Test Driven - New Wagon-R. The Blue Eyed Boy.

Thread Starter #16
I had a long chat with the maruti guy yesterday. when asked about Kizashi, he told that the car will surely be launched in the month of (betw) sept-nov. About alto he confirmed that the euro4 engine in alto delivers almost same power and there are not much changes in specs. The thing that surprised me was his reaction when i asked about the new gen swift. He told that the company has not disclosed any such info as of now.
-----------Next Post-----------
There were cash prizes. The overall result would be announced tom. I dont need to worry since i got disqualified in the 3rd event.

Last edited:
great review akash! i have heard that it is more spacious than old wagonr is it so? and does the absence of rear quarter glass affects easiness of reversing? anyways i like the looks of new wagon-r, far more better than older model.

Thread Starter #18
As far as the space is concerned, i found it not very different from previous model. The rear glass area doesnt hamper reversing, though it depends on users and their driving habits.

Thread Starter #19
An event was organised by MSIL for testing the driving skills of the candidates participating in 3 basic driving tests. One was 8formation,ZigZag, and the water spill test.

In 8 formation test, the candidate had to drive on the track(which had the shape of 8). Winner was to be decided on the amount of time required to cover the distance.
Fortunately i was the quickest one with a record time of 20sec[:)]

In the ZigZag race the track had short checkpoints in the middle and the participant had to drive the car in a ZigZag fashion in minimum amount of time.
Again i completed this race in minimum time of 23.17sec which was the minimum uptill that time.

For both the event i had New WagonR as my car.

The third was the water spill test. In this the candidate had to drive an Omni with a water filled glass on its dash board. Unfortunately i got disqualified even before i could cover half the distance.

The event was organised in Nagpur which is about 70km from my residence.

Guys as i had told you about the MSIL driving skill event, wanted to update you all. I just got a call from the Maruti guys to informing that i won One of the three categories in which i had participated. So tomorrow, i will be going to collect my prize to their showroom, along with that they have kept a function(small party as told to me)for winners and the participants.

So just wanted to share my happiness with you guys.

EDIT: Couldnt find the appropriate thread to post this, which is why i have posted the same matter in my introduction thread too.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
I had a long chat with the maruti guy yesterday. when asked about Kizashi, he told that the car will surely be launched in the month of (betw) sept-nov. About alto he confirmed that the euro4 engine in alto delivers almost same power and there are not much changes in specs. The thing that surprised me was his reaction when i asked about the new gen swift. He told that the company has not disclosed any such info as of now.
Congratulations for winning. That's a pleasant news to hear about Kizashi Launch, You may like to update here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...zashi-launching-2010-a.html?highlight=kizashi) and Yes there are no other changes in BS-4 Alto. The media was creating an unnecessary hype about "All New Alto" Coming. Regarding the New Generation Swift, I'm not at all surprised that they are not yet aware about it because the car is still undergoing testing and has not even made official debut in any of the foreign markets. So far we can even image about Indian release. This was enough of OT.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23
Nothing much. A wooden pen stand with a gold plated clock at its centre. A box of sweets and a certificate.

Thread Starter #25
They even took a photograph of mine(recieving the gift from their md) and this pic was pasted on their notice board and will be there till the next event.

Thread Starter #27
I am feeling very happy about this not because i won but since this was my first ever participation in an Automotive event.
BTW new WagonR can now be easily spotted on nagpur roads.

Re: please send New WagonR K-Series review

Send? Send where? If you want a review, ill summarize it in short for you. My mom owns one, and its a VXi. Great driving position, almost truck like. You tower over the road. Light steering, but feels dead. Easy controls, good gearshift. K series has non exsistent low end, you need to rev it up to get it going. Above 3k its spirity. Comfort levels are great. Suspension well balanced, and space is unmatched. Fuel efficiency is great. I got 22 on highway with AC, and i have a heavy right foot. AC chills great. Boot space is slightly less. The stock adio sounds average. All in al a great car for its practicality and virtues. But drivers wont be delighted.

Just noticed you are a Female. Its a great car for you guys. Easy to drive and handle. No tricky bits. Ergo is perfect, and has huge rear view mirrors, and they are electronically adjustable. All roung power windows and has great brakes too. You'll love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom