The Bold New Drive

Thread Starter #1
And Finally i have a fiat punto. a grande one at that. unlike many of the car buyers i had pretty much decided it was going to be punto ever since our family decided to get a new car. that is without TDs,without reading ownership reports and with the complete knowledge that people will at scorn at you for choosing a fiat. Why? The looks.
We are a very Eco-friendly lot so we use the car very little and hence it basically came down to a reasonably fuel efficient, petrol ,good looking hatchback. jazz proved too costly so we chose punto. nobody really likes hyundai and their i20 at my place so it had to be punto. i must admit that maruti looked the safer option with their ritz and swift both doing well in the market but after 15 years of owning a maruti 800 we wanted to experience something different. A little bit of research, and we decided on getting a 1.4 emotion punto. colour: medium grey.
The dealers managed to overshoot the delivery date by 2 weeks but finally i got the car. checked the vin, august 2010, and has been smiling ever since. lovely car to ride, great suspension, killer looks[ i know i keep saying that :D] and is peppy.

IMG_3902.JPG

on the negatives, i find the fuel consumption a little on the high side but i am hoping all that changes after first service. the car certainly has some blind spots and even my 6 foot 2 inch frame finds it difficult to handle at times. but that was just for the initial days. mom refused to drive it though. says she can nothing but the sky sitting in the front seat. remarkably, i find the built quality good, and leg room great contrary to the reports i had been getting via net. yet to go on a long journey with it, so mincing my words for now. [now i have to learn to upload the pics :D]

IMG_3903.JPG

Nice to see one more Punter[:D]. Congrats.

Whats the mileage are you getting on your 1.4 engine? After completing 1K km you would see it becomes more refind.
Also do use Instantaneous FE on MID to set your driving style to get better FE.

Congrats on your purchase Nevin! I have started liking that color it looks good on so many cars too!

FE of 10kmpl is a bit low but it will increase after first service!

Thread Starter #10
thanks everyone. a little info on punto.
only a very few medium grey cars are manufactured by fiat. so don't book one if are not ready to wait for it. some dealers know it and tell to the customers before hand, some like me had to learn it the hard way. punto looks good in all the colors, so unless u really want a medium grey go for any other colour.
they've stopped manufacturing a electric blue[ if i am to believe my dealer] so if any dealer offers you one, then the car is OLD. most probably euro 3.

Thread Starter #12
@RSM , they haven't stopped medium grey but its produced in limited amounts. so the buyer will have to wait a little to get his car. the delay is nothing compared to the maruti. its goes up to one month. mine was booked on the 14th of august and delivered on 17th of September.

Another Punter on aboard. Your Punto looks cool friend. BTW any plans of upgrading its shoes?

Thread Starter #14
not now. i guess alloys costs around 15k so we thought we'll wait a little before upgrading.
i have 2 doubts
1) is it OK if i put a spoiler. will it reduce the mileage?
2)currently the rear tires are 14 inch. is it ok if i upgrade to 15? i heard the e+ comes with 15[at least it used to]. will this upgrade reduce the comfort?

Thread Starter #15
and by the way, 75 km/hr, 5th gear, i got an instantaneous consumption 36. that too for a long while[say 20 seconds]. whats the funda behind that?

Top Bottom