The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

Hey why only front two tyres. Won't it affect the ride?
Also tell us about the difference in ride quality and comfort with new tyres.
Good to see you crunching miles on vento.

Thread Starter #183
@ rightnow
there is some more tread left on the two older tyres, i want to get the most out of them.most probably 2000kms more. the zlo is claimed to be capable of better high speed drives. but alas the roads in kerala are not fit for riding above 80-90 kmph. the comfort has definitely increased as the pot holes aren't felt as much as the original tyres which were appolo acceleres 185-65 R 15. the definite feeling can be gauged after the other two are also changed.

smooth rider,

I thought Appolo accelere will last for another 10000 km at least.

Can you please post the pictures of your old tyres.

@ rightnow
there is some more tread left on the two older tyres, i want to get the most out of them.most probably 2000kms more. the zlo is claimed to be capable of better high speed drives. but alas the roads in kerala are not fit for riding above 80-90 kmph. the comfort has definitely increased as the pot holes aren't felt as much as the original tyres which were appolo acceleres 185-65 R 15. the definite feeling can be gauged after the other two are also changed.
Okk. Alright. That is a good thinking smooth rider.

What life should I expect from the appolo accelere (same specs as yours)- My car has run 13k, how long before I should think about changing tyres? Any suggestions?

Thread Starter #186
@autosafari @ rightnow
the service centre people had told me that the mileage in vento tyre is ranging from 24000 kms to 35000kms only.

Thanks @smooth_rider and other member of the forum, with your views and opinion shared and my research on the net.
Finally Today i booked my VW Vento Highline Diesel. Hurray... [:D]

Hey smooth rider

32k kms in a year?!?!?!? That is a lot of driving you do. For a comparo, my only car has done 32k kms as of today after 4 years and 2 months [:D]. You must be having loads of fun driving the diesel rocket. I'm going to follow your thread closely because I'm looking at making my dad buy either the Vento or Rapid (for the sheer fun of the turbo kicking in as well as being cheaper to fill) or the City (for it's proven reliability and the silky smooth engine but what makes us stay away from petrol cars is the cost to fill it up).

Cheers and have fun.

Thread Starter #194
completed 33000kms few days ago. the older pair of tyres in the rear still holding on. the braking is jerky now a days. i think that the rear tyres which have only a little tread is skidding and the abs is acting and hence the jerks while braking.

Thread Starter #195
complete 34700kms today. changed the rear pair of tyres as well. will post regarding the comfort level after driving a 1000 km.

Top Bottom