The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Thread Starter #46
Hi guys, 43k completed an the car is running great. On a recent trip i got an impressive mileage of 19.66. 150.8 Kms in 7.66 ltrs (Tank full to tank full method followed).

Attachments

Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

Hi guys, 43k completed an the car is running great. On a recent trip i got an impressive mileage of 19.66. 150.8 Kms in 7.66 ltrs (Tank full to tank full method followed).
Congrats Sumit, Car looks awesomely maintained. [clap]
The mileage is superb, was AC used?? How are the JKs holding up??

Regards,
Shashi

Thread Starter #48
Thanks Shashi. Nopes, 19.66 was without AC. Climate was also cold and early morning drive, So no AC.
However while coming back, we used AC for the whole trip, and got a mileage of 17.smthn. Still good. :)
Regarding the JK tyres, i dont find them any good. Road noise is high inside the cabin, However grip is very good.
One of my tyres, which was on left rear wheel, got damaged. I think it was manufacturing defect. We showed the tyre to the showroom guys (Premsons) and they promptly sent the tyre to JK Tyres also. But then all we got as a reply was- "This is not due to any manufacturing defect, This is due to poor maintanence".
I wanted to ask- Why not other 3?[lol]
That tyre had developed bulges on the tread side of the tyre and they claimed that the steel belts inside the tyre has broken resulting in this.
However i got a 185/70 MRF ZLO and it is now doing it s duty as stepny. and all 4 driving tyres are JK tyres.
They have good tread left still after 43k kms.
Overall, i am not satisfied with this tyre, and will be looking for other good options soon.

Regarding the car, Yes i am extremely satisfied with this car. [clap]

wow
great ownership thread
i too own m800 and now looking for upgrade
im considering ritz zxi or swift vxi (these 2 in my budget)
any changes from your model to present selling model?
and i read somewhere that production of suzuki splash(ritz in india) stopped in other countries
will maruti stop the production ??
bdw good photos [clap]

Re: The Black Stallion – My Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi

wow
great ownership thread
i too own m800 and now looking for upgrade
im considering ritz zxi or swift vxi (these 2 in my budget)
any changes from your model to present selling model?
and i read somewhere that production of suzuki splash(ritz in india) stopped in other countries
will maruti stop the production ??
bdw good photos [clap]

Go for Ritz ZXI - It is a complete package and VFM with all safety feature. There is no major change in between present model & past model - only some visual changes made, one of them is added rear spoiler & some extra color scheme (interior/exterior) introduced for optional choice.

I don't think there is a problem of ownership if the production stop of this car in India as long as the spare is available from MGP....Only problem you may find about the Low Resale value.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
Hi srikanth, First of all, please please please dont sell your Maruti 800. It is one awesome car ever made.
Secondly, My ritz is 2011 model (the one launched in 2009). Ritz has been facelifted in 2013 or 2014 (Dont remember exactly).
The changes done include- Fresh new bumpers, grille, head lights, fog lamp and its houzing, bonnet, rear spoiler, New two tone color dash (Previously only availabe in grey- black combi and blue-black combi), Now also available in red-black color.
The Speedometer now houses all MID display showing Dist to empty, date, fuel economy etc.
In d ZXI model, the audio system now includes USB port too. And the car also comes with electronically adjustable ORVM's, just like the new swifts.
These are all the changes in the new model. And also ZDI model is also available now.
I would also suggest you to go for ZXI model, its fully loaded with all safety features and all accessories and 185 section tyres as compared to those skinny 165 section tyres in LXI, VXI, LDI and VDI model.
I dont think that maruti will stop production of ritz in coming few years because the sales in not that too low.
And even if maruti stops the production (Say after 3-4 yrs), Maruti will provide you each and every spares for next 10 years.
Overall, its an awesome car. I feel its better than swift (No debate, just my personal taste)
All the best for your new upgrade, and please dont sell your 800.
:)

Thread Starter #52
Hello guys, first major repair work (Mechanical) on the car had to be carried out two days back.
We were returning from Chattisgarh, and i heard some dhak dhak kind of noise from the rear. Stopped and got to see, what it is. I was expecting it to be simple mud flap issue, but when i bent down, scene was quite serious. Rear right shock absorber completely leaked and shock ansorber assy, rear axle, alloys, all drenched in that hydrolic oil. And the dust cover of dat shock absorber was making that dhak dhak noise. Now full vehicle load was on the springs and Chattisgarh roads are very^infinity bad. Went to a MASS at Ambikapur (4Kms from where i figured out this problem); They were closed on pretext of holi. So had no other options but to drive 300 Kms and reach Ranchi for repairs.
Drove down very sedately and slowly and reached ranchi in the evening. Next day went to my trusted MASS, and got the car inspected.
When they took out both the shocks, we figured out that Rear Left also had some leak and had to be changed. Gave them a green signal for the job.
Also, some days back, i saw that RPM was not stable, when the car is in idle, and sometimes i had to press accelerator pedal to start the car. Brought this to there notice, and they zeroed upon these work- Throttle body cleaning, Injectors cleaning, IAC valve cleaning, Air filter cleaning and fuel filter replacement, Both rear shocks replacement, Spring check, Alignment.
Handed over the car to them at 11 o clock and got back at 5.
Did a test drive, No noise at all, ride seemed to be perfect, Engine started without acc pedal input, RPM was constant, bit increase in pickup, smooth sound of the engine.
Was very much satisfied with the work done, but shocked to see the shocks damage so soon. that too rear ones.
May be frequent bad road travel has taken its call. I am happy that my ritz is back in shape and is much better now.
Total bill was Rs 4966. One rear shock absorber costs Rs 1507.

Attachments

Thread Starter #53
Hello all, the black stallion turned 5 today. The car has completed 45k kms and is still running great. On a recent trip to Varanasi, i got a mileage of 18 kmpl (full AC) which is great for this car.

I have used this car on some very nice roads and some very bad roads too, the car still feels strong and never complains, no matter how u drive.
I have done some good triple digit speeds too, but everytime you will feel that the car is planted on the road, it gives you that confidence to drive.

The more i drive this car, the more i love it.
After coming back from varanasi, we did a thorrough detailing job on the car. Afterall what better way to spend some more time with your love.[;)]

Washed the whole car- underbody, exteriors etc. Vaccumed whole interiors, cleaned dashboard, door pads, steering wheel, gear knob, ABC pedals, engine bay.
And then me and swiftshashi did rubbing and waxing on the car and here are some pics to show the results we achieved.
All our hardwork paid off when we saw those reflection and that perfect shine.
On its birthday i just decorated it a bit and tomm morning puja will be done, as i consider my cars as a family member and they are very close to my heart. :)

Happy Birthday Black stallion [clap]

Attachments

Thread Starter #54
Some pics of the reflection on front door, roof and bonnet. [:D]

Attachments

Thread Starter #55
Hi guys, Just completed my 50k paid service. Parts changed-
Engine oil (5W 30)
Oil Filter
Gear oil (75W 90)
Coolant
Air filter
Spark plugs
Petrol Filter
Apart from these, got the alignment and tyre rotation done.
Total bill- Rs 4,800
Car is running great.

Hi sumitsinha12. Your car looks great even after 50k on the odometer. I am really impressed with the reflection (doors, bonnet and roof).

You have updated the ownership thread very well, complimented with timely set of pictures for a visual treat. Good work. Wish you many more happy and safe miles ahead in your Ritz. What about adding an MGA spoiler?

PS. Sorry for the late reply. I read the entire thread now.

Regards,
Nikunj

Thread Starter #57
Hi Niku, Thanks a lot.
Spoilers, i think the car looks cool without spoiler, the new cars do come with company fitted spoilers, but i personally don't like the rear look of this car with spoiler, so dropped the idea for spoiler as of now.
[:)]

Mr Sumitsinha,
Can you explain the location of Petrol Filter and the interval when it is to be changed(If you have the snaps,don't take unnecessary trouble).

I thought that only diesel's had Fuel filter .

Thread Starter #59
Hi vishnu, the fuel filter sits just behind the coolant tank. It is next to the petrol vapor tank.
All cars have fuel filter, be it diesel/petrol. In diesel engines, the fuel filter also acts as water sedimenter and that's the main diff between petrol filter and diesel filter.

As per the owner's manual, it is recommended to change the petrol filter at every 40,000 Kms. But i change it at 30,000 Kms since i do a lot of highway trips and get my car filled up at any random fuel bunk, so as a precaution i change them at 30,000 Kms.
If you go through my posts, i recently also changed this filter, about 7-8k Kms back.
This time everything was changed, so thought why to leave this poor thing, so just for a record changed it again. [;)]
Here are the pics.
That's the petrol filter in the red square, and that's the vapor tank next to it. Please ignore the mud, as this pic was clicked today after a 150 km drive in rains.
20150628_205724.jpg
Behind the coolant tank
20150628_205731.jpg
That's the petrol filter assy-
20150628_205855.jpg
Price and part number-
20150628_205906.jpg
Hope it's clear.

Top Bottom