Test Drive: 73m Long Rolls Royce Powered Ship

Yes can you brief about the communication system also??

And how about the maintenance of the ships?? Do you have A.S.S!!:lol!:

This is really an interesting thread!!
And thanks for taking out the time to answer all the queries, though I suspect the A.S.S query may remain unanswered!!

Thread Starter #20
Am wondering whether it will influence any purchase decisions though??
Actually the Sea Trials are a requirement of the Classification Society. The shipyard carries out the trials and the Class surveyors and owners representives witness it. The purchase decision is already made a long time ago

Is that you in front of ship ?
I could see half of the ship is Under Water, Or do i have some problem with my eyes ?
That's me. That's the ship in rough seas. The ship is going into the trough of the wave. The snap was taken by another ship of our company.

But i guess its some kind of high tide which must have struck the ship creating an illusion that its submerged in water!
High tide raises the level of water evenly. You can't notice it on the high seas.

ilango[speed thirst];22503 said:
in the second set , 1st picture everywhere its orangish and no even surface at all, whats all that.

How do you communicate during sail? Will you be out of net in sail?
That's a chemical tanker. At sea we have a satellite phone. We get telephone, fax and e-mail. Also the old radio communications. Now some ships also have full fledged internet.

And how about the maintenance of the ships?? Do you have A.S.S!!:lol!:
General maintanence like painting is done by the ship staff. Also overhauling of the engine, generators etc. Sometimes service is provided by the individual manufacturers of the various equipments. The shipyard provides a 1 year guarantee for the structure.

I suspect the A.S.S query may remain unanswered!!
You are proved wrong!

Yeah, but the TCR will be a bit more than a Scorpio!!
You bet it is.

whoaa!! one heck of td buddy! never even expected to read a test report of ship.well do you have pics of ship building or other ship's pics. waiting for them [clap]

Here's the information on the ship:

Name: Veendijk
IMO Number: 9346718
Flag:
Netherlands
MMSI Number: 244694000
Length: 90.0m
Beam: 15.0m
Callsign: PBQQ

Last edited:

Top Bottom