The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2021: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2021 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
TAICOTY-Logo.png

A very Happy New Year 2022 to all TAI-gers. We’re back with the 10th edition of The Automotive India Car Of The Year. Started as a humble effort to encourage new advancements and quality products in the Indian automobile industry, TAI-COTY awards have come a long way since their inception. The results are real-time and fully transparent in the public poll. You are free to cast the vote for a car of your own choice. However, we do recommend taking into account the following aspects that an Indian car buyer typically looks for:
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Value For Money
  • Looks and Design
  • Safety and Security
  • Comfort and Features
  • Engine and Performance
  • Brand Image and After-Sales Support
Note:
  • This poll is open for a period of complete one month (From Jan 1, 2022 – Jan 31, 2022).
  • Only all-new cars launched in India between Jan 1, 2021 to Dec 31, 2021 are nominated.
  • Quick facelifts do not qualify. High-end cars are kept out too considering their minor market share.
  • Only registered members can vote. If you're unregistered, please register first (it's quick and free).
  • TAI-COTY 2020 Edition: The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2020 Your Voice. Your Choice.

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
And the nominees are…

Maruti Celerio

Maruti-Suzuki-Celerio.jpg

Tata Punch

Tata-Punch.jpg

Renault Kiger

Renault-Kiger.jpg

MG Astor

MG-Astor.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun

Volkswagen-Taigun.jpg

Skoda Kushaq

Skoda-Kushaq.jpg

Tata Tigor EV

Tata-Tigor-EV.jpg

Mahindra XUV700

Mahindra-XUV700.jpg

Force Gurkha

Force-Gurkha.jpg

Tata Safari

Tata-Safari.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar

Hyundai-Alcazar.jpg

Skoda Octavia

Skoda-Octavia-2020.jpg

BYD E6

BYD.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross

Citroen-C5-Aircross.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A-Class (Sedan)

Mercedes-Benz-A-Class-Sedan.jpg

Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class

Mercedes-Benz-GLA.jpg

Volvo S60

Volvo-S60.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

for me it was close call between Tigor EV, Punch and XUV700 ultimately i voted for XUV. Safari did not come close to these 3. Let me give my justification here. I had expected Safari to be much better than Gravitas. Full marks to Tata Marketting team for selling Gravitas as Safari and encashing Safari brand name, Yes New safari has all that older safari lacked, the instrumentation, the luxurious ness but what it missed that old charm of Safari. I had anticipated different Safari. But silverlining is Safari brand continues to grow. Hope the 2nd interation it comes out of the Harrier Shadow.

Coming to my choices:
1. Punch: 5 star safe and sub 10L microSUV with all that oomph required for blockbuster car. The new impact 2 design makes this car stand out
2. Tigor EV, offer yet another EV option with peppy performance, and decent range in a sedan formfactor is a great step toward electrification.
3. XUV700 with more than needed bells and whistles, with performance of 200HP engine, and tech which one could only think of and supported by 5 star safety rating definitely swayed me toward voting for it.

BYD i kept it away owing to it ahem, origin country.

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Just bumping up this thread to invite more TAI-gers to join. The current results indicate Mahindra XUV700 as the undisputed winner. Tata Punch is following closely.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I feel Punch should get it. Nice small hatchback that TATA has done tremendously well to make it stand out in the over crowded segment. The XUV700 is not deserving because there are not enough cars delivered to be on the road! There are lots of small glitches already being reported in for the XUV and that cannot be something associated with a car of the year award!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I like the two - Tata Punch and Mahindra XUV700. But checking the price, there is a huge difference between the two.
Tata Punch price range 5.5L to 9.40L whereas XUV700 Rs.12.75L to 18.65L (Ex showroom prices). In my personal opinion, both are in different category size and price wise.

So, my vote goes for Tata Punch [cheers]

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Thanks to those who participated. Mahindra XUV700 is the clear winner and not surprisingly so. This year promises to be more exciting with EVs and some much awaited models in the pipeline.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom