The Beauty and the Beast: My Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX VTVT

Thread Starter #16
Updates:
Swift has left the house and I was a little sad so I washed and cleaned the new beauty today as she was very dirty.
While I was in the back of the car I found this. [Pictures are taken from mobile,please excuse the quality.]
On right: Can't they stick it in one line without any air bubbles ! ![anger]
Photo-0078.jpg

On left:
Photo-0079.jpg

Is there any training and quality test done by Hyundai these days?

Floor Mats: Looks and feel good.
Photo-0080.jpg

Back side:
Photo-0081.jpg

One more thing I noticed is there are little vibrations on the accelerator pedal around the small line after 2k rpm on odometer. These are very minor but they are experienced only around that line. Below or above that its smooth again.

Regards
Midknight

Last edited:
Congrats on your new acquisition midknight , happy miles ahead . That was some detailed review and the pics looks cool as well. Yes the first scratch does hurt a lot but leave it aside and enjoy the beauty . Get a scratch remover and try to remove the scratch if it is a gentle top layer cut.

Thread Starter #18
Congrats on your new acquisition midknight , happy miles ahead . That was some detailed review and the pics looks cool as well. Yes the first scratch does hurt a lot but leave it aside and enjoy the beauty . Get a scratch remover and try to remove the scratch if it is a gentle top layer cut.
Hi Pradeep. Thanks for the compliments.
Oh yeah I did used a scratch remover rubbing compound after the wash. And there is no trace anymore [cheers]. But those small stone chips on front bumper are not going unless I paint them.[gun]

Regards
Midknight

Last edited:
If those are under the bumper and not visible then leave it as it is because painting is no easy job.I have stone scrap mark on the bottom side and I just left it ; I will do something about it if bumper gets damaged anyway.

Thread Starter #20
If those are under the bumper and not visible then leave it as it is because painting is no easy job.I have stone scrap mark on the bottom side and I just left it ; I will do something about it if bumper gets damaged anyway.
Bumper is still intact without any scratches touchwood :tongue: I feel GC in new models has really increased.
Those small 2-3 spots are on the left side of bumper,not really visible to others but I sure know were they are.

I believe this thin fragile coloring on the verna is due to a single layer painting. Most cars in this segment recieve a multi layer paint job. A minor scratch wont expose the base paint underneath.
The thin material of the bumper is going to be a problem I think. Even a minor accident will open up the airbags.

Thread Starter #22
I believe this thin fragile coloring on the verna is due to a single layer painting. Most cars in this segment recieve a multi layer paint job. A minor scratch wont expose the base paint underneath.
The thin material of the bumper is going to be a problem I think. Even a minor accident will open up the airbags.
Well if this is the case then I might will have to give bumpers for painting to the neighborhood garage :lol!:
Well the sensitivity of sensors does not allow airbags to open up at lower speeds. But your point is right even 40km/h crash might activate them due to fragile nature of bumpers but not really sure.
But nowadays I see every car manufacture is going the lighter way for better F.E

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Well I am back after a long time.
Updates on car:
Done 800+ KM's ,first service/checkup is done [was late for it] but due to my exams I could not take the car there myself and the car was picked and dropped by showroom personnel. Bill=nil as nothing was changed/topped up.
Felt stearing to be on a heavier side post service but within 2-3 days its back to its smooth nature.
Everything else is normal with car with average hovering around 12-14.4 KM/L within city.
As usual saw a new small scratch on rear left bumper, have no knowledge how it happened but looks like someone scrapped it. Will post a pic of the same later.
Lights suck big time at night [roll] just like our old swift.

Thread Starter #25
Well the car hardly goes out on highways or night driving hence I do not see an upgrade in near future.:tongue:

Thread Starter #26
Updates:
Car has done a little over 1300 KM's with MID showing an average of 12KMPL,went to 14.6KMPL after highway drive to college with AC on for 85-90 % time.

Reverse camera started acting up last month and would work whenever it felt.
Went to HSS and after inspection they said it was a rat bite [frustration] fortunately no wire replacement required.
Total damage some 600 odd bucks for repair + rat repellent+ Mortin Rat kill.

Hear thud noise for 3 consecutive days on my trip to college, it definitely is from the front but no scraping until now. [clap]
Lesson lernt: Either go at less than 10-15KMPH over those speedbreakers and or use the special angle approach which is really fraustrating in traffic.

Also felt little reduction in pickup with ACC,not sure if its my mind playing games with me ! !
AC is also quite noisy on ACC mode,which reduces after a couple of minutes ,our i20 AC does not make this much noise.

Car is starting to open up now, have touched speedo indicated 120 only[Usually drive around 80-90kmph], did not face any problem with suspension or steering on highways.
Gears feel a little notchy after continuos driving on 30+KM's and did not engage once when engine was cold. Anything I should be worried about? Or is it bedding in?
Brakes are wonderful and tire noise suck.

Regards
Midknight

Last edited:
I have just Completed my 5k mark [:D] in 8months . She runs fine and no hassles as of yet . The mileage figures hovers around 14-15 in city and 17-18 in highways . The ride seems to be good but still trying to find way to improve the ride quality . Recently went through neil's satisfaction with buffers added to the coil which makes the ride a bit stiffer so i am on an hunt to find and try that[:)] .
P.s : Thanks for letting me share space in your thread [:D].

Thread Starter #30
No worries dude,we are here to help one another, share as much as you could. [:)]
5k in 8months damn,mine will probably see that mark in like 1.5-2yrs :tongue:
o_O Thats some damn mileage there
Havent managed above 14 till date be it city or highway.
Oh yeah I have read about buffers,seems like a good enough alternative instead of changing to new one.
Will post the pics of car in a couple of days as I saw scratches beneath the front bumper while washing. [frustration]

Last edited:

Top Bottom