The Blizzard - New Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI – Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
If it already comes with Leather seat's then there is no need to waste your money on covering it[;)]
Hey visran, but i am too worried about the cleanliness of the seats as we had two trips to the beach last couple of days and the wet dress on these seats.

Even i wanted to retain the royalty of the stock seats but what is gets too ugly? incase of seats covers it will be washable or at the worst case scenario it will be another set of seat covers.

Really confused [frustration] need the experts advice like (visran) you guys out there.

Very Very congratulations for the pick. Its an awesome pick, and the white color looks stunning. Even it was my priority, buy i dint had courage to maintain that so went with Terra-Beige. Enjoy your beauty.
I am planning to get 3d mats and something to protect me from sun's heat. I have heard, Skoda Rapid can be done with sun blinds, is it true?
If it is, i think our Vento can get sun blinds as well.
Dude, Trust me I jealous the Terra-Beige color Ventos. Those are super majestic colors which attracts the respect of the viewers which gives them a rich feel.

White looks stunning too as you said [:D] but it is really tiresome to maintain the whiteness of the beauty (Took 1+ hr of my Sundays for last couple of weeks)

Do post more of your experience with the 3D mats as I will also be inquiring it in the stores this week, Do post us the update buddy.

Sun Blinds are actually good and lot of stuffs are available in the market, after a decent amount of googling ended up in the below site for the Vento sun blinds,

Take a look at it Bro - P8 Window Curtains

P.S (Again) @Mods-Sorry for the repetitive posts, used multiple quotes too

Congratulations prem for your vento.All the pics are really good to see,specially the first one,white is just too good.
I have put P8 window curtains in my city and they are really working well(looks and protection).
You can see it here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ity-s-mt-first-sedan-family-9.html#post177517

BTW this is not my thread and i have pasted this link,if i am doing wrong then i am sorry to gdave and mods.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Guys, I really had a tough time in finding out AtoZ stuffs of my preferred car (in this case its Vento) though i had multiple visits to the Showroom and called up the SA multiply multiple times and though having friends who already own Ventos and most important of all these is also having Google buddy to find you anything you want,

But still there were lot of stuffs you really cant find from these sources so to help the fellow folks who is/will be in such search, atleast for vento, I would like to explain the things they would like to know at most possible to the best of my knowledge and as time permits like this 12 at midnight being [evil].

To start with I will explain on the Keys

1. Keys with Remote (2 Nos)

You will be getting 2 nos of Keys from your Dealer which will be a fold-able keys with 3 button controllers having a key ring provision at the bottom and a silver small button on the top left corner to fold/unfold the key.

There is a VW logo on the back of the keys which are super cool and give a rich look. The battery holder is at the bottom back below the lid which can be opened.

Buttons & Functionality:
Button 1 - Lock the Vehicle
Button 2 - Open the Boot
Button 3 - Unlock the Vehicle

To Lock the Vehicle - Quick press the Lock button once (Multiple times will also do the same again)
To Unlock the Vehicle - Quick press the Unlock Button Once
To Open the Boot - Long press the Button 2 (Center button with boot open symbol)

To Open the Windows - Long press the Unlock button (This will open all the four Windows)
To Close the Windows - Long press the Lock button (This will also close all the windows or closes all the left-out/opened windows)

I always love watching the Pics of as many vento before I but (Even now i do now [:D]) so here comes the Pics for you guys.

The Front:
IMG_0639.JPG

The Back:
IMG_0642.JPG

The Unfold:
IMG_0638.JPG

So will post more on such Vento features, Thanks for your support and encouragement guys [;)]

Do post your inquiry about Kagu mats if you done some. Also what is the quote price there?
From the website 3D Mat , they have quoted me Rs. 5800 [gun]

Ultimate Detailers from Bangalore have quoted me 4500+shipping

I am saving for money ever since I came to know the price!!

And also, which color do you think mats should be- black or beige?

Thread Starter #20
Congratulations prem for your vento.All the pics are really good to see,specially the first one,white is just too good.
I have put P8 window curtains in my city and they are really working well(looks and protection).
You can see it here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ity-s-mt-first-sedan-family-9.html#post177517

BTW this is not my thread and i have pasted this link,if i am doing wrong then i am sorry to gdave and mods.

Thanks dr_sachin, Those P8s are real awesome stuff and happy to hear from you that it works really well.

Honda City is always neighbors Envy [evil], If it were Diesel variants on Honda I would have surely gone for a Civic or City for sure

By the way the side windows on the front are not covered fully. is that is how the fitting used to be or is it because of some other variant being fitted in?? [confused] I can understand the front half are to view the side mirrors but there could have been a covered portion on the rear side of front windows.

Also there is no harm in linking stuffs like these, and these are as per the forum rules only.

But don't you feel its high time for you to start your own review thread of your White baby?? [:D]

There are lots of features on vento that you may discover as you go along. I read somewhere about this:

Get out of the car, open the door, then press the lock key (without shutting the door), the car won't lock, now shut the door, car gets locked.

The car registers the lock command in memory, and executes as soon as you shut the door. Useful when you have shopping bags to take out from back seat.

P.S: it doesn't happen in polo[:)]

Thread Starter #22
Get out of the car, open the door, then press the lock key (without shutting the door), the car won't lock, now shut the door, car gets locked.

P.S: it doesn't happen in polo
Dude, that is really a ultra cool feature, let me check it out first thing in the morning tomorrow (oops Today) as its already 1'0 Clock and real [sleep]

And really sad that VW doesn't gave these option on Polos, may be its available in the new Highlines of Polo

P.S: Gave you Reps for this Post dude [clap] Thanks for the Info

they have quoted me Rs. 5800

Ultimate Detailers from Bangalore have quoted me 4500+shipping

And also, which color do you think mats should be- black or beige?
Rs 4500/- - Looks decent to me and anything above that is really some high premium because heard from couple of friends here that it is available for 4.5K
so do ask from more dealers for the better price.

Also planning to go to stores in a day or two so will post you exact figures here. and all the best for your money savings, get 3D soon.

Mat Colors?? I will go for beige as my interiors are beige and don't want to spoil the richness look of the leatherette seats. Beige looks really elegant for your above linked site of 3D.

Again it is absolutely depends on your interiors, if your's are black then please go for black.

Note: We may need a little extra effort for cleaning the Beige Mats [frustration]

Hi prem,
These curtains were meant for honda city and the seller said that the portions are left in front windows so as to not hamper the visibility while turning and viewing ORVM.well basically when i drive i feel that the small portion that is left in front windows(not the ORVM side but the other side)must also be covered.
The portion which is left in back seat windows beyond the partition is because it does not go up and down so they provided a black mesh sticker for that part which i don't use.
I have not seen much of people using these types of curtains so i too don't know much about these,but overall these are doing a good job for what they are meant for.[thumbsup]

Dude, that is really a ultra cool feature, let me check it out first thing in the morning......
PR3M, there is a correction:

Get out of the car->close the driver door->open any other door than the driver's door->press the lock button->then close the door that was opened->the car gets locked with a blink

This doesn't work if driver side door is opened. In this case, driver's side door can be opened while you cannot open any other door.

I hope you got it. This is as cool as I said before. Don't take away my reputation points[;)]

Hey Pr3m
wonderful review of your car. It looks quite royal in that white. Wish VW had given smoked twin headlamps (like on the European Polo). That would have just looked awesome on a white Vento. I hope someday those would be made available here in India.

Also no need to change the leatherette cover or put any additional covers there. Leather is very easy to maintain - just wipe any smirks with a damp cloth. If there are any stains, you can use a bit of mild detergent as well and that will do it. Otherwise you can also buy pack of wipes from auto accessory shops that can be used to wipe the seats. The seats on Vento look quite good - so no need to change them. Wish VW had provided htem on the Petrol HL as well. My car still came in beige fabric seats - had to spend 32k to get them leatherised!

Drive safe and wish you a happy and long association with your car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Congrats for your Vento

Your Vento Looks Stunning.

Waiting to see your Vento on Aug.15
Thanks AppU, I really appreciate you and Sethu's effort on the Chennai and Bangalore Meetup. Started feeling the momentum of the folks out there. Hope we get more numbers for the meet up. Fingers crossed [glasses]

Get out of the car->close the driver door->open any other door than the driver's door->press the lock button->then close the door that was opened->the car gets locked with a blink

Don't take away my reputation points
Hey Dude, works like a charm as u said and got you as said above,

Your Reputation Points - You earned it so no taking back [:D]

Apart from this i figured out few more hidden secrets by myself and also through online search which I am just listing out for the VW fans.

Thread Starter #28
Hi prem,
These curtains were meant for honda city and the seller said that the portions are left in front windows so as to not hamper the visibility while turning and viewing ORVM.well basically when i drive i feel that the small portion that is left in front windows(not the ORVM side but the other side)must also be covered.
The portion which is left in back seat windows beyond the partition is because it does not go up and down so they provided a black mesh sticker for that part which i don't use.
I have not seen much of people using these types of curtains so i too don't know much about these,but overall these are doing a good job for what they are meant for.[thumbsup]

Hey dr_sachin, yeah you are right the other portion could have been covered for paying 4.8k. I also happen to see other pictures of the P8 curtain installed cars (Not Honda City though) which has these portions covered a little bit more.

But your rear windows are fully covered which is a real good factor and is the rear wind shield curtain color is white by default? i thought it will also be black as its with the other windows. You opted for White?

Also read few other's review that black mesh sticker blocks the view sometimes during the reverse of the vehicle. so glad you did not paste it but my preference to it would be ON [glasses]

As you also pointed it out, its not so common among the people to use such curtain (pretty expensive ones too) but these are worth giving a try once.

I think the front window curtain are not fully done may be to let the driver have a look at the ORVM or otherwise curtains would have obstruct the view.

Thread Starter #30
It looks quite royal in that white. Wish VW had given smoked twin headlamps (like on the European Polo). That would have just looked awesome on a white Vento.

Also no need to change the leatherette cover or put any additional covers there. Leather is very easy to maintain - just wipe any smirks with a damp cloth. If there are any stains, you can use a bit of mild detergent as well and that will do it. Otherwise you can also buy pack of wipes from auto accessory shops that can be used to wipe the seats. The seats on Vento look quite good - so no need to change them. Wish VW had provided htem on the Petrol HL as well. My car still came in beige fabric seats - had to spend 32k to get them leatherised!

Drive safe and wish you a happy and long association with your car.

Thanks a lot joslicx for your suggestion on the Leatherette covers, Looks really feasible as I have also came across a car interior cleaner during my hunt for the seat covers.

So I guess its worth staying back with the stock seats for some more time.

Is that really costs 32K dude..?? looks super costly to me. [confused]

joslicx, there is a discussion on Bangalore-Chennai TAI Members Meet-Up happening, take a look at it dude. Think whether you make it up as you are from Bangalore [:D]

Also posting my experience with the seat covers inquiry for the benefit of other Vento owners who might be interested in these.

Model : U Impress V-Mag (With Arm-rest)
Cost : Rs: 5500/- (Channai's Quoted Price)

Pics : (Source : Internet - Credits to the Owner)

U impress Seat Covers.jpg

Top Bottom