The Comparison of 'Auto Rickshaws' in India!

lambretta auto was my favorite rickshaw
I like it due to following reasons
1) superb stylish design, spacious
2) luggage dicky
3) sound of the engine

When ever I used to go to mangalore used to use it

Not a fan of current rickshaw too many in bangalore and rent nearly equal to cab

Attachments

Last edited:
I remember traveling on these rickshaws (the one in the first pic) as a kid. It was popular in kerala in 1980-90s. It had a kickstart mechanism and most of the time it won't start ever after 4-5 kicks. Then they will pull up the driver seat (where the engine was located) and do some stuff there (choke may be), phew it started!. It had a turrr-turrr sound unlike Bajaj rickshaws and many drivers were said to be using kerosene mix fuel.
The reason for KAL's today's condition is the state government itself.They didn't want to promote it due to no reasons(haha!).My one relative had worked there and retired some years ago.He told me some stories about KAL.Some of them are very interesing.
PIAGGIO had once tried to buy the entire factory,but failed due to some unknown issues.
KAL had once developed a four wheeled autorickshaw,but failed to make it in production.(Reason=some political issues:tongue:)
They received many orders from some eastern Indian states in recent years,but the lazy management sits like they heard nothing:biggrin:.

Top Bottom