The 2014 Honda City (First Look: Page 12)

Re: The 2014 Honda City

The next generation Honda City is around the corner and it is rather surprising that we haven't seen a single test mule been captured. Even the top honchos of the car magazines are frustrated without getting to see even a single spy pic of the car as yet. Honda has efficiently managed to keep the car away from the spying eyes till now. Its to be seen if they can manage that for a few days more.

Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar India tweeted a while back

hond.png

Hi,
It will be really a good competition between New Honda City with Vento/Rapid/Verna.
Pricing is the important aspect of this car. Need to wait for the exact price what Honda offers.

Thread Starter #34

I've booked 2014 City (Diesel) for 50k (fully refundable). I hope (actually am 99% sure) that Honda will not compromise on safety features and S-MT Diesel will be less than 10.5 lakh ex-showroom Bangalore.

Also TD'd the Amaze diesel for the first time and found the 1.5L i-DTEC's NVH much better than expected.

I've booked 2014 City (Diesel) for 50k (fully refundable). I hope (actually am 99% sure) that Honda will not compromise on safety features and S-MT Diesel will be less than 10.5 lakh ex-showroom Bangalore.

Also TD'd the Amaze diesel for the first time and found the 1.5L i-DTEC's NVH much better than expected.
Just today even I went to showroom and almost paid the advance. Only thing is they are going to collect the cheque on Monday. Not 100% sure about the buy yet. The sales person was very well knowledged and professional. He said that City could be placed in the current city high end and the Civic. [frustration] So if its so I will get out, there is no cancellation charges.

Which one?

For me this design looks much like a 'Grand Father's car [frustration]
Nuevo-Honda-City-2014-Free-Download.jpg

This design looks very young but very plane and kind of boring, It does not look like a upgrade to current City [evil]
500x360x2014-Honda-City.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o64YaXx3VC.jpg

This one I like(not because of the girl [;)]) But this one and the first picture may be of the same design C-Rider?
a2412313-eee8-46aa-aaa5-e0b2e905428fOtherImage.jpg

This one is Honda Fit 2014, if the front looks like this "Its amazing"
2014-Honda-Fit-white.jpg

Or will it look like this? I think one of the best IMO.
2014-Honda-City-Latest-Auto-Magazine.jpg

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

The next generation Honda City is around the corner and it is rather surprising that we haven't seen a single test mule been captured. Even the top honchos of the car magazines are frustrated without getting to see even a single spy pic of the car as yet.
This noon I was around Honda’s plant maintaining an eagle eye for a test mule but in vain. It’s not often when Honda comes with major upgrades on City but when it does, it comes with a bang. This one would be no different. Let's wait and watch.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #41

IAB reports that the 2014 Honda City has reached ARAI campus in Pune for approval and testing.

For Amaze the gap between it reaching ARAI and the launch was 2.5 months. So the City launch around mid-Jan'14 can be expected.

Last edited:

IAB reports that the 2014 Honda City has reached ARAI campus in Pune for approval and testing.

For Amaze the gap between it reaching ARAI and the launch was 2.5 months. So the City launch around mid-Jan'14 can be expected.
Thanks for the info, but still they could not take one picture? [frustration]

Another one, the Autocar version
No body lines on this one. Smallish tires and body shape more like new Civic.

city.jpg

The last one looks similar to the present city with some tweeks here and there.,.but if its loaded with bells and whistle features then its absolutely ok for most. present city looks very good and next gen following the same design/ looks is unlikely, as per honda's previous gen models . all previous gen city's are entirely different from each other and as this being a new gen city , so we can expect a new design / looking city.
Lets wait and watch .

Top Bottom