The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2010: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Choice For TAICOTY 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TAICOTY:
My Vote: Tata Aria
Reason: The first indian cross over suv laden with so many features that are more than enough to put many premium cars to shame.

TAISOTY:
My Vote: Toyota Etios
Reason: Excellent sedan with high comfort levels. IMO best in segment.

TAIVFMCOTY:
Reason: Same as above, add to that the competitive pricing which makes the deal even more sweet.

TAIHOTY:
My Vote: Ford Figo
Reason: Best hatch in all the aspects considered. Even the top end variant is cheaper than its rivals.

TAIM/SOTY:
My Vote: Hyundai Santa FE
Reason: Looks better than most of the SUVs in the segment.

Hiya,

My Humble opinion as follows:

TAI Sedan of The Year - VW Vento
Almost gave it to the EVO but the pricing meant that very, very few would get to sample the beast. So the Vento takes the crown here.

TAI VFM Car Of The Year - Chevrolet Beat
Chevy's pricing and service plans made this a no-brainer

TAI Hatchback of The Year - Ford Figo
The Hatch to have for its Duratorq Engine and the robust build quality. Ford surely has hit upon a winner with this one.

TAI MUV / SUV of The Year - Tata Aria/ Skoda Yeti
Was confused over the High sticker price of the Aria vs the shoddy A.S.S. of Skoda. Voted for the Aria as TATA service is better than Skoda.

My thoughts on the Nominees...

Maruti Alto K10 - Great engine, cramped space

Chevrolet Beat - Funky Design, Great Package, but cramped for 5 Adults and pathetic Boot-space

Maruti Wagon-R - Flimsy Build quality, but wins in the engine (K10) and service network category

Ford Figo - Brilliant package, great price, excellent engine in the Diesel variant.

Nissan Micra - too sissy, diesel overpriced

Volkswagen Polo - the car to buy if only they'd upgrade their motors

Toyota Etios - this will sell for its no-nonsense appeal and the toyota badge of ownership-peace.

Volkswagen Vento - Good deal, infinitely better than the Etios/City combine.

Tata Aria - A fine home-grown MUV. Dislike the grille and the high sticker price.

Skoda Yeti - An extremely capable vehicle, a welcome alternative to the Laura - bugbear being the shoddy after-sales-service.

Hyundai Santa-Fe - Quirky looks, prefer the older Tuscon

Volvo XC60 - Don't really see too many Volvo's on the streets. Poor service network.

Toyota Prius - Too boring.

Mitsubishi Evo-X - Now this is the sedan to have, damm the HM guys for overpricing this baby by a mile.

Cheers[cheers]

TAICOTY:

Reason: A good move by tata which will raise name indian automotive name and don't forget you get lot of feature in less price

TAISOTY:
My Vote: Mitsubishi Evo X
Reason: for me best sedan only -VE is its price .

TAIVFMCOTY:
Reason: for toyota peace of mind reliability after that i say tat aria

TAIHOTY:
My Vote: Polo
Reason: Ii just like it after this figo comes .

TAIM/SOTY:
Reason: simply because of its feature and price

Now that Thar is launched, it should also make it.

@350Z, though you have given exhaustive factors to be considered before voting, this poll will be more like 'Which car did you like in 2010'?

Again, how to vote for Etios? All we have is a photo & price scribbled on back.

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Now that Thar is launched, it should also make it.
Hi Diabloo, The launches will keep happening, but this does not means that the Poll choices will be updated every now and then. That is why, only the new cars, which have launched till December 1st, 2010 have been included in the list, rest shall be the nominees for TAICOTY 2011.

@350Z, though you have given exhaustive factors to be considered before voting, this poll will be more like 'Which car did you like in 2010'? Again, how to vote for Etios? All we have is a photo & price scribbled on back.
Of course, that is what the basic purpose of TAICOTY is. Just in case, you skipped to read –

350Z said:
...Initiated since last year, TAICOTY aims to provide the audience an idea about the most preferred car model amongst them, where the jury is no one, but...
Drive Safe,
350Z

TAICOTY:

* My Vote: Maruti Suzuki WagonR
* Reason: The car is extremely improved from its older box type image, A.S.S is a plus point.

TAISOTY:

* My Vote: Volkswagen Vento
* Reason: Reliable, built to last. Volkswagen coming up with a sedan at this pricing, has to be respected for their efforts to create history :)

TAIVFMCOTY:

* My Vote: Maruti Suzuki WagonR
* Reason: Its economical with the latest K-Series 1 L engine - the fuel efficiency has been improved. Improved rear spacing.

TAIHOTY:

* My Vote: Volkswagen Polo
* Reason: Reliable, built to last. Volkswagen coming up with a Hatch at this pricing, has to be respected for their efforts to create history :)

TAIM/SOTY:

* My Vote: Skoda Yeti
* Reason: The vehicle looks stunning, 200 kmph max speed. 5 seater is the only constraint. Ideal SUV for the city drive. Clever move by Skoda.

TAICOTY:

* My Vote: Mitsubishi Evo X
* Reason: A real drivers car

TAISOTY:

* My Vote: VW Vento
* Reason: A really sensible car

TAIVFMCOTY:

* My Vote: Toyota Etios
* Reason: Nothing but VFM

TAIHOTY:

* My Vote: VW Polo
* Reason: Same as the Vento

TAIM/SOTY:

* My Vote: Skoda Yeti
* Reason: Good looks, quality, reasonably priced. Will be driving one soon.

TAICOTY
My Vote:Maruti Alto K10
Reason: One hell of a pocket Rocket. Its easy to own and maintain when you put the cost factor into consideration.

TAISOTY:
My Vote: Mitsubishi Evo X
Reason:Best performance sedan you can buy and its got the WRC genes. Though maybe a bit overpriced.

TAIVFMCOTY:
My Vote: Maruti Alto K10
Reason: Best VFM car all round.

TAIHOTY:
My Vote: Maruti Alto K10
Reason: It can blow the socks of almost every other hatch and you dont need to rob a bank to buy one.

TAIM/SOTY:
My Vote:Volvo XC60
Reason: SUVs are primarily all about the feeling of being safe and who can beat Volvo in the safety department. Its got excellent features and looks decent too.

Last edited:
sorry 350z well her goes.

TAICOTY :ford figo,
good mileage, vfm,good aesthetics, good drivebility (due to fine gear ratios and steerings) and space. well priced overall a complete package for indians. apparent from the sales figures

TAIM/SOTY: tata aria.
reasons: brilliantly balanced between ride ,comfort , safety ,space,looks, price,well built with deluxe features. indians can cherish on it .

TAIVFMCOTY:wagon R
reasons: good mileage,engine, refinements,aesthetics,competetively priced with best A.s.s.

TAICOTY:

• My Vote:VW Vento
  • Reason: Competitive pricing, especially for a German Car.
TAISOTY:

• My Vote:VW Vento
  • Reason: VW offering that is challenging Honda City.
TAIVFMCOTY:

• My Vote:Ford Figo
  • Reason: Alto K10 VXI price in bangalore is 3.9Lacs on-road, Figo 1.2 LXI is 4.26lacs on-road (Plus good discounts in Dec). Only additional feature we get in Alto is front power windows. For ~36K extra amount we get 4pot engine +200cc, more space, powerful AC, fatter tires, better built and handling. Its the maximum car you can get for minimum money. How can we forget about child spare parts, good initiative by Ford who were know for high maintenance.
TAIHOTY:

• My Vote:Ford Figo
  • Reason:We have many cars in this segment, Ford price was spot on with VFM features.The pricing insures that there is a Figo for every budget.

TAIM/SOTY:

• My Vote: Tata Aria
  • Reason: Aggressive step from Tata.

my vote is for figo because it has got a sharp steering.boot space is awesome and total vfm,and am a proud owner of one.apart from the service woes its awesome car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom