Test Riding The Aprilia SR 150

Thread Starter #1
My test ride & dealership experience - Aprilia SR150.
Point wise :-

Dealership : Falcon Mobikes, BSK 3rd Stage, Bengaluru.
Dealership Experience : Below Average.
On the road price (Bengaluru) : Rs. 87,500=00

The Plus points of Aprilia SR150 :-[clap]

1) Stunning Italian design, An absolute looker & head turner !
2) Premium brand image, Quality levels, Fit & finish.
3) Large 14 inch alloys & tubeless tires can put certain hatchbacks to shame.
4) Superb Ride & handling. Front disc brake bite is crisp.
5) 150cc engine revs up quite fast, is powerful and is more enterprising to ride compared to the 110-125's that the competition offers.

The Negatives of Aprilia SR150 :-[frustration]

1) Poor Riding Ergonomics ! You tend to slide through the sloping seat all the time you ride. Time & again you need to keep sliding backwards to find that perfect riding position.
2) The scooter is quite tall & short riders may find it difficult to put their feet down.
3) Cramped foot board & leg space. Lack of storage areas, no bottle holder even. Insufficient under seat storage. Very narrow fuel inlet & cap. Auto stop nozzles may not work at petrol pumps & may overflow whilst refuelling.
4) Lack of LED's for turn indicators, rear light & headlamps. No digital speedo unit for such a contemporary scooter. Both headlamps do not switch on simultaneously even in high beam mode. Poor head light throw. Conservative miniature speedometer assembly ! reminds me of my dad's Bajaj Super scooter.
5) Missing brake lock may result in scooter sliding back on inclines. Very tight spring action for rear brake lever. Absolutely pathetic rear brake !

These are just my initial observations. Still contemplating about investing in one. Would welcome user comments on the Aprilia SR 150.

Attachments

I own one since last 2 weeks and did 450+ Kms as of today.I agree with your points you have mentioned and the FE I’m getting as of now is around 35-40 Kmpl and it’s early to comment about this as I need to give my Aprilia for service this week.

Thread Starter #3
Music_Swift - Hi.. read your exciting purchase and riding experience..Many owners have reported about scooter not kick starting easily in the morning & some known battery issues with Exide make. The sales rep at the dealership appraised me about Tata brand batteries that are now standard OEM with the scooter. How has been your after sales experience ? Please do share. Thanks.

Music_Swift - Hi.. read your exciting purchase and riding experience..Many owners have reported about scooter not kick starting easily in the morning & some known battery issues with Exide make. The sales rep at the dealership appraised me about Tata brand batteries that are now standard OEM with the scooter. How has been your after sales experience ? Please do share. Thanks.
I haven't tried kick starting the vehicle till now.But,my friend tried to kick start the vehicle for the first time and only issue I found is the vehicle doesn't start by using self start but its not a problem for me atleast and my ASC guy also said that,kick start the vehicle in the morning.

And,my sales experience has been good atleast in Hyderabad except for delay in getting the vehicle from godown,which took 2 hours to arrive.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It is always good to Kick start scooters (any brand) in the mornings. I have been following this procedure for many years now[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom