The Candid Cam: For All Law Breakers in India

Re: The Candid Cam: For Law All Breakers in India

Noone have courage to ask question to cop, so they are violating rules [anger].

Even if we ask also, they will charge us for asking questions.

Re: Things You Can Do Only ON Indian Roads!

That red board says "Do not park two wheelers". This was at a hospital and those bikes are parked on the path used for carrying patients on wheelchairs and wheeled stretchers from one block to the other block in the hospital compound.

Attachments

In the second picture you can see a guy with the helmet hanging on his elbow.
This is a very common sight nowadays. Holding the helmet in the elbows, placing it in the fuel tank or hanging in the rearview mirror.

I also see some people with their family sitting in the back do this. And when nearing any important signal, knowing that cops will be catching in thier usual sopt, they lift that helmet and wear it on, without stopping the bike.

Every road users should realize the value of their own life and respect others.

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team

Noone have courage to ask question to cop, so they are violating rules [anger].

Even if we ask also, they will charge us for asking questions.
The issue is that as long as something is implied as a rule we tend to think that it is simply being forced on us regardless of trying to understand that it has been made for one’s own good.

Drive Safe,
350Z

[lol]Great contribution Jalax. Looking forward for more. Bikes parked at the hospital is the best, because if someone will ask them. I think, they will say that they cannot read the language[:)]

[lol]Great contribution Jalax. Looking forward for more. Bikes parked at the hospital is the best, because if someone will ask them. I think, they will say that they cannot read the language[:)]
No confusion with language here in my town, Actually they will play dumb if its written in English(Even if they understand very well what it means). Its pretty pathetic at times. People stand blocking the very roads to hospitals here, Chatting and acting like their at some beach.

Many a times I almost get started when people block my car or bike at parking lots with theirs, when I've parked it neat without being a hindrance to any one. They ask whats the hurry instead of saying sorry, when I've been standing there waiting for these royal folks for almost an hour, Imagine how much of a pain it becomes when you are with family?[confused] Things really have changed from 'After you Sir' to (I really can't say what some people say to you at times on the forum here, But I guess you get the point).

Last edited:

Firstly,about asking the cops,you people may not believe but I have even slapped one and the reason was the same which has been shown above,the following is the complete incident:
On my way from Meerut to Dehradun I(with my cousin and two friends) had just crossed the Meerut byepass and got the empty stretch of the road ahead so I sped up my Laura to about 130 kph.Suddenly while overtaking a bus,what I saw was a blue colored Meerut Police Tata Spacio thing is coming from the opposite side(wrong side too as it was meant to be on the another side of the divider)and what was even greater that he had occupied the same lane in which I was driving(the left lane)so what I did was just gave blinked my headlights,braked,then rolled my window and gave him hand indicator to get out of the lane and then applied the brakes hard.
No collision,but my car was merely 6-7 inches away from the Spacio with me full of anger,then the nonsense indicated me to reverse and started blowing the hooter.Now full of anger I came out of my car and refused to reverse and approached him to talk to him,the conversation was as follows:-
I:"Bhaisahab,apko apni side me chalna chahiye na(you must drive on your side)".
Since my Laura has a Dehradun registration number,so..

He:"Abe peeche kar,ye Meerut hai aur jyada bolega toh gaadi sieze karwa dunga(get it reversed,its meerut and don't speak too much else I will get your car siezed)".

Now other people also collected there to enjoy the fight..
I:"Kaise karwa doge sieze,galti kya kar di maine?Khud galti karo aur mano mat,hmmm!(How will you get it siezed?What mistake I have committed?its your mistake and you don't even except it.)

He:"Pata nahi be *****(he used abusive language)"..

Now before he would have spoken even a single word,the JAT inside me had came to life and without thinking even a single time,I just opened his door,caught him at the collar and gave him two very tight slaps saying..

I:"****(lot of abusive language), tujhe kuch kaha nahi toh tu jyada bol raha hai,tere inspector baap se jaake mera naam puchna..tu constable hai toh apni jangah reh (I haven't said anything then you are trying to supress me,go and ask your officer about me(being contractors,nearly every police officer has contact with us),you are a constable and don't cross your limits).
Till then my friends and cousin too arrived and the constable got a really very good body massage,I also stripped his name strip from his uniform and asked him to meet me at the SP city's office.

Now the constable was in a hands joined position and asking for pardon...

SO,RESULT IS THAT,NEVER BE SCARED OF THE COPS..IF YOU WILL FACE THEM THEN THEY WILL BE SCARED OF YOU THINKING THAT MAYBE YOU ARE THEIR BIG DADDY..WHY?BECAUSE NO COMMON MAN EVER STANDS AGAINST THEM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree about the cop being on the wrong side of the law and being such an arrogant idiot when he should be the role model. But you too were over speeding none the less and also went a little too overboard with the issue. And let me also make it clear that what I said is not to offend you.

I would request every one to stay and act well within your rights and never even attempt to assault an officer of the law. You might not come out of it like you think you might and things can turn real ugly. Being steadfast with one's rights is okay, But being just another aggressor and making an authority to do it by threatening or through brute force is not the best idea.

And what I said doesn't necessarily mean that you have to bow your head or yield to whatever they do to you. Just know your rights and their responsibilities and you can always make a complaint against them at higher authorities if they misbehave or act inappropriately.

Last edited:

@Jalex:
You are quite true bro and I know that I did worse against the bad,but what I feel here is that the cops think that they have got the license to mis-behave with ordinary people and in such a case we have no other way left instead of telling them that the license they have has already expired.

@Jalex:
You are quite true bro and I know that I did worse against the bad,but what I feel here is that the cops think that they have got the license to mis-behave with ordinary people and in such a case we have no other way left instead of telling them that the license they have has already expired.
Most of the time, When you dont budge and act calm when they play spoil sport, Its enough to make them back off, again most of the time, Not always necessarily.

Once I and my colleague were halted by the cops, We were in his car and he did not have a copy of the R.C with him. So the cop got mad and asked him, "Dont you know you should have the attested copy of the R.C?"

My friend said,"Yes".

Cop says, "And so where is it? Do you know what the offence is?"

My friend said, "Yes and I'll send an attested copy to your office in two week's time, If you are not happy with that then go ahead and make a charge."

The cop leaves us on our way without another word, Well it was probably cause there is a provision in law and I may quote:

Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Sec 130. Duty to produce licence and certificate of registration:

1) The driver of a motor vehicle in any public place shall, on demand by any police officer in uniform, produce his licence for examination:

Provided that the driver may, if his licence has been submitted to, or has been seized by, any officer or authority under this or any other Act, produce in lieu of the licence a receipt or other acknowledgment issued by such officer or authority in respect thereof and thereafter produce the licence within such period, in such manner as the Central Government may prescribe to the police officer making the demand...

...(3) The owner of a motor vehicle (other than a vehicle registered under section 60), or in his absence the driver or other person in charge of the vehicle, shall, on demand by a registering authority or any other officer of the Motor Vehicles Department duly authorised in this behalf, produce the certificate of insurance of the vehicle and, where the vehicle is a transport vehicle, also the certificate of fitness referred to in section 56 and the permit; and if any or all of the certificates or the permit are not in his possession, he shall, within fifteen days from the date of demand, submit photo copies of the same, duly attested in person or send the same by registered post to the officer who demanded it.

The cop understood that it was useless for him to argue with us further as we were aware of the provisions in law to rectify our mistake of not having the document. So I guess being aware and sticking to one's rights by law works just fine.

Last edited:

Excellent Jalax.

Thanks for sharing the information. I am sure this can be used under testing times but to avoid such incidents. Once should always carry either originals or copies (attested) with them to avoid such dialogues.

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team

I sped up my Laura to about 130 kph. Suddenly while overtaking a bus,[/B]what I saw was a blue colored Meerut Police Tata Spacio thing is coming from the opposite side(wrong side too as it was meant to be on the another side of the divider)and what was even greater that he had occupied the same lane in which I was driving(the left lane)
The cop sure was at fault. But driving at 130 Kph and that too overtaking / driving on left most lane - You are equally responsible for it.

I would request every one to stay and act well within your rights and never even attempt to assault an officer of the law. You might not come out of it like you think you might and things can turn real ugly. Being steadfast with one's rights is okay, But being just another aggressor and making an authority to do it by threatening or through brute force is not the best idea.
That says it all.

My friend said, "Yes and I'll send an attested copy to your office in two week's time, If you are not happy with that then go ahead and make a charge." The cop leaves us on our way without another word, Well it was probably cause there is a provision in law..
Well done. He has set a great example for us. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Pictures of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Dangerous trucks, I saw this while returning back B'lore from Tirupathi ..

I too informed to Police about this truck to near by check point, but no response ...

I guess the truck fell after I overtook him, as the road was very bad (big pot holes)

Attachments

Dangerous trucks, I saw this while returning back B'lore from Tirupathi ..

I too informed to Police about this truck to near by check point, but no response ...

I guess the truck fell after I overtook him, as the road was very bad (big pot holes)
Looks like a drunk elephant walking on a tightrope.

lxi.

Suspended

It can roll to the left anytime. Dangerous for the people behind its back!

Top Bottom