Technical Clarifications for Maruti 800

Absolutely, you can use it. Just don't use for too long (read : days) or let it be there in radiator for long if the geography you live in has a corrosive environment.

freakdude.

So, if you get stranded on the road due to overheating and the coolant reservoir is empty you can safely use distilled water to reach a mech. and add the green/blue liquid into it. Although, avoid using tap water as this may lead to corrosion.

freakdude.
ok. so distilled water. is this the same as battery water? this means that we have to carry around one on long trips?

Always better to be prepared than be stranded. When leaving for long trips I carry 1ltr each of antifreeze(coolant [;)]), distilled water, engine oil apart from my puncture kit, foot pump etc.

even if you don't have distilled water just keep using normal water till you can source the coolant. Drive slow as pure water creates more steam and pressurizes the radiator.

freakdude.

Hiii Mr.Sathumurugan,
Where do you stay in Chennai. Am put up at Virugambakkam. If you have time tomorrow i.e. 6.3.16 we can have a drive on my Maruthi 800 AC Alternator modified and with HHO. Can contact me on 9791119112. We can exchange our knowledge on CAR.

Hii all,
I have an issue with my Maruthi 800 AC front left tyre from where there is creek sound. When you start there is the sound and on the run the sound stops. Can anyone give idea what the problem and how it can overcome?

Thanks and Kind regards,
V Krishna Swamy

check if the radiator has enough coolent. If yes you can fill the reservoir after you reach. Just open the radiator cap when not very hot or else the hot water will jet out of the radiator.

dear all TAI members,
As you all know that maruti 800 needs 20W40 engine oil as per the owners manual. But off late availability of 20W40 oil has become scarce, to my knowledge, at least here in pune.

So, can I use 20W50 oil by shell (I like shell oils, have been using for a long time), in my maruti 800.

regards

mandar

dear all TAI members,
As you all know that maruti 800 needs 20W40 engine oil as per the owners manual. But off late availability of 20W40 oil has become scarce, to my knowledge, at least here in pune.

So, can I use 20W50 oil by shell (I like shell oils, have been using for a long time), in my maruti 800.

regards

mandar
Hey Mandar try amazon they sell 20w40 genuine MGO 3L can for around 750 rs .I always buy from amazon for my oil requirement.Sometimes you get good prices for shell oils also [:D]

Better to buy from local Petrol pumps which are sealed ones. Recently I bought Shell 20w50 for Rs 850 while changing the Engine oil after Engine Oil flush. On Amazon, only cloudtail is fulfilled, and not others. one party is selling at Rs 600 and free delivery, the price range from Rs 600 to Rs 825 plus delivery charges ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 342. The party who is selling it for Rs 600 and free delivery may be some old filtered oil !!!!!!

open the link :Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Servo MGO 20W-40 Engine Oil for Maruti Vehicles (3 L)

Last edited:

Top Bottom