ODO is showing 180, but still it has not come to reserve [:D].

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you gurrala. Sorry for the embarrassment caused by this to you [;)]. Please do the PDI before registration and also a TD if possible without fail. I failed taking a TD of my Twister before registration and ended up paying a heavy price.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
I did the TD yesterday and felt very good and there was nothing I could say some thing is bad about this bike.

Since you have used it for some time, I would like to listen from you now

Thread Starter #13
What is the tank capacity?
The tank capacity is 8 Liters.

I just booked one Dream Yuga Black self alloy wheels with full payment. Delivery by tomorrow after noon [clap]
congrats gurrala, drive safe. Please check the oil level during delivery without fail, mine was almost empty[;)].

Regards,
Ayaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Ayaz for the new bike[clap]. Where are the pictures buddy.

Congratulations to you also gurrala[clap] for getting the Yuga.

Top Bottom