The BIG Hatchback Dilemma!

Thread Starter #33
Wishing you that you don have any problems with your Polo's finance and waiting period!

BTW White or red?[:D]
I hope so too Dhaya! White or Red is a really tough choice, but we have decided we will pick the colour which is available earlier. Though I love red, I love the white too. So we won't mind getting either of the two. [:)]

Amaan, have you or your dad test driven the three?

Drive Safe,
350Z
No 350Z, we have just checked out the cars in person. The Figo and Polo were not available for a TD at the time when we visited, and the Wagon R is more or less the same to drive like the earlier version.

And BTW, if you remember, I can't [drive]. That would be illegal.

Thread Starter #35
Folks, the tables have turned and we are now almost certain on the Figo. It does everything we need very well, all at a cost lesser than the Polo. We will also get the Figo earlier than the Polo, for which it will take 4 months more (September-October). In such a scenario, the Figo seems the more sensible choice. And I noticed yesterday that the Figo does not look bad at all! In fact in white it looks absolutely supreme. I just have some questions for you folks.

1.I have heard that when fully loaded, the Figo's ground clearance is quite poor (it scrapes its underbelly over rough patches) Is it true? Because where I live, we'll have to deal with a lot of rough patches. So this problem should not exist.

2.The problem with the bumpers. Figo owners say that the Figo doesn't have a real bumper and that in case of an accident, the radiator can be damaged badly leading to some expensive repairs. (Another reason for worry [frustration])

I need your help on these matters as all the people in my family are newbie drivers and some small accidents are bound to happen. I don't want dad to burn a hole in his pocket.

HELP!!!!!!! (Figo owners I am desperately awaiting help from your side [confused])

Last edited:
Oh too bad that you have to drop your ideas for Polo but anyways Figo too is a good car and yeah even i love it i white color! But heard that Petrol engine is not peppy enough and quite sluggish! About the GC our member Anuprav mentioned that he once got his underbody scraped but luckily no damage occurred , maybe it can be a cause of worry for you too! You are just going to buy your new car , why do you think about accidents even before driving your car![;)] But Anyways Ford is a big player in India and anything cheap like that is least expected from them!

All new cars have Ground Clearance issue, so is with Figo. After little drive you will adjust, and will know how to pass pathholes.

I need your help on these matters as all the people in my family are newbie drivers and some small accidents are bound to happen. I don't want dad to burn a hole in his pocket.
[confused])
Even experience drivers in Indian cities can't be safe. Small accidents/scratches etc is aprt of life. Felt bad when it happend with me, but now used to it.
And don't worry, insurance is there to save from making hole in pocket.

1.I have heard that when fully loaded, the Figo's ground clearance is quite poor (it scrapes its underbelly over rough patches) Is it true? Because where I live, we'll have to deal with a lot of rough patches. So this problem should not exist.

2.The problem with the bumpers. Figo owners say that the Figo doesn't have a real bumper and that in case of an accident, the radiator can be damaged badly leading to some expensive repairs. (Another reason for worry [frustration])

Well, frankly speaking when fully loaded, the ground clearance will be reduced for any of these hatches we have. There is nothing wrong in this, as path holes and bumps are not part of the expected 'road'. The required ground clearance will be there for sure. So I don't think this is a serious matter for concern.

Regarding bumpers, I don't know which car has the real bumper. Probably its Amby only. As far as I know, all these cars are designed to collapse the front on an impact; thus protecting the passenger shell. That is the security standards for small hatch.

Am I missing some thing here? Any other inputs guys?

i am surpriced seeing no one has mentioned PUNTO as another option.At your budjet you can get Punto 1.2 Dynamic. Great looks, great looks and great looks. [:D]. Also comparing other options you will get more features. Currently you will get
As per fiat site current offer is
Total Benefits up to Rs. 40,000* including

• Exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000
• 1st year insurance – Benefit up to Rs. 22,000
• 26 months extended warranty - Benefit up to Rs. 5,000
• 24X7 Fiat Roadside Assistance – Benefit up to Rs. 3,000

I per my calculation (12000/- insurance + 5000+ 3000 + corporate bonus 8000 = 28,000/- )

Thread Starter #41
The Punto is well out of the reckoning for us Sunil, as it is too expensive and frankly we don't really like it (I also don't really trust Tata-Fiat's service).

We'll be having a TD of the Figo soon, so expect some detailed inputs from my side as well. As far as the petrol engine is concerned, yes, for enthusiasts it may be slow and sluggish, but for newbies, I think 70 HP is more than sufficient. What say?

70Bhp is a decent figure. The new wagonr pumps out 68Bhp and still feels peppy in city traffic then why underestimate Figo.

Thread Starter #43
UPDATE FOLKS! We have now finalized our decision and set our sights firmly on two cars only - The MS Wagon R VXI or the Ford Figo EXI (petrol & our first choice). Today we will be going to the Ford showroom to put in our papers, and if the deal he offers is perfect, then maybe we'll put down our money for the Figo today itself! [:)]

Top Bottom