The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

completed 4000km this week[:)] i scraped the rear left door and the running board on a wall near my home[frustration]. have given the car at the dealer for denting and painting. price quoted is rs 5000 + tax.will get the car tomorrow.
So sad to hear about the damage Doc. A scratch/ Dent in a new vehicle is really hearbreaking. I was filled with tears within. Did you take the delivery from the dealer?

completed 4000km this week[:)] i scraped the rear left door and the running board on a wall near my home[frustration]. have given the car at the dealer for denting and painting. price quoted is rs 5000 + tax.will get the car tomorrow.
Oops, dont know how i missed your post. Sad to know about the damage. Do upload the pics of your car after it is back from repairs.

Thread Starter #79
got my baby back on saturday.the dent & scratch has been repaired beautifuly[:D]. the price came to rs 5515/. i have taken the snaps of the damage on my mobile but am unable to up load them. i will post them when i can. the snaps of the damage was taken to remind me that iam solely to be blaimed for it, it was carelessness on my part.[frustration]
the new mileage has come to 18.43 kmpl( the highway + pocket roads )

Last edited by a moderator:
got my baby back on saturday.the dent & scratch has been repaired beautifuly[:D]. the price came to rs 5515/. i have taken the snaps of the damage on my mobile but am unable to up load them. i will post them when i can. the snaps of the damage was taken to remind me that iam solely to be blaimed for it, it was carelessness on my part.[frustration]
the new mileage has come to 18.43 kmpl( the highway + pocket roads )
Its nice to know about the good repair. The mileage seems a good figure.[thumbsup]

Am still waiting for the pictures Smoothrider. Vento is amazingly fuel-efficient. Even my friend bought one recently and i was amazed to see its Fuel-efficiency even in dense Chennai city conditions!

Thread Starter #83
completed 5000 kms today[:D] i had contactd the dealer at calicut to enquire regarding any check up/ maintenance that has to be done. they have advised only to do a wheel alignment & tyre rotation. is it enough or should i have my car checked ? please opine.

completed 5000 kms today[:D] i had contactd the dealer at calicut to enquire regarding any check up/ maintenance that has to be done. they have advised only to do a wheel alignment & tyre rotation. is it enough or should i have my car checked ? please opine.

Congrats smooth rider;81750

Great Looking your vento specially in white.Nice to hear that you are also from calicut.I booked VW polo at calicut dealer.(phoenix cars).bad to hear that you didn't get proper care fom dealer.first i booked polo comfortline,but now thinking to change to diesel comfortline.petrol price are sky high.[frustration]

Btw Very happy to read your thread,please take her to long trips and share your experience when coming to the, high speed stability and handling.

Any plan to upgrade your ICE on car.

I think better to go with dealer advice regarding checkup.

Thread Starter #85
thanks ishquemv. regarding highspeed handling i have touched 130kmph onetime. no much roads here to go higher.the handling is superb at 100kmph, you have to ride another car after driving the vento to appreciate the difference. i make it a point to drive any car to get the experience.i think i foresaw this petrol price hike and went forth to get a diesel car.i would advice you to go for the diesel highline version if you can extend your budget. the abs and airbags is very much necessary on our roads these days ( god forbid such an eventuality to anybody ). no plan as of today for ice upgradation as iam happy with the one now in the car.( also iam short of moolah to spend on ICE.)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #86
did wheel alignment from kannur as advised by the vw dealer, for rs 400/. was filling up diesel at mahe when the attendant gave me a new info. she had filled about 40 litres of diesel when the auto cut off of the pump got activated. she then pressed a small button just inside the tube of the fuel tank opening when the fuel in the tube went down, she did this several times and got another 9litres of diesel into the tank[surprise]. gurus please explain this phenomenon. was it fuel getting in via the overflow tube. is it advisable to do this little trick.
i followed the tips suggested by naryanrmenon while driving home ( keeping the rpm needle about1400 ) on the highway and voila the mileage has come up to 20.6kmpl. only problem was that the autorikshaws were overtaking me with their drivers giving me bemused looks[lol]

Hmmm 5.5k for that small damage seems too high but that's how the dealership works , they are always costly!

And you don't have have to drive at 1400rpm to get good mileage , my friend drives his Vento at around 90-100kmph on good four lane highways and we got a maximum of 22.xxkmpl!

And about the fuel filling even am not very sure , i always insist them to stop filling once auto-filling cuts off.

thanks ishquemv. regarding highspeed handling i have touched 130kmph onetime. no much roads here to go higher.the handling is superb at 100kmph, you have to ride another car after driving the vento to appreciate the difference. i make it a point to drive any car to get the experience.i think i foresaw this petrol price hike and went forth to get a diesel car.i would advice you to go for the diesel highline version if you can extend your budget. the abs and airbags is very much necessary on our roads these days ( god forbid such an eventuality to anybody ). no plan as of today for ice upgradation as iam happy with the one now in the car.( also iam short of moolah to spend on ICE.)
Thanks smooth rider for the info[clap]

Confusion to go highline is pricey of disel highline the car itself made me tight budget.suppose to go for trendline diesel.but lack of height adjust driver seat insisting me to go for comfortline.

Regarding ICE witson will give your vento perfect look to your interior.

http://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=100439730

did wheel alignment from kannur as advised by the vw dealer, for rs 400/. was filling up diesel at mahe when the attendant gave me a new info. she had filled about 40 litres of diesel when the auto cut off of the pump got activated. she then pressed a small button just inside the tube of the fuel tank opening when the fuel in the tube went down, she did this several times and got another 9litres of diesel into the tank[surprise]. gurus please explain this phenomenon. was it fuel getting in via the overflow tube. is it advisable to do this little trick.
i followed the tips suggested by naryanrmenon while driving home ( keeping the rpm needle about1400 ) on the highway and voila the mileage has come up to 20.6kmpl. only problem was that the autorikshaws were overtaking me with their drivers giving me bemused looks[lol]

Air-out Button: Once the fuel is filled till the rim, if we press this button, air inside the tank will be let out. Then, we can fill more fuel.

But in a regular filling, I prefer to fill only about 80% tank capacity, so that there is some space left inside, for the fuel the expand.

Thread Starter #89
when the air pressure was checked prior to the wheel alignment it turned out to be 40psi in all 4 tyres. i had checked the tyre pressure 2 days before at the local tyre walla. his gauge must be wrong. friends could you suggest any brand of tyre pressure gauge that i can buy so that i can check the air pressure myself, and also the price.

Congratulations man. Its an awesome car to drive. The surge of torque after 2K rpm is phenomenal. Plus the chassis provide such a stable ride even at higher speeds. Its 1.6 engine though little bit noisy, is one of the smoothest diesel engines I have seen. It revs freely right upto the redline which is a difficult task for most other diesels.

Top Bottom