Test Driven - New Wagon-R. The Blue Eyed Boy.

Re: Test Driven - New Wagon-R THE BLUE EYE BOY

I havent had any issues with the steering other than the lack of feel from it. Its smooth, and over assisted so u arent gonna have a hard time. Heavyness is nowhere nearby. I myself prefer Non assisted steering, with heaviness and feel. But the Wagon R has a ultra light one, plus i havent come across any such issue. Maybe it was there in the first few batches. But now its not not and u can go for it.

Was hunting for a car to gift it to my father on his birthday so just strolled inside the Maruti showroom and checked out the Wagon R. Stepped inside the car and immediately stepped out. Absolutely horrendous quality of plastics- dull, grey and scratchy. Had expected better stuff from Maruti. As I came out, saw the bonnet shutline and immediately left the showroom before the salesperson could offer me a test drive. Sorry Maruti, am not paying Rs 4.5 lakhs for this.

Last edited:

My experience of same .. Maruti show room staff like work like government staff . I 2 to 3 times go for Alto K10 test drive but I never get test drive in Surat !! I mailed to Maruti company that some of problem in K series engine and not success in market with CNG but so far I don't get any reply.

i am a wagonR vxi owner.the main drawbacks i saw in it
1.steering wobbling after 60kmph
2.high level of reflection from the front dashboard felt on the front wind wiser when sunlight falls on it.This seriously obstructs the vision.i tht it as dust.But for my surprise this is not even seen in other cars.
i own a dzire as well and i owned 800 and indigo earlier.

3.Apart from engine sound(sounds more than a new generation diesel car),there is a sound that we usually feel from the housing of old ambassador car.I put the car in neutral and engine in idle and less the car moving.But the sound increases as it moves.

4.Visibility is different from the old wagonR as i owned the older one.The dash feels more stretched to the friend which is much noticable while driving.

5.Maruthi could have give a bit more power to this car as it struggles to go up in steep roads with A.C and also while overtaking.

Pros:-
1.Good driving,i feel good braking on WagonR than the swift Dzire i have(Dzire's braking system is the worst i ever drown).

2.Better control and manuvering than the old wagonR

3.Feels more stable and stronger than the old one while driving.(obviously the new one is bigger than the old which make it stable)

4.The night vision WR gives is very much better than swift dzire do...both in stock lamps.

I an owner of Grande Punto , but the place where I stay the parking is very scarcely available. So we need to park car one behind another and if any one have to go out need to remove all the cars behind it and then remove own car.
So in the above mentioned situation I have driven New Wagon-R VXi and found that steering is very very light to my liking and thought so then and there that it would be an issue on highway. and yes my doubt was right.

Saw the new WagonR today morning while coming towards factory, the front grille is what catches the eye that somethigs different and more weird in the face,else nothing else seen as changes to the waggy.
Front grille seriously seems an aftermarket job done.[frustration]

Well the Facelift is not very apparent on first glance.....on further observation i think they have made a few changes to the grille so changes are merely cosmetic which has always been the norm for almost all auto manufacturers in India.

Yup. Everybody and his grandmother knows that the changes are purely cosmetic.

@Prashant: Please post your ownership review of the Fabia, if not already posted, of course.

Last edited:

Top Bottom