The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Thread Starter #62
Replaced the rear left wheel bearing of my ritz. Too early for a wheel bearing to go bad (50k kms). We came to a conclusion that the bad JK tyre has made this thing go bad. (2 of my JK tyres developed bulge and it got deformed).
Symptoms were loud humming noise from rear end above speeds of 40 Kmph.
Since, brake drum was taken out, got the brakes cleaned too (Both sides).
Also i got the blower cleaned. It was making grrrr sound on speeds of 3 and above. There were leaves inside it.
Also, got SDT plugged in, all normal [:D]
One word of caution- DON'T LET THE MECHANICS TAKE OUT THE DASHBOARD FOR BLOWER CLEANING. BLOWER CAN BE EASILY ACCESSED IF THEY JUST REMOVE THE CLUTCH PEDAL.
BLOWER IN RITZ IS TO THE LEFT OF CLUTCH PEDAL.
They just removed the clutch pedal, opened some screws on the motor, and it was out.
Total bill- Rs 1467

Attachments

Last edited:
Like your 800 thread,I am also a follower of your black stallion.Awesome car,quite modern if compared 5 years ago.[thumbswink]No doubt that Maruti spares are way more cheap and long lasting.[lol]My suggestion-Put a polish for extra shine and glaze.[:D]BTW,do you still own the Alto?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64
Thanks shrijit303, yes maruti spares are way more cheaper than any other car in this segment.
I regularly use 3M premium liquid wax on this car. If you see on page 4 of this thread, i have uploaded some pics after waxing. [:)] I will upload some more pics.
Nope, we don't own alto anymore. Alto was exchanged for ritz in 2010. It was also indeed a robust car. It suffered a major accident in 2009, but still after repairs it performed flawlessly till the date of buying ritz. We exchanged it just for the sake of a spacious and better car. I miss her now also. [:)]

Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

One word of caution- DON'T LET THE MECHANICS TAKE OUT THE DASHBOARD FOR BLOWER CLEANING. BLOWER CAN BE EASILY ACCESSED IF THEY JUST REMOVE THE CLUTCH PEDAL.
BLOWER IN RITZ IS TO THE LEFT OF CLUTCH PEDAL.
They just removed the clutch pedal, opened some screws on the motor, and it was out.
Total bill- Rs 1467
Hai did you take some more pic of blower removal has my AC is giving humming noise and tried to remove but can't point out the screws location.

Can you post them????

Thread Starter #66
I am out of town, so i will be able to post the pics only by 23rd.
Meanwhile, bend into the driver's side footwell, wid a torch. Now see to the left od the clutch pedal, You will see wires with a coupler going into the blower. That's the power connection of the blower motor. Unplug that connector, Take out the clutch pedal assy, and you can access all the screws of the blower motor. Just undo them and pull the blower assy out. Clean it and re fit it.
You may need to undo the steering column and rake joint so as to get some more space to access the blower effectively.
Just two bolts on the steering column joint.

I am out of town, so i will be able to post the pics only by 23rd.
Meanwhile, bend into the driver's side footwell, wid a torch. Now see to the left od the clutch pedal, You will see wires with a coupler going into the blower. That's the power connection of the blower motor. Unplug that connector, Take out the clutch pedal assy, and you can access all the screws of the blower motor. Just undo them and pull the blower assy out. Clean it and re fit it.
You may need to undo the steering column and rake joint so as to get some more space to access the blower effectively.
Just two bolts on the steering column joint.
Just had a fear how to dismantle the clutch assembly as it may not be complex one.

steering column is ok i can remove it but ru sure that clutch assembly removal is easy one as i can see it has many bolts connected to that assembly and don't have detailed view of removal process (DIY).

Swift blower is very easy removal than ritz as its outer side....

Thread Starter #68
The clutch pedal is fixed on a metal bracket, The mech just disconnected the cable from the pedal, and removed the pedal. It can be done easily.
AFAIK Swift's blower is on left side, behind the glove box which can be accessed after removing the glove box.
Ritz has on right, that too near to clutch pedal.

The clutch pedal is fixed on a metal bracket, The mech just disconnected the cable from the pedal, and removed the pedal. It can be done easily.
AFAIK Swift's blower is on left side, behind the glove box which can be accessed after removing the glove box.
Swift has its blower just above the passenger footwell...no need to remove the glovebox either

ok sumit by this week end will give a try and let you know if i face any difficulty in it!!!!!!

Thread Starter #71
kannan.cnkr, Please find attached the pics-
First two pics are of blower assy, to the left of the clutch pedal. Last pic is of the bolt of the clutch pedal assy which needs to be removed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72

Update- Black Stallion is happily munching miles without any issue. It recently breached the 52k kms mark on the odo, and its time for service again, which will be promptly done in the next few days.

I had a minor complaint of steering remaining tilted a bit, and it was solved today by my SA, Mr. Dhiraj.

My Dhiraj carefully working with the airbag module, while other mechanics watch him working in awe.
IMG-20160503-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20160503-WA0021.jpg
The airbag module-driver side

IMG-20160503-WA0018.jpg

Also had a puncture today in the left rear tyre. These will be replaced in the next week with MRF ZLOs . Good Riddance to the useless JKs
IMG-20160503-WA0017.jpg

The weather was awesome, hence couldn't resist shooting a few pics. Enjoy!!

20160503_164601.jpg

20160503_164711.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Last Two Pictures (Last One) massive - Great shot - Cars looks like showroom condition.

As you mentioned the Puncture - (I'm newbie here and this my 1st time) - What is the recommended procedure for repair ? Do you recommend to repair by probing the sealant and insert OR complete Tyre removal from the Rim and fix a patch at inner wall of the Tyre ?

Which one ?

Mine got a small nail and it loose Air through it - Front Left Side one.

Thread Starter #75

Update- Black Stallion gets new tyres [clap]

Now all 4 tyres are MRF ZLOs in stock size-185/70R14

Work done today-

• New ZLOs installed by keeping in mind the low spots and high spot of rims
  • Balancing using sticker type weights
  • Inflated tyres with Nitrogen
  • Wheel Alignment

IMG-20160504-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20160504-WA0024.jpg

Sticker type weights, best for alloy wheels