The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

350Z

Core Team
hi gurs could any of you tell me how to upload photos on to the threads. i have tried and failed.[confused]
Hello, Uploading the photos is fairly easy. Just click the attachment button in advanced reply box and select images. Please visit this thread for details. Do let us know if you still face any issues.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18
hi guys.
i got delivery of my baby on 16/3/11 at 11.30 am. i reached the show room at 9.30 am with my family although i had been asked to come by 10 am.
EXPERIENCE AT THE SHOW ROOM
The experience at the show room was plain mediocre . i had gone there with great expectations ( the same as i had at the maruti show room when i bought my wagon r ) i had the print out of the pdi of tai with me.
the car had dirt on the floor , seats & on the exterior - i had to have it cleaned again.
all the accessories that i had ordered were not fitted - reason outof stock.
the key was handed over to my dad at 11.30. 1.5 hours late.photos were taken by them & also by me.( sorry mates iam unable to up load them still )[frustration]
the handing over ceremony was attended by all the sales staff. there was no token gift given along with the keys. ( the guy who was handed the keys just before me was given a basket with sweets & flowers) reason gift out of stock[lol]
my wife had brought sweets along & my kids gave to all.gave a small gift to the sales guy.
the fuel tank was 1/4 full.
the odo read 11kms only.
ACCESSORIES FITTED - Seat cover, reverse parking sensor, sun control films. that were not fitted - mud flap, rubber strip on the door sill.
THE CAR -
Drove the car from calicut to the Muthappan temple at parassinikadavu, kannur. had the keys handed to the priest for the lords blessings.then reached home at 7.30 pm.
had the tank filled to the brim at mahe ( the cost of diesel is rs 2/ lesser than at kannur.)
altogether drove 208 kms till today.
some problems that i have noticed- the horn is not loud enough, though better than maruti.
the knee keeps scraping the central console. ( iam only 163 cms tall , wonder what longfellows would do.
the rear view mirror in the inside obscures your vision causing a blind spot on the left side.
gurus i need some advice - should i keep at low speeds initialy if so for how long ? next will the extra mile diesel have any benifit during the breaking in period on the engine ?

Congrats for the car Smooth rider.
I think VW doesn't says anything about running in period but ideally you should try to keep the RPM under 2500 for first 1000kms.
Moreover I am not sure about VW but most of the car manufacturers don't recommend diesel with additives.
Looking forward to the pictures.

Keep the rpm as low as possible and seldom rev upto a max 3000 rpm. do not maintain low speed always , get some speed when ever possible.

after the run in period , you can be a little bit hard in highways.

follow the run in till a max of 4000kms , though vw engine have run in period done in plant itself , practise following the same till a 4K kms . After all its your hard earned car.

maintain correct air pressure, avoid stress to the new engine. engage proper gear always.

Always fill Normal diesel , additive diesel are not preferred.

If you are that particular , once in a while add fuel additive to the tank full.
start this practise after some 10 to 14 months .

The most important thing is keep driving . Regular wear and tear will happen and anything that needs replacement can be done with warrenty.

drive as much possible in run in period.

and since its diesel (any car that matter ) , idle parked car cause more of M than running one.

350Z

Core Team
all the accessories that i had ordered were not fitted - reason outof stock.the key was handed over to my dad at 11.30. 1.5 hours late.photos were taken by them & also by me.( sorry mates iam unable to up load them still )[frustration]
I think, we replied to your E-Mail. Please either re-size those pictures to fit under 1000x1000 Pixels or simply mail them to us. We'll post 'em here on your behalf. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Nice seeing the first photographs of your lovely Vento. Why the car has half tied up ribbon on the hood? Considering the experience you have described in your previous post, the attitude of that dealership cannot be appreciated at all. Wish you many trouble free miles ahead with your new car. Don't forget to keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #25
Nice seeing the first photographs of your lovely Vento. Why the car has half tied up ribbon on the hood? Considering the experience you have described in your previous post, the attitude of that dealership cannot be appreciated at all. Wish you many trouble free miles ahead with your new car. Don't forget to keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z
must be vw style/.cost cutting to the extreme. the only freebie that i received was few glasses of cool drinks for my family.

Looks like the VW dealership at your place is pathetic! Here in Chennai they are good enough.

Anyways your Vento looks awesome in white! And horn yeah even somehow i feel the OE VW horns are a bit dull.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Come on dont tell me that complete ribbon was out of stock[lol]. Well ya it was kind of awkward. But never the less blue ribbon was matching with white base.

Oh ! I forgot to congratulate you man. Keep revving.[clap]

Thread Starter #28
yep shailinder the vento that was delivered just before mine too had a half ribbon tied to it.one positive thing that i forgot to tell you all was that while i was at the show room one of the sales guy introduced himself & some manager and told me that one of my colleague too was being delivered a vento the next day & that if we both produced a certificate from our employer stating that we were working in the same institute then we would be eligible for a corporate benefit which would come to a cool 16000 rs each from vw. if we could find more than 5 people the amount would come to rs29000.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new beauty smooth_rider! Wish you lakhs of happy miles!
And normal diesel is suggested during the run-in period. No xtra-mile or fuel additives suggested.Had read this somewhere but cannot recall!

Top Bottom