The Bold New Drive

A normal OE spoiler will not affect the mileage by any means. A GT spoiler MAY have some effects on the aerodynamics and stuff , not sure though.

Yes 15 inchers cause some suspension problems in the longer run and the ride will be a little more harsh. Better stick with 14 inchers and 195 section tyres.

Driving constantly around 80kmph in the fifth gear gives the best possible mileage for any car in highways. Very much possible , but we people atleast me never can drive constantly at 80kmph.[;)]

nevin, congratulations on your fiat punto, cool shade of your car looks very good on it.Yes FE is a bit less but would improve after its first service.enjoy your car and keep updating your ownership thread.How about some interiors pics.

hey nevin good to hear from another punter welcome to the group
ya it is fine to get a spoiler no it wont affect the milage but make your ride look sexy
yes the e pack comes with 15 inchers i dont think it will reduce comfort the e pack has 195/60 r15 tyres

Thread Starter #21
thanks guys

Punto looks smashing whatever the color, whatever the angle!
ya well said. whatever be the colour, the punto looks smashing.
got a FE of 13.2 today morning, so i am pretty satisfied. all those stories about punto being too slow are was too false. the 1.4 petrol certainly flies.
i am getting mixed reviews on the 14 or 15 inch wheels question though. Personally i thought, it wouldn't make a difference[since the e+ versions comes with it] but it seems some tend to differ on that opinion.
and what does a good spoiler cost?

Congrats for the ride buddy! Punto looks hot in any colour and from all the angles! Nice choice of the colour.[clap]

Well regarding the wheels, i dont think that there would be any problem since the top end Punto comes with 15" alloys. Better stick with the 195 section tyres.

Last edited:
not now. i guess alloys costs around 15k so we thought we'll wait a little before upgrading.
i have 2 doubts
1) is it OK if i put a spoiler. will it reduce the mileage?
Spoiler wont affect the FE. It will only enhance the looks. If you take my advice, go for a decent lip spoiler. And a big NO for GT Spoilers.

2)currently the rear tires are 14 inch. is it ok if i upgrade to 15? i heard the e+ comes with 15[at least it used to]. will this upgrade reduce the comfort?
You wont lose the comfort level since the Punto emotionpk already comes with the said tire configuration.

Hey Nevinpowers sorry buddy i forgot the Emotion pack comes with 15inchers , so you can very well upgrade to 15inches for your ride , no worries about suspension and comfort!

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #29
guys, i'm in trouble. a honda activa rammed on my punto last day. that day i had just noticed a scratch near the fog lamps but now i find the front grill ,that is the grill between the fog lamps totally missing.i don't know if i lost it that day or it came off some other time but i am really scared. i called up the dealer and he told me he'll check what can be done. i must admit i am worried.

Dont worry brother. Go to the dealer and get that thing installed. It would have been a subject of worry if your dealer wasnt having that part. But now since he has it, then why trouble yourself.

Top Bottom