The BIG Hatchback Dilemma!

talking about skoda, i would still say they are the worst when it comes to A.S.S. i dont completely believe these surveys, god knows how accurate they are.

i have read many horror stories about skodas & also seen many of my friends/acquaintances suffer because they bought a car from a brand who is obsessed with quality of only their cars, but not their A.S.S.

i can give tons of links of incidents happening in India if somebody is not convinced. the most shocking example is-

A person had given his laura for service at a skoda A.S.S & they replaced genuine parts worth Rs. 3 lakhs with fake parts, which includes crucial components like brake pads. when he found out & created a scene, the A.S.S guys roughed him up & threatened him & asked him to go to the court. the case is still pending.

Missing small objects like logos & mats after a trip to the A.S.S has become a norm for skoda owners.

AMG

Suspended
I still wonder why everyone believes these stories? [frustration]

I can write an imaginary story that how Maruti replaced my genuine parts with fake and roughed me up, and the next day it will be a rage on all automotive forums. So does that mean people should stop buying Suzuki?

Why comment when you have not experienced the thing?

It is like writing an essay about bungee jumping when you have not ever tried it.
Will it be accurate? NO.

And where is Aditya when you need him the most? [thinking]

@ Amaan If you want space to seat three people at the rear always , go ahead with the Fabia. Believe me , when i went recently to TD the laura , i checked out Fabia too keeping you in mind. The rear seating is really impressive. I am tall and i could sit real comfortable in the Fabia , which i couldn even in my Verna. I would say the best in class when it comes to space after Vista. The Skoda's reception was pretty good even for me and i was given the TD of Laura in around 10 minutes.

My suggestion wait for the new Fabia and then decide. Also if you come across any Fabia owner ask about the A.S.S to them personally , it really helps. Also try reading some user reviews of Fabia , google to find some(this is mainly to get an idea about A.S.S).

@ AMG and Others: That survey deals only upto the sales part , A.S.S IS NOT included in the survey! Obviously a german company like Skoda will provide good customer reception as their showroom will be deserted almost most of the times unlike a Maruti or a Hyundai or TATA.

An imaginary story can be easily found out. Believe me i have read bad reviews about Skoda's A.S.S in good reputed forums , i cant name them here! I trust and believe them!

I still wonder why everyone believes these stories? [frustration]

I can write an imaginary story that how Maruti replaced my genuine parts with fake and roughed me up, and the next day it will be a rage on all automotive forums. So does that mean people should stop buying Suzuki?

Why comment when you have not experienced the thing?

It is like writing an essay about bungee jumping when you have not ever tried it.
Will it be accurate? NO.

And where is Aditya when you need him the most? [thinking]
its already been answered in my post, see the bold lines-

talking about skoda, i would still say they are the worst when it comes to A.S.S. i dont completely believe these surveys, god knows how accurate they are.

i have read many horror stories about skodas & also seen many of my friends/acquaintances suffer because they bought a car from a brand who is obsessed with quality of only their cars, but not their A.S.S.

i can give tons of links of incidents happening in India if somebody is not convinced. the most shocking example is-
also, i believe there is no smoke without fire. what would anyone achieve by defaming skoda? and if at all, why ONLY skoda?

agreed that i may find bad reviews about each & every manufacturer, but if you read 50 bad reviews about skoda & 15 bad reviews about any other, then but obviously i would avoid a skoda.

of course, personal experiences do vary. i have always been anti-tata for the past few years & have had better experiences with mahindra. my cousin thinks vice versa. so we wont discuss personal experiences here. lets go with the general view.

Disclaimer: i love all skoda cars- right from the fabia to the RS to the superb. but i am not ready to take my chances with the A.S.S especially after buying a premium car.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
I (and we all) know the forum you are talking about.

But buddy, believe me, its not a forum that is reputed, it is the members.
And those members who wrote the reviews were not at all reputed.
Have you noticed, they all vanished after the saga died down?
This further reaffirms my belief that they were Honda people who were there just to defame Skoda.

Now before you ask, why Honda?
Here is an answer, it is honda only that has a car in every segment that skoda has.
superb - accord.
laura - civic
octavia - city
Fabia - jazz

And ours is a reputed forum, isnt it?
Suppose someone just makes a fake imaginary story and posts it here.
I hope you get what I am saying.

Well buddy lets not go further OT. But that survey has not mentioned anything about A.S.S. If Skoda got the third place its because of the good customer reception and satisfaction only till sales part not servicing!

Lets not discuss about this further here , we shall have a new thread for that!

AMG

Suspended
Only Aditya can solve this mystery.

And if 10 people have a problem with Skoda, 20,000 dont.

Beat that.

And do check out my signature.

Thread Starter #143
This is really surprising! I drove the Figo few months back and found the brakes much more efficient than many of its rivals.

I don’t mean to offend you but the things which are being said about Skoda are not just stories but unfortunate experiences of the owners with the Czech brand. I know a few people who have owned a Skoda and have taken an oath not to buy one again only because of the pathetic A.S.S. Only good reception at the showroom can’t assure good A.S.S.

The newer model will have a EuroIV engine, so no issues of registration. About the prices, Skoda recently said that the new Fabia will be priced competitively; I just hope your wish turns true!
1.The brakes were lacking in feel, at least that's what my brother told me. He said that he actually couldn't judge how much braking was needed to stop from a particular speed, unlike in the WagonR (the non-ABS version) which responds to braking inputs quite well. I believe it was because the Figo we drove had ABS and the system hadn't bedded in properly.
2.As regards to your second statement, I spoke to 3-4 people who bought a Fabia from that particular dealer, and were extremely happy with the level of attention being paid to their cars. In fact, one of the people I met was having his Skoda Laura 1.8 delivered and he already has a Fabia! Goes to show just how much people actually believe in the brand, which has strengthened my faith in Skoda.
3.I know it will have the same engine as the Polo, only trouble is the dealer says that the facelifted Fabia will come only next year in February/March, will NOT have a price reduction, and if in case it does, it will be a very slight change and some of the features currently offered may be omitted, which I believe is a risk not worth taking.

Indeed, overall quality of Maruti’s isn’t equally solid as rivals, but that’s what helps them keeping the costs in check and get better fuel efficiency in competition. No wonder why India still comes home in a Maruti Suzuki. The rumors point that new Fabia will have a revised pricing, and if you are so much inclined to go with it, it’s better to wait.

Just curious, In case you opt to go with current Fabia now, where it’ll be registered since registration of BS-3 models in Mumbai is not allowed any more?

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have figured out that in chaotic Mumbai conditions, all cars provide more or less the same fuel-consumption figures. A friend of mine gets 13kmpl in his diesel Swift, and the petrol Fabia owner I spoke to the other day quoted 11kmpl in the city with 100% AC usage, which I believe is too negligible a difference to say that the Swift is a better buy than the Fabia. As far as the new model is concerned, the dealer says it's not coming very soon as they first have to successfully launch the Yeti and only then will they look forward to refreshing their existing line-up. We can't wait for too long and if the new car has some features omitted to reduce the price, then I don't think it's worth it. Better to buy a Fabia right now.

The car being BS3 will be registered in Thane, which is outside Mumbai limits.

Regarding, Figo's braking, you need some empty roads to test ABS-EBD equipped cars (if you have not driven one before).

Actually these brakes take small amount of time to react (check this thread - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/tec-talk/460-how-anti-blockier-system-works.html).

It happend with me as well first time. But be sure it will do exact what good breaks should do.
Hey RSM, we drove the car on an empty road only. Even there, my brother was not sure how much of brake input to dial in to bring the car to a smooth halt, and more importantly tackle speed-breakers, which resulted in the car badly scraping its underbelly twice. In comparison, the Wagon R was very responsive to brake inputs and went over speed-bumps very easily. I think the difference was more perceptible as the Figo we drove had ABS, while the Wagon R didn't. I think this problem should not exist in the lower variants of the Figo, which make do without ABS-EBD.

Last edited:
amaan, there will always a difference how you feel in ca without ABS and with ABS. Try same wagonR in wet road (if its possible) or try to steer with hard braking. You can see the affect of ABS. Normal slow driving condition, there will be hardly any difference to feel.
You can do one more thing, try any other car with ABS. Or if WagonR comes with ABS, try that.
Buddy ABS is very useful feature, when you will need it.

AMG

Suspended
Well, go for Fabia if you can convince your brother, and soon(hopefully) your signature will be like mine. You cant go wrong with it.

If you cant convince your brother, Figo is the way to go.

Fabia won a Autocar India comparo b/w it and i20.

So, you know, it is better than i20.

Top Bottom