The BIG Hatchback Dilemma!

@ Amaam: I would recommend you the Extended Warranty at the time of purchase as it cost's lesser.
If you intend to buy the same after it will cost you more.

Last edited:
If it would have been a Diesel, I would have strongly recommended Figo.
But since your requirement is Petrol, and Fabia is not topping the list, my suggestion would be to have Wagon-R, simply because K-Series engines are excellent, compared to Figo's 3-pot engine (or even Fabia's engine).
Wagon-R, because of its structure, also feel spacious, but Figo is definetly more spacious. In my view, Figo petrol is not a sensible choice.

Regarding, extended warranty, though you can get it afterwards, but its always advisable to take at start, specially for cost factor.

More confusion/choices are good for customers. Do bargain, go to different showrooms and take the best deal.

AMG

Suspended
Deep Sympathy.

Thats all I feel for you.

Having sat in a Fabia, life will never be the same for you, no matter what hatchback you buy in the country(i20 and polo included)

Even i would recommend you to go for Extended warranty afterwards. As for other freebies, i think you can ask for tints, floor mats, perfume and Lord idol from ford dealer as i dont think he will offer much since Figo is selling like hot cakes.

The Swift can be ruled out when it comes to build quality and good ride comfort. I own one and it sucks on both counts.

If FE is not a concern, I would suggest the Figo.

Why the fixation for a petrol? Why not get a Figo diesel? A turbo diesel will anyday give you the punch a petrol will lack. And these days none of the 1.2L petrol mills are what you call "fun to drive".

Polo will be a costly affair to maintain. And Fabia is out dated now and add to that the horrendous ASS from Skoda and the ridiculously expensive spares. If I were you, I would pick the Figo blind folded.

Its built well, handles very well, has a similar 3-pot engine as the Polo/Fabia. More importantly, its a lot cheaper to maintain than the other two European counterparts.

Hey mclaren1885, didn't know you were here too!
And another thing Amaan, if you don't have a very soft corner towards the i10's looks (which I don't mind), why not wait for the new i10, i.e-till Nov.? (Unless you are in a hurry, similar to my situation) I hear the front nose - styling will be influenced by ix35's.

Anyway, among the WagonR and Figo as everyday cars, I'd choose the WagonR unconditionally.

350Z

Core Team
@ Amaam: I would recommend you the Extended Warranty at the time of purchase as it cost's lesser.
If you intend to buy the same after it will cost you more.
Regarding, extended warranty, though you can get it afterwards, but its always advisable to take at start, specially for cost factor.

More confusion/choices are good for customers. Do bargain, go to different showrooms and take the best deal.
You’re thinking from only one perspective. The cost difference is marginal, however there’s not much harm in getting it during the time of delivery but it’s always sensible to opt extended warranty later for certain reasons.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You’re thinking from only one perspective. The cost difference is marginal, however there’s not much harm in getting it during the time of delivery but it’s always sensible to opt extended warranty later for certain reasons.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hey Vibhor though the cost might be a reason for choosing it early, You can save a bundle of amount.
That too even if one plan it for later stages, The Extended warranty will begin after the original one expires.
Which saves your pocket.

350Z, I would like to know "Other reasons".
Why i am saying is, as i know, the extended warranty will be counted from the day of purchase of the vehicle. And if at the time of purchase, you can get is cheaper, why not.

@arkin
mclaren is everywhere.[:D]

@amaan
dude chillax. don't get too sad. if not the fabia, then some other car. cheers that you will get a new car. be it be fabia or figo. anyways. i too fell that your bro's first point is very much valid.
and regarding the extended warranty, never ever refrain from going for it. you never know when it comes handy.

350Z

Core Team
If buyer can add extra cash to Lakhs they’re spending already, get it, no harm. Although, from a different perspective – It does makes some sense to spend for something later which is not at all required at the moment and there's always an option to invest the sum meanwhile. Sounds crazy? But sure not practically. After all, The bottom line is not to get trapped in the web by dealer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Like invest the amount, get the returns and use the money after say 2 years on the ext. warranty? I'm not convinced, and it might be cuz :stupid:

350Z's logic is also good. For those who are on a tight budget they can always opt for it after 2 years. If budget is not a problem then can choose it straightaway during purchase.

Top Bottom