The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2010: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Choice For TAICOTY 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TAICOTY:
My Vote:VW Polo
Reason:Solid build quality, German engineering & Looks
TAISOTY:
My Vote:Etios
Reason:Toyota Quality,Service and reliability
TAIVFMCOTY:
My Vote:Ford Figo
Reason:100 year old brand, Ford service value for money
TAIHOTY:
Reason:

TAIM/SOTY:
My Vote:Skoda Yeti
Reason:

AMG

Suspended
My vote to the ford figo.

It redefined the indian hatchback segment and set the sales chart on fire.

My vote in taicoty , for the aria!
i like the tata , they build good cars , for the people at cheapest possible rates and also cheapest maintenance . And in aria , i hope the quality to be improved

In hatch , i like to vote for figo , esp the diesel!
cool car from ford , and availibily of specific spare , rather than whole assembly- like tata.

In sedan
vento - no reasons , perfect look to my taste.

In hatch,
expect me to vote for polo - yep but swift scores over this for its mechanical outputs(diesel) and maintenance cost! and yeah style- old/used but refreshing!

TAICOTY:

Reason: Competitive pricing, features offers at affordable price, American company car made in india and available at indian price

TAISOTY:
My Vote:VW Vento
Reason: close chase and Challenging Honda City the car that almost monopolised the C segment for years.

TAIVFMCOTY:
Reason: First to offer 150cc A/c Engine where compititers offers only 85 or 90 cc engine for A/C, and need to mention Figo Doesnt have turbo lag.

TAIHOTY:
My Vote:Beat
Reason:Good Design

TAIM/SOTY:
My Vote: Alto
Reason: Good offer at low price range

My list

TAICOTY:
  • My Vote: VW Polo
  • Reason: Probably best hatchback launched recently. Sturdy, mean and good looking.
TAISOTY:
  • My Vote: VW Vento
  • Reason: Again the reason is same almost same as in the case of Polo.
TAIVFMCOTY:
  • My Vote: Ford Figo (Diesel)
  • Reason: WOW!! A car which gives you feeling of a sedan but will not burn whole in your pocket.
TAIHOTY:
  • My Vote: VW Polo
  • Reason: Probably best hatchback launched recently. Sturdy, mean and good looking.

TAIM/SOTY:

• My Vote: Skoda Yeti
  • Reason: Not actually a big SUV feel like vehicle but yes it is a good vehicle and I envy people who owns it (just kidding).

TAICOTY:

My Vote: Ford Figo
Reason: Its a perfect fit for any first time buyer. Very good engine, FE and interior space.

TAISOTY:

My Vote: VW Vento
Reason: Lovely design and having diesel as an option, unlike the Honda city.

TAIVFMCOTY:

My Vote: Ford Figo
Reason: It has everything one can ask for at an affordable price

TAIHOTY:

My Vote: VW Polo
Reason: Superb design

TAIM/SOTY:

My Vote: Hyundai Santa-Fe
Reason: Brawn looks and amazing list of features.

I will pick only one car of the TAI Car of the Year. Considering all the points, practicality, affordability for the mass, and how it influenced the segment, I am giving my 100% to Ford Figo. A great Value For Money Car that you can buy.

well its a tough choice between two cars for me,
1. Ford Figo, though i never thought i would vote for FORD, but yeah they have got perfect h hatchback with good engine,good space all around, with decent FE, a perfect VFM package ford offered.

2. Tata Aria, just because they cameout and offered a product with that higher range to compete with europoen,japenese giants who lead this space all this years.

wow!! suddenly from aria figo is now winning the poll.. i think we now know which car is becoming TAICOTY!! [:)]

Only Figo deserves, rest of them not near the desired criteria.... santa fe, aria, prius, yeti - too unknown as very recently launched - etios/evo-x is not even on the road!

See if we talk about car of the year then it should be Polo IMO. However, VFM is indeed Figo Diesel.

Rest all cars like Denom said, either recently launched or unknown (to some extent.)

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
No vote for Skoda Yeti till now, leaves into a little surprise. Here goes my choice:

TAICOTY:

• My Vote: Chevrolet Beat

• My Reason: Smart looks, Nice fuel efficiency figures, and packed with gadgets at an affordable price makes the Beat a perfect family car for cities in India. Just the lack of Diesel engine, spot-on marketing, and some unknown reasons has not successfully made it the most-selling hatchback in the country, but I am sure that with some slight efforts, GM can gain that much deserved position.

TAISOTY:

• My Vote: Skoda Yeti

• My Reason: No wonder, why it is the Yeti. This is an almost all-rounder Sports Utility Vehicle at this price tag.

TAIVFMCOTY:

• My Vote: Maruti Alto K10

• My Reason: This small peppy car offers everything that a potential buyer spending the amount would actually desire for.

TAIHOTY:

• My Vote: Volkswagen Polo

• My Reason: My personal favourite in the segment. If it was not launched, this vote would have gone for the Fiat Punto but now particularly for the stunning looks, quality, and snob value for a hatchback at an average price; there is probably not more I can ask for.

TAIM/SOTY:

• My Vote: Tata Aria

• My Reason: Yet another successful achievement for Tata Motors. The Aria is a crossbreed of a sedan and an MUV at reasonable price. Just that, if Tata improves their image for after-sales, it soon will be ruling the segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: TAICOTY 2010 - Your Voice. Your Choice.

surprised to see only 2 votes for wagonr?

though my vote goes for wagonr
More surprised to see Alto K10 getting 3 only. Which is selling like hot cake. I think MS is selling 15000+ Altos every month. No idea about K10 engine sale numbers though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom