The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #166
completed 26500 kms on the odo. the tyres are almost worn out. will get only about 3oookms more only. has any vento owners replaced their tyres.although i had done wheel alignment every 5000kms the tyres are mainly worn out on both the sides. the central part has some more tread remaining. planning to upsize. what brand to get. suggestions needed please.

Thread Starter #167
did the second service of my car. got her back today. 27670 kms on the odo
the break up of the bill is as follows-
periodic maintenance charge 1500
wheel alignment 400
oilfilter element337.58
drain plug 69.78
air filter 705.55
dust and polllen filter 649.46
fuel fiter 2 1116.54
engine oil 3338.51
pick up and drop 400
grand total INR 9672

Thread Starter #168
today i noticed a mat like thing hanging down from beneath the engine, it was scraping the road. took my beauty to the local garage wala ( mohanettan-he repairs any thing from motor pumps to trucks and even boats of the navy) he lifted her up and told me that it was meant to protect the engine sump. the buttons holding it had popped off and it was literaly torn off due to scraping the road. he also told me that he had noticed it 2 days ago while i passed him but had forgotten to phone me. he tied it using metal wires. hope it holds till i visit the vw service centre

Thread Starter #169
completed 30k kms today. going great guns except that the roads are starting to develop pot holes as monsoon getting stronger.

hey, last week got the delivery of my terra biege, highline tdi. there are some issues

1)diesel engine knocks too much, is it a common thing for vento ??

2) some vibrations on clutch pedal while pushing the throttle.

could existing owners put some light over these?

and also the company fitted bulbs are not effective. any replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #171
had no such issues with my baby ( no knocking, no vibrations on clutch pedal ) the lighting is sure an issue. in my long night runs i had to switch on the fog lights.not yet replaced them.

hey, last week got the delivery of my terra biege, highline tdi..there are some issues
1)diesel engine knocks too much, is it a common thing for vento..??
2) some vibrations on clutch pedal while pushing the throttle..
could existing owners put some light over these..?
Hey buddy, for you question 1, Yes for Vento TDI engines - its very common and the cabin could have been designed with little more noise isolation which VW had failed to do

Question 2 - Clutch Pedal vibrations, Yes I have felt it in two of my friend's Vento, all are of 2012 model. but mine is also of 2012 but as said by smooth rider above I am not facing any such issues in my baby too.

So you better get it tested with the Dealer as my friends are planning to do.

and also the company fitted bulbs are not effective..any replacement..?
Well for the lighting, read couple of review saying there are problems and people have changed it to better lightings
Personally, I have not taken mine to the flying highways so may be will let it drive and keep you posted.

completed 30k kms today. going great guns except that the roads are starting to develop pot holes as monsoon getting stronger.
Congrats smooth rider on your completion of 30K. Happy Motoring!

Last edited:
@pr3m: thanks buddy for the info, will definitely go to dealer regarding that vibration thing..
and diesel's knocking if heard from outside, its like a truck..so just wanted to confirm if you guys are facing the same, dhar dhar and khar khar..lots of times people have knowcked on the window asking" bhaiya ye shuru se itni awaaz karti hai"(does it sound this much from beginning) ??

dhar dhar and khar khar..lots of times people have knowcked on the window asking" bhaiya ye shuru se itni awaaz karti hai"(does it sound this much from beginning) ??
Bhai.. I don't think its too loud that your fellow mates on road point it out to you. Definitely you got to check it with your dealer. Few Ventos which I am aware of are also noisy but not to core as you mentioned above.

@pren: congrats for your vehicle...[:)]
have you done any changes in your car..?
Thanks karlover. Nope not done any changes yet but planning to do shortly.

How about you?

@pr3m: brother thinking to change the stock lamps..they are not good enough for highways..
well when you got delivery of your vehicle..what deal you got..?

i got it on 27thjune..here's my thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rney-korea-fluidic-verna-germany-vento-3.html

May be that is applicable to me as well as I have not taken my machine out in streets in the night. Lamps are what everybody is complaining about.

For the rest of your questions, I am holding back the answers for now as I would like to list it in my review, Please do visit it and leave your comments once it is up and running [;)]

Congrats once again for your Vento, going through your Thread, Will meet you there Bro. [:D]

Thread Starter #179
the second service cost me about rs 9000/. ASS just above average. wiper blade wasn't changed- out of stock. the nozzle that sprays water on to the windshield was okay when the car was taken but the left one is not working on return. you have to accept that the cost of maintaning a vw car is definitely higher but the exileration once you drive the car negates every thing. iam a happy man no compalints.

Top Bottom