The Best Diesel Hatch to Suit My Requirements!

Thread Starter #16
Hey FJ Cruzer i think the budget which you have mentioned is the OTR price and not ex-showroom. So that should kick out the i20 CRDI , out of your budget.

New Swift is definitely worth the wait but with all those new features i think the ZDi will again be out of your budget. As other suggested i too would say go for Figo Titanium the best diesel hatchback for your budget.
Yes, the budget I mentioned is the OTR price not x-showroom.

I also think ZDi & i20 CRDI are out of budget, but do you think a VDi can fit the budget? Also how different would it be to ZDi, I mean what features would be missing?

Thread Starter #17
So there my friend is the writing on the wall.
Either buy a Figo, or extend your budget.
Thanks for the inputs. I would think over and get back soon. Looking at the responses from fellow TAI members, it is very much clear that financial calculations need to be revisited for the budget. Also, official pricing of the New Swift would shed more light for the segment buyers determine budget.

Looking at the responses from fellow TAI members, it is very much clear that financial calculations need to be revisited for the budget.

Lower budget= less choice= less confusion

Higher budget= more choices = more confusion but after decision you will have more fun

So equation goes like
Lower budget = none or less fun

Thread Starter #19
Lower budget= less choice= less confusion

Higher budget= more choices = more confusion but after decision you will have more fun

So equation goes like
Lower budget = none or less fun
Good mathematics.

I am yet to revisit my calcs, however, per you what would be a good budget to suit the requirements?

Well, then. my friend, you, unfortunately, havent yet had the chance to sample the Figo yet.
Sir Figo Titanium misses the tilt steering and rear power windows.

@FJ CRUZER 7lks+ ORT should be good enough to enjoy the top end Diesel hatch in Pune.

Yes, the budget I mentioned is the OTR price not x-showroom.

I also think ZDi & i20 CRDI are out of budget, but do you think a VDi can fit the budget? Also how different would it be to ZDi, I mean what features would be missing?

We will have to wait till the new Swift gets launched to answer that. But i have a feeling the ZDi variant will be out of your budget. If you can stretch your budget to 7.5Lakhs you can look at i20 CRDI , Punto and Polo.

Thread Starter #24
New swift to be sold in 6 variants at 4.15 to 5.50 lacs ex-showroom price.

Source: Wheelocity, Sunday morning episode (I guess she meant x-sr for Delhi)

Now that does not fit 6 variants even considering 35K difference to each

LXi = 4.15
VXi = 4.50
ZXi = 4.85
LDi = 5.20
VDi = 5.55
ZDi = 5.90 lacs

Is this okay?

Expert opinion expected.

After reading all your posts, I think you should decide on fixed budget. This will translate to less confusion, as well pointed out by powerpacked.

By this way you can narrow down for the best car coupled with mileage and good A.S.S. support.

Just went for a TD with my bro at Ford VK in delhi yesterday and I must say the city handling of Figo Diesel never stops to amaze me. The initial gear ratio is short, so it is easier to pick up and drive, and there is negligible Turbo lag! It has a boot of 290 ltrs, where as current Swift just has 230 odd!

Yes may be in a drag Swift will beat Figo, but it is nevertheless a fun to drive car which is affordable.

Edit: A friend here in delhi has booked Swift VDI for 5.88 (OTR) and now the new one is expectedly around 20K more (VDI)

Last edited:
I think figo got a recent hike.From newpaper ad it shows 3.70 ex showroom.The traveller,did you check the price of figo lxi?
So figo diesel is a funcar in city.Heard beat D has lesser turbo lag than figo.Figo torque comes at 2000rpm whereas beta's 1750.So beat must be a fun car to drive i city too.What I am asking is performance on highway.Swift has big turbo,the above mention car has mild turbos(thats what i herad) so turbo lag would greater but outright performance is excellent.I think i swift got the best in gear acceleration in the segment I think.The new swift would only be better I think sice its lighter(i heard).
'Correct me if i am wrong'.

Thread Starter #30
Yes may be in a drag Swift will beat Figo, but it is nevertheless a fun to drive car which is affordable.

Edit: A friend here in delhi has booked Swift VDI for 5.88 (OTR) and now the new one is expectedly around 20K more (VDI)
That is interesting for me.

5.88+20 = 6.18 OTR for a VDI, we will have to see if my requirements are fullfiled with VDi. I hope it does.

I will opt for VDi once I do a TD and feature analysis. hopefully it will hit the dealership soon after its launch.

Top Bottom