The Call Has Come - My Volkswagen Vento

surprise! surprise !
last friday got a call from dealer telling me that my corporate discount has materialised and to what address the cheque is to be mailed. incidentaly i was at calicut when i got the call. i received the cheque for rs 16k personaly from them. they also apologised for the delay. meanwhile completed 11k kms. planning to have my first service next thursday as iam planning a long trip from 23/12/11.
Congrates smooth rider. "VW ke ghar der hai par andher nahi."[thumbsup]( VW people are slow but finally they deliver.) I think your posting feedback on VW Facebook page worked. Now a days they are taking care of negative feedback a little faster.

surprise! surprise !
last friday got a call from dealer telling me that my corporate discount has materialised and to what address the cheque is to be mailed. incidentaly i was at calicut when i got the call. i received the cheque for rs 16k personaly from them. they also apologised for the delay. meanwhile completed 11k kms. planning to have my first service next thursday as iam planning a long trip from 23/12/11.
Congratulations man. I am sure you are more than delighted to say the least.[:)]

Thread Starter #153
did first service yesterday at 11792 kms. paid rs 7997/. break up of the bill-
clear view 70.18
oil filter element 329.99
drain plug 67.29
dust and pollen filter 634.66
air filter 319.65
fuel filter 871.03
engine oil 4l 3338.51
service charge 1500.
completed 12k kms today.

Thread Starter #154
completed 18k kms. went for a whirlwind tour of rajasthan.took her to 140kmph. my friend took her to 160kmph.confidence inspiring handling. braking absolutely fantastic.poor head lights. the mudflaps too lo, scraped almost all the humps that i crossed.ground clearance okay. didn't scrape the body of the car except once when i ran over a metal debris on the road.ran 6000 + kms in 2 weeks. last leg was a 41 hour non stop drive from jaisamand to payangadi.about 250 of this was driven by my pal. 1784 kms. mileage ranged between 17 to 20.6 kmpl.

Wow 41 hour non stop drive is incredible , doc kudos to you and your Vento!

BTW just few days back i ripped my friend's Vento for the first time and yeah it was good at 140kmph. I mean not great but still far better than my Verna. The steering i felt was lifeless at that speed.

Thread Starter #156
did wheel alignment for rs 650/ there was a bit of tread wear on the inside.i had feared more. i ran over a hump between jaipur and bharathpur at 100kmph.
daya about the steering - i had taken her to 140 in the ahmedabad - vadodara expressway. the steering felt steady. could you elaborate on what will be it like in a higher end car regarding steering in highspeed.

Thread Starter #159
@the traveller the long drive was really exciting. 100kmph was maitained most of the time till hubli , after which we slowed down.also inside mumbai speed was 40kmph only.we did the mumbai by pass while returning at 1am. although the drive was relaxing the food was not agreeable to our southy taste buds.we are all pure non veggies.

Thread Starter #161
got caught by the radar of highway patrol just beyond mahe on my way to badagara. fined me rs 300 / for over speeding[frustration]. first in my life. the max speed allowed in the highway is 70kmph ( new knowledge to me ) i was doing 86kmph as per their radar.

Hmm. unfortunately..!! there are plenty of them in our district I suppose.

I was caught twice .

first one was 80kmph and second 73kmph.

The unfortunate thing is, they are not doing it for Road safety but for making money (for government).

be careful about those Highway patrol at night ,they are too troubling up saying high beam,seat belts,regular checkup for smuggled goods etc..

Thread Starter #163
it was a real joke. getting caught for speeding in our highways. the bus felllows are flying on the roads and these cops looks the other way. jaydev tell me where they caught you so that i can keep a look out for them next time. seems cops are getting smarter these days.

350Z

Core Team
completed 18k kms. went for a whirlwind tour of rajasthan.took her to 140kmph. my friend took her to 160kmph.confidence inspiring handling. braking absolutely fantastic.poor head lights. the mudflaps too lo, scraped almost all the humps that i crossed.ground clearance okay. didn't scrape the body of the car except once when i ran over a metal debris on the road.ran 6000 + kms in 2 weeks. last leg was a 41 hour non stop drive from jaisamand to payangadi.about 250 of this was driven by my pal. 1784 kms. mileage ranged between 17 to 20.6 kmpl.
Your trip has been a great source of motivation for other petrol heads and I’m sure it will continue inspiring the people in future.

completed 19k kms today.
That much mileage in span of less than a year says it all about your love for this car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

got caught by the radar of highway patrol just beyond mahe on my way to badagara. fined me rs 300 / for over speeding[frustration]. first in my life. the max speed allowed in the highway is 70kmph ( new knowledge to me ) i was doing 86kmph as per their radar.

Yeah even i was caught once , 2 years back i guess! The maximum allowed speed was 40kmph and i was doing 70kmph in a stretch in ECR! Who the hell is keeping 40kmph speed limit on highways??!![frustration] After that i never cross 40kmph in that stretch!

Top Bottom