The Beast Comes Home: Mahindra Scorpio SLE M-Hawk

btw i posted today, to mention there was an incident with my scorpio.
An auto trying to negotiate the smallest of gaps banged up from the LHS.
before i can get down, the auto sped away.
tried to check the damage with a heavy heart, only to find there was no visible damage. pooff. i was relieved
the left OVRM took the impact on itself and just moved away on the outside.
put it back and drove as if nothing has happened. [:D]
It happened to my Scorp as well, a number of times. Once an idiot [on a motorized two-wheeler] came in from nowhere and tailgated. I was on my way from Trissur town /Kerala to Kochi. He lost control and then crashed on to the rear bumper with a very loud ‘thud’ and then flew away in no time. It was so surprising for me to see absolutely no visible damage on inspection.

BTW, how is the beast doing these days ?

Thread Starter #212
It happened to my Scorp as well, a number of times. Once an idiot [on a motorized two-wheeler] came in from nowhere and tailgated. I was on my way from Trissur town /Kerala to Kochi. He lost control and then crashed on to the rear bumper with a very loud ‘thud’ and then flew away in no time. It was so surprising for me to see absolutely no visible damage on inspection.

BTW, how is the beast doing these days ?
phew. sorry for the absence from the ownership thread.

had an issue with the wheel alignment offlate. had to keep the steering at around 45 degrees to the left to go straight. then mouse tried to chew off the rear washer pipe.

went in to G 3 motors for the checkup and gladly they corrected the both complaints without me being charged. [clap]

few weeks back,a crazy biker banged up the scorpio from the back. wouldnt have been major had there no been potholes on the road.

the front mudguard of the bike got stuck and brushed up the rear bumper which scratched off the colour from the rear bumper. the rider was all apologetic since he lost the grip on the brakes due to the pothole. and he lost his front mudguard in the process.

jumped up the band of insurance from TATA AIG to ICICI lombard since they offered me the best combo of higher IDV and lower premium.

car would be 3 years old by this republic day and hopefully would get the rear bumper corrected by then.

Thread Starter #213
update .

The beast had gone through with the regular services on 6 months basis.

Seems of late with higher kms running they are slowly increasing the labour charges with every service.

It was close to 6k labour charges during my feb service and close to 3k for the next service.

prior to the last service observed some shaking like sensation at the rear when driving in the speed range between 20kmph and 40 kmph and more vibrations when driving over 100kmph.

the vibrations felt like coming through the rear whereas the steering felt absolutely normal.

during my last service in august, i had complained for the same, and they mentioned that one of the rim is "out".

inquired the cost for a steel rim and it costs almost 4k everywhere.

so took it as an opportunity to spend some more on the beast.

Update coming up soon.

Thread Starter #215
Nice to see you around.
How many kilometers have you clocked so far ?
its still low now at around 30 thousand kms.

btw pictures got delayed.

basically one of the rims was out. had to replace it.

A steel rim costs around 4k. so thought it is the best time to get alloy wheels.

searched for dealers. not much options online, searched for alloy websites.

found these inexpensive.

the set of 4 costed me around 24k.

Top Bottom