The Blizzard - New Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI – Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
I think the front window curtain are not fully done may be to let the driver have a look at the ORVM or otherwise curtains would have obstruct the view.
Yeah buddy, the front portion is fine for the OVRM but the portion close to the door end can be little more covered which gives you the more privacy feel when you are leaning against the seats which are folded little backward.

Here is picture of the same which has a lesser portion not covered between door end and the curtain.

4.jpg

Source: Internet, Thanks to the Original Poster

Is that really costs 32K dude..?? looks super costly to me. [confused]
Yes, I went with genuine leather seats. Got it done at Karlsson here in Bangalore. It is 1.5mm Scandinavian leather in Sandstone Beige color.

Karlsson maintains a Facebook page with lots of pictures of their work so you can look there how they are. They are believed to be better than Stanley leather!!!

Heres a pic of how they look on my car (hope you dont mind posting it on your thread)
karlsson4.jpg

joslicx, there is a discussion on Bangalore-Chennai TAI Members Meet-Up happening, take a look at it dude. Think whether you make it up as you are from Bangalore [:D]
Well I got this invite but will have to skip this time. Planning my first long trip (to Pondicherry maybe) around the same time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33
2. Unwritten hidden features on Vento

1. Auto Lock on Speed - In Vento we have an optional feature that auto locks the door based on the car's speed (say 20kmph or so). It automatically gets unlocked on key removal from the ignition. This is an optional feature that it can only be enabled/disabled by the VW guys.

2. Honk for Remote Lock - Another optional feature to be enabled at VW service center is the Honk link for Remote Lock/Unlock so that when you lock with your remote you will hear a single honk and for unlock a double honk.

3. Memory Lock - Locking the car with doors open will remember the command and executes it when the last door is closed. (Thanks to Rightnow for listing it first)

4. Remote Window Roll up/down - As posted earlier under the Keys Section, the Vento's four windows can be rolled up or down from the remote itself by long pressing the Lock / Unlock button respectively

5. Lights-on warning Beep - If all the light switches are not turned off before pulling the key out of ignition holder there will be an audible warning beep to remind you.

Hope this is not a re-post of the same information. All the VW Fans out there can share more of their such features (if any) for the benefit of all of us.

To all the VW guys out there, seen a latest note that The Monsoon Check-up has been extended upto August 15, 2012 (Source: Volkswagen India)

1.jpg

Thread Starter #34
Karlsson here in Bangalore.It is 1.5mm Scandinavian leather in Sandstone Beige color.

They are believed to be better than Stanley leather!!!
Heard of Stanley's and its Products but your finish from Karlsson looks so rich and give a royal feel man. [thumbswink]

I guess you are one hell of a man who treats his car well [clap]

(@Mods: Don't give me any infractions if so, really can't find a better word to express my thoughts)

Heres a pic of how they look on my car (hope you dont mind posting it on your thread)
Dude, I am honored to have the picture of your Beauty Blue on my Thread. Even happy to see more as I am addicted to Ventos now a days [:D]

Having a sexy Blue parked in your garage, isn't it really high time for you to start a thread on her??

Well I got this invite but will have to skip this time. Planning my first long trip (to Pondicherry maybe) around the same time.

Well, We will miss you then. Have a nice long happy journey with your friends/family. Have a safe drive, happy Journey!

Thanks Pr3m for the kind words. Yes the seats are done quite well by Karlsson. Generally it takes about 3-4 months for leather to bed in properly so I expect them to get the real look in a few months from now. Also leather gets better as it is used more (looks get better and better).

I already have a thread on her on couple of other auto forums (I dont know if it would be permitted to mention it here!!) I was a long time member there and have put up a review there. You are welcome to check it out. my user ID remains the same.

Thanks Pr3m for the kind words. Yes the seats are done quite well by Karlsson.
Hey joslix, I liked your seat covers.

I am also looking for real leather seats on polo, but apart from stanley I couldn't find any other dealer here. You would know guys from karlsson, can you ask them if they have any dealer here who keeps karlsson? Here I mean Noida/Delhi.

Hey joslix, I liked your seat covers.

I am also looking for real leather seats on polo, but apart from stanley I couldn't find any other dealer here. You would know guys from karlsson, can you ask them if they have any dealer here who keeps karlsson? Here I mean Noida/Delhi.
Hi As far as I know Karlsson have a presence only in Bangalore.

They have a page on Facebook with lots of pics of their work. You can leave them a message there if you want.

Otherwise, for high quality leather, your only option in NCR is Stanley. But they are obscenely expensive.

I think the "memory" feature Mentioned by pr3m doesn't work with the driver side door opened, else it works everywhere.
And what are the FE your guys are getting from your beloved ventos and kms driven as well?

Visran Sir, you are not very fond of VW it seems
I have nothing against their product's they are world class no argument on their engineering prowess, but i really hate the VW India's management as they consistently charge premium for their customer's and it goes to such an extent that even dealer's throw around attitude to their customer's. sorry if i sounded offensive.

I have nothing against their product's they are world class no argument on their engineering prowess, but i really hate the VW India's management as they consistently charge premium for their customer's and it goes to such an extent that even dealer's throw around attitude to their customer's. sorry if i sounded offensive.
Yeah, even I have heard many instances of such attitude, but I wonder why I haven't come across such things with dealers/workshop people here. That is why I never generalized that VW is bad at management and After Sales. I have seen worse management in other manufacturer's cases.

About wind shield fluid, I have had good amount of top up free of cost earlier and workshop guys didn't push me for buying new one at all. Apart from getting exterior polishing done, they haven't pushed me for anything.

My point is that VW may be bad at some places in India but not everywhere. Even then VW has successfully build a perception of being expensive, non-value for money, bad After sales, unjustified premium etc. even here on TAI.

Thread Starter #44
I already have a thread on her on couple of other auto forums. You are welcome to check it out. my user ID remains the same.
Hey buddy, will check that out for sure and when you have sometime to spare do start here too so that the VW fans out here can also drool on your Blue Wittels [glasses]

apart from stanley I couldn't find any other dealer here. Here I mean Noida/Delhi.
Hi As far as I know Karlsson have a presence only in Bangalore.
Hey Rightnow, May be its a reason for you to [drive] all the way down south here to get it done along with your Polo may be..

A way to meet each of us [:D]

Thread Starter #45
Well i can only say that me too left VW vento just because the dealer and aftersales is very disappointing at my place.
i really hate the VW India's management as they consistently charge premium for their customer's and it goes to such an extent that even dealer's throw around attitude to their customer's. sorry if i sounded offensive.
Really feeling sad to hear that VW had lost some valuable customers because of their negligence on their CRM part.

Definitely this is at the dealership end, even i had a tough time with my dealer regarding the Bank loan arrangement and because of which my delivery also got delayed. [frustration]

May be as visran and dr_sachin pinning it, its also VW's responsibility to look after all such issues with their dealers as at the end of the day the spoilt of name is for VW and its loss of sale.

Hope VW India will hear this out (though it may not look at our forum)

Yeah, even I have heard many instances of such attitude, but I wonder why I haven't come across such things with dealers/workshop people here.

My point is that VW may be bad at some places in India but not everywhere.

Even then VW has successfully build a perception of being expensive, non-value for money, bad After sales, unjustified premium etc. even here on TAI.

Rightly said buddy, Its not all the places. I am sure as I happen to have inquiry with two of such VW dealers and both are from different cities.

At both the places they happen to treat me well and knowledge on the products was also equally good most of all their respect towards me was good [:D]

Most of all, Post the sale of my Vento, I got a call from Volkswagen India (a mumbai number) asking for the experience with the Vento delivery and they asked me few survey kinda questions for which the answers was on a scale of 1 to 5

and I have told them all my story on the delivery and all the other good points too. So I guess the reputation on the VW will be improved better down the line.

Top Bottom