The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Finally!!! [:D]

Feels so good to trash the crappy and ever so problematic JKs. [clap]

The alignment done was done with unbelievable precision, and the slight tilt on the steering was also solved. Kindly elaborate more on your experience of driving post the alignment.

Regards,
Shashi

Thread Starter #77
I am literally feeling so light after throwing those JKs. No more fear of high speed tyre burts, no more more fear of loosing grips. Road noise has also reduced considerably. Life feels so good without JKs.
Having driven JKs for more dan 50k kms, i feel this is d worst tyre i have ever got. It has whole load of manufacturing defects which the company doesn't listen to ever.
MRF ZLOs are way better than these crappy JKs.
I will drive my car on rim, but never ever a JK tyre in my life.
Now that the past is burried, lets get back to present, car is handling like a dream now. High speed cornering has improved.
The alignment is just perfect. No more tilted steering or pulling on any side, on any type of roads. The car just goes arrow straight.
Next alignment and balancing due after 5k kms, which will be done with 4 tyre rotation.

Belated Happy Birthday Black Stallion [clap]

Black stallion turned 6 on 24th May. We took it to one of the best car washing center of our city. The attention to detail was exemplary. Post washing, it was clayed, polished and waxed. The surface which appeared after detailing was truly awesome.

20160521_165039.jpg

IMG-20160521-WA0022.jpg

20160521_172325.jpg

IMG-20160521-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20160523-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20160523-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20160523-WA0016.jpg

Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Thanks a lot shashi, for updating the thread on my behalf.
Arijitb, I normally wax the car after i take out the number plates. And on it's birthday i put ribbons too. [;)]
Hello Sumit. Are you still in Bangalore ? Maybe we should meet once. I have a 2014 Ritz Zxi which I drove down from Kolkata.

Thread Starter #86
Long list of updates this time bro-
Completed the 60k servicing along with new engine oil (MGO Castrol 5W30) and filter.
There was a very faint noise on bad roads and undulations from the suspension. The stabilizer bar bushes were changed along with the front stabilizer bar joint. All the other bushes along with lower arms and shock absorbers were inspected and found to be in good condition.
Also, i was observing some drops of gear oil on my garage floor. Upon my visual inspection i found it to be Left side axle oil seal. So i got that changed too.
Apart from all this, i also changed both the back door balancers as they had leaked, and the boot just didn't stay up.
Tyre rotation and wheel alignment was also done.
Also, the IAC valve was cleaned as i was facing a problem- Car refused to start without accelerator pedal input. (Only in cold start condition, rest all the starts were fine)
Upgrades-
Head lamp bulb changed to Philips xtreme vision plus, and i am very much satisfied with the illumination and the throw. Please see the brightness in the below pics.
Part numbers are as follows:
Mount, Front stabilizer bar- 42431M75J10
Joint Comp, Front Stabilizer bar- 42420M75J00
Oil seal, differential side- 27432M74L00.
Balancer, Back door RH- 81850M83K00
Balancer, Back door LH- 81860M83K00

Attachments

Thread Starter #87
Now comes the bad part, while we were returning from a trip to Patna, it was 9:30 pm and we were around 100 kms from home. It was a two lane road, and i was following a 2016 Ford Endeavour. (Please note here that i was not at all tailgating the Endeavour). There was a big stone lying on the road. (the ones which truckers put aside their truck when they are stranded). The endeavour took it between its wheels and passed with ease, and the stone was now bang infront of me. Options left to me- Either swerve to right, and hit a truck head on; Swerve to left and go inside bushes and trees; Brake hard and the Alto behind me would sure shot rear end me.
With all this going in my mind, and a fraction of second left to decide, i just cut the steering a bit, and thought to keep the stone between front left wheel and the Gear box.
Unfortunately, the stone was bigger than my assumptions, and all i could hear was a baaannnnggg. The car crossed over the stone, with a major underbody hit.
The alto behind me also hit the stone on it's front cross member.
The area was pitch dark and famous for loots, so i decided not to stop right now, and just pray to god that there is no leakage of gear oil.
After about a kilometer, stopped at a Dhaba, took out the torch and bent infront of the car.
The view was this-
Stone had hit the Front suspension Frame of the car, and had caused a bent on it.
The GB was hit, but it was hit by the edge of the stone, so no damages, just scratches.
Inspected whole underbody of the car, and found the only damage to be a bent suspension frame.
Ordered a cup of hot dhaba tea, to settle my mind. Meanwhile, the alto also stopped at the same dhaba, poor guy had a bent stabilizer bar, and cross member. He was a localite, so he had just 10 kms to go.
I started my journey at 10 pm with a heavy heart and being much more cautious. Also, keeping a very close eye on behavior and handling of the car. Couldn't find anything wrong with the car in those 100 kms.
Reached back home at 11 30 pm and parked the car, Next morning I was at MASS even before my SA [lol]
He inspected the car thoroughly and took all necessary measurements and concluded that everything is fine, just that the frame has shifted a bit from it's actual place.
He himself did some adjustments on the frame, inspected the underbody, steering, and suspension, did the alignment and concluded that the car is FIT.
I asked him about the deformed part of the frame, he assured me that it won't cause any problem. He also took a very extensive TD of the car and assured me everything is fine.
Got it washed there and came back home happily.
Though i didn't change the suspension frame, but just for records, part number and price-
Frame, Front suspension- 45810M63J10- Rs 5,114
I must say that Ritz is a very strong car, it took the heavy impact with such less damage. hats off.
The oil on the GB (in the pic below), is not due to damage, but i forgot to clean it, after the oil seal was changed.

Attachments

Thread Starter #89
Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Had an accident on the 14th March near Ranchi airport, when a speeding Maruti Omni jumped signal and hit our Ritz perpendicularly. The car was dragged for a considerable distance. Luckily we weren't injured as all were belted up.

The rear wheel arch was so badly damaged that it had rendered the rear wheel immovable. I used the wheel spanner to pull it out. The seam welding of the wheel arch was also torn.

We took advice from dealer workshop M/s Premsons Motor, but they gave us an estimate of Rs. 15k and 1 week of downtime. This particular workshop is regarded as one of the best bodyshops in Ranchi. However we decided to check our regular MASS as well, and we were surprised that their quote was 1/4th of the quote given by Premsons.

Special thanks to my MASS Maruti Automobiles and SA Mr. Dhiraj who got it repaired super quick and in the best way possible.

Total damage was Rs. 4,500. Jobs done were:
1. Quarter panel denting and painting
2. Rear Bumper painted completely.
3. Interior cleaning
4. Body washing

Mr. Dhiraj kept sending me regular updates. Hats off!!

IMG20170314WA0004.jpg

IMG20170314WA0003.jpg

IMG20170314WA0002.jpg

IMG20170314WA0001.jpg

IMG20170314WA0006.jpg

IMG20170314WA0005.jpg

IMG20170314WA0008.jpg

IMG20170314WA0007.jpg

IMG20170315WA0002.jpg

IMG20170315WA0004.jpg

IMG20170315WA0003.jpg

20170315_173047.jpg

20170315_173040.jpg

20170315_173035.jpg

IMG20170317WA0001.jpg

IMG20170317WA0000.jpg

20170318_154605.jpg

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

Paint matching, blending and finish was simply top notch. The rear door had scratches from previous minor damages, and we chose not to repair it for the time being as it wasn't going to be an insurance claim.

Thread Starter #90
Seems like days are not going good for me and black stallion too.
I feel very sad to state that the black stallion has met with a major accident and is badly damaged.
I was on my way to office, it was a two lane state highway. I was overtaking a scorpio from its right side. As i was about to complete my overtake, that lunatic scorpio driver turned to the right and hit my car's left quarter panel. I lost control over the car and the car started to skid on the road. I tried hard to control the car, but all efforts failed and car finally toppled into a ditch besides the road which was about 8 ft deep and had 2-3 ft water. The car finally rested on its left side and we were too scared. Me and my co passenger, both were belted up and hence we had no injury. I asked my friend whether she was fine or not. Somehow i opened the door lock and people unlocked the door from outside. I pushed the door outside and finally it opened. Somehow opened my seat belt and people pulled me out. I, with the help of some people, pulled my friend outside.
I called up some of my colleagues and they came to the spot in 10 mins. Many villagers gathered around. Thankfully my job profile is such that i have a regular interaction with workers and labourers who are also a resident of the same village. I called up some of them, they came on the spot and made sure that i am fine and no one tells me anything. Me and 5-6 other persons pushed the car and made it stand on 4 wheels. We tried to start it but it was not cranking. One of my colleagues called up a crane who took its own sweet time and reached the spot after 2 hours. They took out the car and we reached Hindustan automobiles, Bokaro. They also tried cranking but it didnt start. When we opened uo the spark plugs, it was found that cylinder number 4 had a high amount of oil. We tried pushing it in gear and huge amount of oil came out of the cylinder. We then checked the oil level which was low, so it was topped up. Finally the engine started with white smoke but after a loud clank noise the engine stopped. The block cracked amd oil started to leak. It was diagnosed that the engine was seized. Seeing the behavior and knowledge level of mechanics here, i decided that i will not get the car repaired here and will tow it to Ranchi, no matter what. Thanks to some local contacts got a 4X4 sumo who was ready to tow my car to Ranchi (120 kms). Brother cum friend, swiftshashi reached to my place in no time and we towed the car to the sumo and at 12 am we started for ranchi. We both were in his 5 speed and two persons in my ritz and one sumo.
We reached ranchi by 3:30 am and dropped the car at the service centre. Then i again went to service centre at 9 o clock, they asessed the car it was decided that we will go for insurance claim.
Completed all the formalities and came back.
As i write this, surveyer will visit the service centre today and the work should start by tomorrow hopefully.

Damages-
Engine block- will go for half engine
Front bumper
Front protection rod (infront of condensor)
Front cross member
Front bonnet
Front left headlight
Left fender
Left side suspension (inspection will be done today)
Left rear door and quarter panel
Rear axle bend (visible only with close inspection of wheels)
Interiors spoiled as water had entered .

Attachments

Top Bottom