The BIG Hatchback Dilemma!

As Dhaya has already suggested you, try to get all basic accessories(Atleast mudflaps, perfume, car cover, idol and floor mats) from dealer as freebies. Just stick to your demands and you will get them easily.
Also, are there any free acessory like mp3 player with the car. If it is there, then try converting it into cash discount and get ICEing done outside.

Ford SP has tried his best too, but has quoted more than 80k as down payment.

Do you think that approaching a nationalized bank will help? (e.g-SBI). Because I heard that they provide upto 90% of the car's on-road price, bringing the DP down to rock-bottom levels.

Any suggestions on loan negotiations folks? And also, I'd like all of you to tell me what are the other extra expenses we will have to incur after the purchase of the car? (For example boot mats, sunfilms and what else?) And also, how much cash should we leave aside for accessories?
Just call Ford customer care ans ask the exact booking amount for Figo. I am 100% positive that it will never be 80K. When we booked Figo, they just took 15K as advance!!

A loan from nationalized bank is always sensible for following reasons:

1. Interest rate will be less. Note that 5 % flat fixed rate is equivalent to 11% diminishing rate.
  2. You can close the loan any time at 'as on date' value. With a private bank like HDFC, even if you are closing the loan earlier, you may have to pay the complete install ment for the duration you have taken.
  3. There is no hidden cost unlike the private banks.
However, nationalised banks will require lot of documentations. But I think, the pain you take is worth considering the savings you will make on your over all expenses.

Regarding the accessories, I would suggest you to keep it at the minimum. If the model doesn't have an audio system, then go for it. Recommend you to wait for sun filims and other stuffs. Just try to see whether they are really required. Probably you can go for rubber mats, which will last for a long time and are also really practical during rainy seasons.

Thread Starter #63
Guys, Guys, Guys. I can't believe how quickly things change. Here we were contemplating buying the Wagon R or the Figo, and one fine morning, my dad told me to check out an advert in the newspaper. On the last page, there was an advertisement by Skoda. Okay, so that is publicizing a car that is VERY well out of our budget and has been discontinued (the petrol version) in major cities. Still, the Rs.70,000/- discount seemed too tempting to ignore. I called them up quickly, the SP at Skoda AutoBahn in Andheri was very warm and very good as well. In fact, he promised me to get the maximum funding from the bank. However, I thought it would be better to go and check the car out in person. So off I went.

Reaching the showroom, I noticed the the place wore a deserted look, except for a couple of customers checking out the Laura. I inquired about the salesman and he came to my aid quickly. And here I stepped into the Fabia, my first taste of this little super-mini. And my first impression was "WOW!" This is a truly aspirational product. A car which you really want to have rather than need to own. The quality is better than cars twice its price, and the sound of the doors closing is good enough to bring down the showroom! Space is terrific, as are the seats and the features. Details are where this car excels. Small details, painstakingly crafted interiors are absolutely delightful. All in all, I was in LOVE with this car.

Now, to the big issue. The car is fabulous, but then the price must be fabulous as well. We sat down to negotiate, pinched him a little, and he offered an irresistible discount (should I say how much? [evil]). And the end result was truly staggering. The Fabia Classic 1.2 HTP offers the lowest down-payment and in this case, seems like the maximum bang for our buck! In fact, all of us are almost sold on this car. Trouble is though, the EMI will very well cross the 10k mark an I feel that if the Skoda demands expensive servicing every now and then, then it will become a pain for us. Now, I seriously need your help. Will the Fabia be a good choice for us? And will it last in the long run? Will it burn our pockets? I noticed that the spare part prices have fallen considerably and are now on par with the competition (well almost). And with the salesman offering the SkodaShield offer for free along with the promise of a service interval every 15,000 kms or every 1 year, I feel it is now safe to go with the car. You can make out how affordable it is now when I tell you that the initial payment of this car is less than that of an Alto K10!

HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!! [confused] Aditya I am desperately awaiting help from you on this.

Attachments

AMG

Suspended
Fabia is a great buy.
Now after checking out this car, even if you go and buy any other car, you will always regret it saying,"wish I had bought the Fabia"

Fabia is a great car and the discounts being offered are making it an intelligent deal too. But before the buy, do check out with a few Skoda owners about the service of the Dealer you are getting the car from and then go for it. The service interval being 15000km, i dont think it will burn a hole im pockets.

AMG

Suspended
IMO, the service issue has been made a huge point to defame Skoda.

Just because 2 or 3 people have issues with skoda, that doesnt make it a bad brand.

IMO, the service issue has been made a huge point to defame Skoda.

Just because 2 or 3 people have issues with skoda, that doesnt make it a bad brand.
Exactly. Evenn TATA were not good at servies but they have improved with years. Same may be the case with Skoda which i s why i suggested Amaan to check out with few skoda owners about the dealership.

Amaan, congrats for new and better choice.
But please be aware that Fabia petrol has some issues that it gets stalled on road occasionally. It doesn't happen with all, but there are few reports on that. Though Skoda has replaced most of them, so just be careful (do inform sales manager that if this happens you need replacement, take it in writing, if possible).
I just cautioned you, BUT, its a faboulous car if you compare with Figo and Wagon-R. I have sat couple of times, and its just superb. Go ahead.

AMG

Suspended
I have never heard of such things.
Please post the source.

And amaan
Get in touch with Aditya.
I believe he has a Fabia and can help you better.

350Z

Core Team
Skodas are superior quality wise, and Fabia is no different which can be seen with the way you have expressed in your post. I've only sat in Fabia but agree with what you mentioned, However, beware that cost of ownership might not be too pocket friendly in comparison with Marutis or even new Ford Figo. Also, just to remind you that face lifted model is around the corner. If you are comfortable with the mentioned facts, and your family is liking the car, there's no question why not to go with it. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

But please be aware that Fabia petrol has some issues that it gets stalled on road occasionally. It doesn't happen with all, but there are few reports on that. Though Skoda has replaced most of them, so just be careful (do inform sales manager that if this happens you need replacement, take it in writing, if possible).
I just cautioned you, BUT, its a faboulous car if you compare with Figo and Wagon-R. I have sat couple of times, and its just superb. Go ahead.
I too have heard of it but since Amaan may buy it, he must know about its goods and bads.
I havent driven Fabia till date which is why i cant comment on its drive, but it will be a good idea to get in touch with people who own it.

AMG

Suspended
The facelifted model comes with changes that are merely cosmetic.

And you wont get discounts with the facelifted model.

Fabia is just an master piece out of the overcrowded premium hatches.

But do checkout the spare parts costs & service centres in your area for more details :-)

If I say its on the higher side, most will not agree, so checkout on your own.

Congratz on your buy!

Amaan, if you read it, I mentioned about an 80000 bucks discount on the Fabia. I also mentioned that we were offered the Topend Ambient, high on taste and quality for Rs 5.6 lakh!!!! (But we turned up our noses and walked out as they were BS3 [evil]

My advice. If you plan to use everyday, go for the WagonR/Figo. If it is to be used occasionally, go in for the fab.

Top Bottom