The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #196
completed 36k kms today.[:D] the brakes are weak now. need to change the brake pads soon. good thing that vw ass has started functioning at kannur, won't have to take car to calicut.[clap]

Thread Starter #197
changed the brake pads. total bill rs 2200/. completed 38k kms. haven't visited the kannur showroom yet although they had called me to enquire regarding the brake pad change experience.

changed the brake pads. total bill rs 2200/. completed 38k kms. haven't visited the kannur showroom yet although they had called me to enquire regarding the brake pad change experience.
Nice to know that your are crunching miles day by day.
How has been your experience with the MRF tyres. How about the road noise and handling?

@smoothrider - WOW !! I read this thread today and really amazed by your persistence. Like your passion about your baby. With this thread I also got an idea about what is coming my way in future. I own a 'New Vento' highline Petrol . Tomorrow it will turn 3 weeks old. Keep revving :-)

Thread Starter #200
did wheel alignment toay.cost Rs 600/. MRF tyres are good. i had upsized to 195/65 R 15 so the ride is a bit on the harder side when compared to the appolo acceleres. no much noice fom the tyre though. handling i can't find any difference though as there are no much roads where i can take her to 3digit speeds for long periods.

@smoothrider - WOW !! I read this thread today and really amazed by your persistence. Like your passion about your baby. With this thread I also got an idea about what is coming my way in future. I own a 'New Vento' highline Petrol . Tomorrow it will turn 3 weeks old. Keep revving :-)
Hi pkid2k, Your Highline Petrol is Automatic or Manual ?

did wheel alignment toay.cost Rs 600/. MRF tyres are good. i had upsized to 195/65 R 15 so the ride is a bit on the harder side when compared to the appolo acceleres. no much noice fom the tyre though. handling i can't find any difference though as there are no much roads where i can take her to 3digit speeds for long periods.
My appolos are around 20k kms and I can notice higher road noise these days. What can be a solution to the noise apart from changing them?

Thread Starter #207
completed 50k kms today. took her to the ass at kannur for a general check up as iam planning on a long drive....to chennai. i had noticed some oil leaking on to the top of the engine. rectified it. the steering has become some what tight, the service guy told me that he would need the car for 2 days so postponed it to after my chennai trip.

Thread Starter #208
today my car battery went kaput. will have to replace it. contacted the ass and they have said that it will cost below 7k and will have 1year warranty. amaron costs 5400/ ( special price as the dealer is a friend ) and will have 4 year warranty. mates any suggestions.

Thread Starter #210
mates wonder of wonders[surprise][surprise] - i had parked my car at my friends house after getting it started. yesterday morning when he cranked it, it fired to life. again today it started. i have brought it back home and will have the battery checked at my friends garage tomorrow. i think i might have simply drained the battery by unknowingly keeping some component on.

Top Bottom