The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

yep shailinder the vento that was delivered just before mine too had a half ribbon tied to it.one positive thing that i forgot to tell you all was that while i was at the show room one of the sales guy introduced himself & some manager and told me that one of my colleague too was being delivered a vento the next day & that if we both produced a certificate from our employer stating that we were working in the same institute then we would be eligible for a corporate benefit which would come to a cool 16000 rs each from vw. if we could find more than 5 people the amount would come to rs29000.
Help me understand it.

Is it corporate discount or over and above corporate discount [confused]. If it is over and above then you should ask your friend or known to come along with certificate and get the amount.

All the best

350Z

Core Team
Come on dont tell me that complete ribbon was out of stock. Well ya it was kind of awkward. But never the less blue ribbon was matching with white base.
yep shailinder the vento that was delivered just before mine too had a half ribbon tied to it.
The half tied up ribbon looks awkward indeed. They could have rather put it upright. Although it is not a big concern but such things reflect the professionalism of a dealership.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #34
shailinder i didn't exactly catch what it was. i will clarify it and let you know. the certificate is ready & i plan to send it at the earliest.

Thread Starter #35
shailinder its corporate discount. completed the formalities at the rto office today, got the desired number( booked the number by remitting rs 3000/ )there were 2 other ventos for registration at the rto office.one was a black one.it looked stunning. fitted a transparent mat. the original mat is beige colored and is bound to get dirty very easily and cleaning it will be a nightmare.had a drive to calicut to attend cousins house warming ceremony. rode about 250 km. hit 100kmph at times when road condition allowed.

Thread Starter #36
few more snaps
the second photo shows the inner rear view mirror obscuring the left side sight. is it the norm. or is that my feeling as iam used to the wide view in the wagonr
the 3rd photo is of the tranparent mat that i had fitted

Attachments

Thread Starter #38
safire90, the seat cost me rs6734/ plus rs1000/ as labour charges. it was fitted at the showroom itself.
completed 1000 kms yesterday.[:)]

smooth rider, congratulations on your beauty, one of the best available cars in this price bracket in india.Very refined engine,perfectly matched gearbox and quality to enjoy your long term ownership.Keep updating your thread regularly.
BTW welcome to TAI.

Thread Starter #42
went to calicut for the festival of vishu to my native place. passed 2000 kms on the odo.filled up diesel from mahe on my return journey. the average mileage i had calculated has come down to 13.75 kmpl[cry].my previous average was 18kmpl. the reasons for the fall in mileage could be-
1) the driving style of mine has changed a bit. initialy i had driven very sedately keeping the speedo round about the 60 kmph mark. as i got accustomed to the new car i a have started speeding. two nights ago i had to attend to a patient in the emergency department ( btw iam doctor a pulmonologist by profession ) at 3 am. as the roads were deserted at the odd hour & the critical condition of the patient i touched speeds of 110 kmph.
2) was it the extra mile diesel i had put in the first fill ? [confused]
the car is doing fine. i think iam falling in love with it.
the music system is a real nice one.(i had read that its only an average one.) must be that i had never been exposed to real high quality music systems. the music starts the moment the engine is switched on . i have never driven without music.

dear guru kindly tell me how to keep the wind shield clean. after washing the car the wind shield has the marks of water on it even after rubbing it with a clean cloth. it has a scratch on it after i switched windshield cleaner on with dirt on it.

Hmmm i am wondering how come the FE can drop so much! Check the average one more time and even if next time the average is less there is something wrong , there cant be such a huge fluctuation!

And cleaning windshield i think newspapers are the best or else you can try the various windshield cleaning liquids that are available in market.

Firstly, congrats on your new drive Rajeev. Hope you have already fallen in love with your Vento!
WISH YOU LAKHS OF HAPPY MILES - HAPPY MOTORING.

Your car looks stunning in white.
Reading this thread made me feel bad about the VW dealership. Lets wish that they change their mentality before your first service.
In regards to the FE, I second with cooldhaya. There can't be huge deflection in the average FE meter. But, did you notice 18 when you fueled? If so, thats a bad guess. Always calculate the FE when you are about 1/4 tank complete.
For windsheild, ensure that you wipe the rubber blades with a clean cloth and use water dipped cloth to remove the dirt atleast once a day.
A shampoo bath to the windscreen will also be great. I too had similar issues and now its all fine.
Paper is also a good method but you need to make the windscreen wet to get it done.
Also, lookout for guys who may advice you on using tobacco leaves to clean the windscreen (It gives a good result with a bad scratch on the glass).
Keep posting more details about the ride quyality, engine noise, suspension, etc.,.
Cheers [:)]!!!

Top Bottom