The Best Diesel Hatch to Suit My Requirements!

Are there any chances of the top end-Titanium variant getting alloy rims and rear power windows too?Also there must be beige colored dash too on the offer instead of that weird looking red one.

Thread Starter #48
Are there any chances of the top end-Titanium variant getting alloy rims and rear power windows too?Also there must be beige colored dash too on the offer instead of that weird looking red one.
Yes to Alloy wheels,
No rear power window,
Dashboard is offered in Black instead the one you are refferring.
Guess what, the coral red actually looks good, matter of getting the taste of it, sometimes we are too used to look at shades of black/beige that anything else looks ugly at first sight!!!!

Requirements:
Body type: Hatchback
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine capacity: 1.2 or more
Mileage: 15-18 or more
Seating capacity: 5 with combination of 5’-8” & 6’-0” either driving or seating behind
Boot space: at least 250 ltrs

Features:
AutoCC: Preferred
All power Windows with child lock,
Power steering ( tilt & telescopic adjustment would be added advantage)
OEM music system: Preferred with AUX/USB/BT

Budget: 5.5 to 6.5 lacs
As per ACI, on road price at Mumbai:

Figo (Titanium): 6.5
Punto 1.3 E : 6.94
Vista 1.3 Aura+ABS: 6.20
Swift (old) Vdi ABS : 6.28 (new one expected to breach 6.5L mark)

Among these Punto might have some serious scheme going for it (one is petrol vs diesel offer). At my place dealer is offering around 50k off (insurance+ corporate+accessory etc.). So we should check the price with dealer.

Swift will attract a huge waiting period and you should take this factor into account. Additionally old swift was bit cramped (boot=232L) and I am not sure how much this issue has been addressed in new iteration.

Figo has many things going for it except for rear power window and steering adjust.

Looking at your requirements, I will request you to TD new Vista. On paper it has many thing going for it. But only a TD can give you the proper picture.

Lastly, one thing for sure: no car will satisfy all your requirements to the T. Its like an marriage, you have to adjust with the shortcoming for enjoying the positives.

Yes to Alloy wheels,
No rear power window,
Dashboard is offered in Black instead the one you are refferring.
Guess what, the coral red actually looks good, matter of getting the taste of it, sometimes we are too used to look at shades of black/beige that anything else looks ugly at first sight!!!!
Absolutely correct. In fact, there is no reflection on wind screen of coral shade and it looks really good in Black and White shades.

Thread Starter #51
As per ACI, on road price at Mumbai:

Figo has many things going for it except for rear power window and steering adjust.

Looking at your requirements, I will request you to TD new Vista. On paper it has many thing going for it. But only a TD can give you the proper picture.

Lastly, one thing for sure: no car will satisfy all your requirements to the T. Its like an marriage, you have to adjust with the shortcoming for enjoying the positives.
The reason I am not thinking of Figo 1.4 TDCi is, we already have 1.2 petrol. Definitely petrol & diesel would be much different in driving, but you know what I mean by not going for Figo again.

Regarding Vista, I am sure it is a good VFM car. Let us see where we can go with this.

I agree that no car will satisfy all my requirements, lest I am looking for the one which will satisfy most of them if not all [;)]

Fiat is giving nice deals on Punto, Its offering around 30k off on their diesel variants. So, I think it will come in your budget. I think drivability is good in Punto when compared to Figo (Please correct me if I am wrong). Hope this helps in your decision..

Top Bottom