The Best Diesel Hatch to Suit My Requirements!

That is interesting for me.

5.88+20 = 6.18 OTR for a VDI, we will have to see if my requirements are fullfiled with VDi. I hope it does.

I will opt for VDi once I do a TD and feature analysis. hopefully it will hit the dealership soon after its launch.
FJC & Thetraveller
It seems that you forgot the RTO charges
Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi ABS BS-IV
EX show room (561070) + RTO (42275) + Insurance (20651) = OTR (623996)

Swift VDI VDi BS-IV OTR Pune is 602961.
This is for OLD swift as on today.
Source Carwale.

Last edited:
@point_city96 - We are looking at Figo ZXI, which is coming to around 5.63 OTR (Delhi) excluding additionals like 0% depreciation cover etc. Regarding your ques about turbos, I am not sure how to calculate or verify it. They all have single turbos with FGT (AFAIK), so not sure are you talking about lag?

@powerpacked - Prices in delhi are less compared to that in Pune. By a rough guestimate NEW Swift VDI should be around 6.1 - 6.15 OTR

Yes Thetraveller prices at Pune are 20k more as compared to Delhi for Swift.
Going by your assumption on prices for new Swift In Pune
Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi ABS BS-IV should be around 6.4
Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi BS-IV should be around 6.2 respectively.
@ FJC
And above mentioned versions do not have Automatic Climate Control & Steering Adjustment (Tilt steering).

Thread Starter #34
@ FJC
And above mentioned versions do not have Automatic Climate Control & Steering Adjustment (Tilt steering).
Are you sure the ANSwift will not have ACC & TnT steering on a VDi?

If that is true MSIL is only banking on the past success story to make more business in future. Not sure how long these Auto manufacturers will keep playing with the Indian customers?

@FZC - I am not sure about the news. The brochure and details I have got from the dealer mention that ZXI has Rear defogger and E-ORVMs, and MP3 player with bluetooth interface.

Also, it says EXI has MP3 player without the Bluetooth player. If you want I can recheck with the dealer.

Thread Starter #37
@FZC - I am not sure about the news. The brochure and details I have got from the dealer mention that ZXI has Rear defogger and E-ORVMs, and MP3 player with bluetooth interface.

Also, it says EXI has MP3 player without the Bluetooth player. If you want I can recheck with the dealer.
This is effective for Deliveries after 20-July-2011. Therefore, the broucher might not be updated till now? May be the dealer may not have received the new brouchers? Not sure.

I overheard the information at office tea (tapari). One of the person had booked ZXi diesel variant and was suppose to get delivery before 20th, however for some reason it got delayed by a week. So his car is being delivered tomorrow. He got phone call from the dealership telling him that his car will not be equipped with Read Defogger, rear wiper and Electric ORVMs!

He was very upset (naturally) and was fighting with the sales executive over phone as to how FIPL can do this!

If you can please confirm with the dealership, that would be great.

Last edited:
Are you sure the ANSwift will not have ACC & TnT steering on a VDi?

If that is true MSIL is only banking on the past success story to make more business in future. Not sure how long these Auto manufacturers will keep playing with the Indian customers?
Do you expect the these ‘Z’ features in ‘L’ & / or ’V’ models then what will 'Z' variant had to offer.

Thread Starter #39
Do you expect the these ‘Z’ features in ‘L’ & / or ’V’ models then what will 'Z' variant had to offer.
Irrespective of the price tags, look for features on i20-Magna, Sportz & Asta models.

Please note, this is just to compare three variants with the features being offered.

Similar distinctions can be made to L/V/Z by MSIL. I do not mean MSIL to copy all that Hyundai offers but want to differentiate L/V/Z models only.

Sorry totally slipped out of my mind to update here. Yes I did check, and the dealer said he was not aware of such changes. Cars in his stock or provided to him have the mentioned equipment fitted in, which means EXI comes with Rear wiper, defogger, MP3 player etc.
Could it be location specific change, which seems highly unlikely, or is it that his stock has more cars already built? Not sure.

Thread Starter #42
Sorry totally slipped out of my mind to update here. Yes I did check, and the dealer said he was not aware of such changes. Cars in his stock or provided to him have the mentioned equipment fitted in, which means EXI comes with Rear wiper, defogger, MP3 player etc.
Could it be location specific change, which seems highly unlikely, or is it that his stock has more cars already built? Not sure.
We came from the same Place (The historic city of PUNE); May be you checked with some dealer in the city. Incidentally, I heard of this in Pune itself so "the change" being location specific is ruled out. I am planning to visit Planet Ford-satara road this Saturday to find out more. Will keep everyone posted.

Anyways, thanks for the efforts you put in.

Fellow memebrs are suggesting to opt for FIGO tdci, therefore it is necessary for me to get into details of the information [;)]

Thread Starter #44
Confirmation:
Figo deletions-
EXI = No music system,
ZXI = No rear wiper, No electric ORVM

Prices increased, i will post in details later today,

Titanium models will be eqipped with Fog lamps. So this is addition from Ford in the top end variant.

This is confirmed from dealer in Pune.

Top Bottom