The BIG Hatchback Dilemma!

IMO VW Polo is the car for you. It qualifies all the requirements mentioned by you. It has good comfort, solid build etc. My only suggestion to you is to remain away from Vista since it still has lots of rattling issues. Ask me, dad still has a vista tdi which is barely 7 months old, but has started complaining for one or the other issues every month and the service guys as usual are unable to sort every issue at a time.

Thread Starter #17
Welcome Amaan. I never said Wagon R has a bad engine. I said it wasn't impressive since i have driven almost any cars that came in this segment for last 3 years.

And FIRE is a good engine, but the ASS of TATA will make you regret for it. so please stay away with these clueless guys. Go for QuadraJet if you want Vista.

Yes. Polo has a great waiting period. But when people are waiting for a Indian Brand "Maruti" why not wait for a German brand "VW" ?

Your wait will be deifnitely worth, dont be in a hurry. stay cool & think. And Red color on Polo is the s-e-xiest of 'em all.

Congratz for your buy.
Tata SP's are already showing the amount of interest they have in selling their car to me (0%) I have not received a single call from them after I enquired about the car and this is the biggest deterrent. As far as waiting goes, the Polo has the longest waiting period of them all, which dad doesn't like. But I would wait! [:D]

just remembered this after seeing Zinam, how about i10 kappa? it is a fast car and it wont look to bad when u start driving it!
Nope, the i10 is not in contention. Space is not as good as the other cars, and frankly, we don't want to be confused any further!

IMO VW Polo is the car for you. It qualifies all the requirements mentioned by you. It has good comfort, solid build etc. My only suggestion to you is to remain away from Vista since it still has lots of rattling issues. Ask me, dad still has a vista tdi which is barely 7 months old, but has started complaining for one or the other issues every month and the service guys as usual are unable to sort every issue at a time.
Thanks for the advice Akash. Yeah rattles will be a part of a Tata product and we'll have to live with that. But then even Maruti products are renowned for their world-class rattle! LOL! Your dad has a diesel Vista (that too the TDi which is frankly outdated) so rattling is to be expected. Don't know if the petrol Vista is ridden with this too. Did your Vista have any other serious problems? Do let me know.

Tata SP's are already showing the amount of interest they have in selling their car to me (0%) I have not received a single call from them after I enquired about the car and this is the biggest deterrent. As far as waiting goes, the Polo has the longest waiting period of them all, which dad doesn't like. But I would wait! [:D]

Nope, the i10 is not in contention. Space is not as good as the other cars, and frankly, we don't want to be confused any further!

Thanks for the advice Akash. Yeah rattles will be a part of a Tata product and we'll have to live with that. But then even Maruti products are renowned for their world-class rattle! LOL! Your dad has a diesel Vista (that too the TDi which is frankly outdated) so rattling is to be expected. Don't know if the petrol Vista is ridden with this too. Did your Vista have any other serious problems? Do let me know.
We dont own a Vista it is used in company as cab. And rattling issue has nothing to do with engine option. And yes, maruti too has rattling issues, but they are very well resolved by them unlike tata. Anyways it was just an advice out of my past experiences.

just remembered this after seeing Zinam, how about i10 kappa? it is a fast car and it wont look to bad when u start driving it!
Archit,
i10 is the fastest of the lot, but its not that spacious at the rear. And the rear comfort is on the bumpier side because of the leaf springs [frustration]

Okay.. Its good to hear that you are ready to wait. Convince your dad !

Hmmm i would say Estilo is by looks the ugly of his list then! Its always better to narrow down choices and not keep growing it. Though we have to accept most of the cars are good and its our job to select the car best suited to our needs.

Hmmm i would say Estilo is by looks the ugly of his list then! Its always better to narrow down choices and not keep growing it. Though we have to accept most of the cars are good and its our job to select the car best suited to our needs.
I would have said naah to previous Zen Estilo(2008-09) , As even i didn't like the design.
But the refreshed Zen Estilo(2010) looks similar to Ritz in front.
Which is a nice car in that segment with lots of space in.
That too with K series 1.2 liter engine is superb.

Pics Source: Google

Attachments

Thread Starter #24
We dont own a Vista it is used in company as cab. And rattling issue has nothing to do with engine option. And yes, maruti too has rattling issues, but they are very well resolved by them unlike tata. Anyways it was just an advice out of my past experiences.
As far as I know, diesel-engined cars develop rattles earlier in their life cycle.

Archit,
i10 is the fastest of the lot, but its not that spacious at the rear. And the rear comfort is on the bumpier side because of the leaf springs [frustration]

Okay.. Its good to hear that you are ready to wait. Convince your dad !
I am ready to wait, after all the SP assured me that deliveries will speed up and I will most probably get the car by August. It's just that I'll really have to find a good reason to make dad wait.

Hey amaan how about Zen Estilo.
Even it is having a K-Series engine.
Why don't you have a test drive of all these?
Thanks, but no, thanks Mukesh. We have test-driven the Estilo earlier and though the engine is good, the car lacks in all other areas. Build quality and interior fit and finish is very poor. The car is not very spacious either and the seats are flatter than a plain! That car is not a very goo one, and is hence, out of contention.

Another problem has cropped up guys. I just happened to see a Polo Highline last night, that too in white. And know my heart swung the other way! I feel buying a white Polo is much better. It looked so much more graceful and elegant, while maintaining its purity. What do you guys think?

350Z

Core Team
I’m late to participate in this thread. Anyways, As for now, the following cars strike in my mind which are much suitable options for you.

• Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R / Maruti Suzuki Ritz
  • Volkswagen Polo
  • Ford Figo
Maruti is a traditional brand in India, especially when it comes to new car buyers and it’ll be pointless to tell anything in detail about it. The choice between Ritz and Wagon-R depends more on a personal taste but price of top-end variants for both the models is almost near to your budget. However, My personal pick would be the Polo because it’s a no nonsense long lasting hatchback. And Yes, Those ads of “German Engineering” are quite apt. The only concern which is pulling me back to recommend it with full assurance is due to Volkswagen after sales network and spare part prices. Else, If not Polo or Maruti Tall Boys, Ford Figo is a good alternative as well.

• Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R VXi – Rs.4,32,574
  • Maruti Suzuki Ritz ZXi – Rs.5,13,867
  • Volkswagen Polo Comfort-line – Rs.5,06,510
(Ex. Showroom Mumbai)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Zinam said:
Archit,
i10 is the fastest of the lot, but its not that spacious at the rear. And the rear comfort is on the bumpier side because of the leaf springs
dude i10 or any other hatch does not have leaf springs. even kids know that only commercial type vehicles have leaf springs!![frustration]

Thread Starter #30
We have arrived at a conclusion here folks. The Indica Vista is pretty much out of contention as we're unsure about Tata's aftersales service and mom doesn't like that car too much either. So now it boils down to these three contenders- The Polo, Figo and the Wagon R. The Polo will be struck off the list if there are problems with finance or the waiting period is too high. And then it will be down to the Figo and the Wagon R. Though I do hope we don't have any problems for the Polo's finance.

Top Bottom