Team MHSSC Racing - Our FSAE Car - We Win!!!

Great work raj. loved it.
Some questions.
why wasnt a differential used?
Any particular reason to use Double Wishbones?
I think i've figured out how the EGS works. What i want to know is is there any real advantage of that System?

I think i've figured out how the EGS works. What i want to know is is there any real advantage of that System?
Elimination of a gear lever.No need to take your hands off the steering wheel.

---------------------------------------------------------------

suspension is one area where the calculations are massive, simply cannot be explained in a forum.

to start with, basic calculations include the weight of the car with driver, C.G. of the car & weight distribution.

since ours is an outboard suspension, based on the above factors, we decide & calculate the motion ratio, damping ratio, wheel rate & spring rate.

if you are interested in learning such stuff, you can download a wonderful e-book- name is "tune to win". it will cover all the basic stuff. for more advanced learning, you will have to refer various other books & many websites are also useful.

by the way, what is your project?
Hey raj, Well my intention is building something like in the below pic,

I just downloaded the e book you had mentioned now,its really helping thanks a lot.[:D] Can you suggest me some more ebooks which you think could help me ? My main concerns are the weight distributions & handling at speeds (suspension setup)

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations and Hats-Off to Team MHSSC!

I didn’t read about this project in depth earlier. Today I again stumbled upon it, which further stirred up the interest that I went through the thread that was present in our old forum as well. This surely is a commendable team effort. Congrats for acquiring first position on all three categories. Though, I cannot comment about the presentation part but yes it’s certainly one of the neatest designed SAE car that I have come across. I look forward to check out Karma in person at the upcoming Auto Expo. Any idea on which pavilion it will be showcased? By the way, I would also like to know if there was any specific reason to name it Karma.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
OMG it will be showcased in the Expo. COngrats for good work buddy. I will surely get snaps of this one.

Thread Starter #52
Oh! unfortunately I missed this thread.

Congrats Raj and your whole team members[cheers].A lovely work,a master piece.[clap]
thanks a ton AHI.

Great work raj. loved it.
Some questions.
why wasnt a differential used?
Any particular reason to use Double Wishbones?
a rear differential was not used to save on costs and also a spool drive is more innovative & less complicated.

double wishbones is used in every FSAE car because they are most ideally suited.

advantages of EGS:
1) innovation
2) driver effort is less compared to manual gearshift
3) space in cockpit is more as there are no mechanical linkages now
4) faster gear changes

Hey raj, Well my intention is building something like in the below pic,

I just downloaded the e book you had mentioned now,its really helping thanks a lot.[:D] Can you suggest me some more ebooks which you think could help me ? My main concerns are the weight distributions & handling at speeds (suspension setup)
apart from what i told you, google is your best friend. it was ours!

I didn’t read about this project in depth earlier. Today I again stumbled upon it, which further stirred up the interest that I went through the thread that was present in our old forum as well. This surely is a commendable team effort. Congrats for acquiring first position on all three categories. Though, I cannot comment about the presentation part but yes it’s certainly one of the neatest designed SAE car that I have come across. I look forward to check out Karma in person at the upcoming Auto Expo. Any idea on which pavilion it will be showcased? By the way, I would also like to know if there was any specific reason to name it Karma.
thanks a lot vibs. yes, it will be showcased at the delhi auto expo but we are not sure about the stall number.

OMG it will be showcased in the Expo. COngrats for good work buddy. I will surely get snaps of this one.
yes akash, it will be showcased as i said, but unfortunately, i cannot make it to the expo.

350Z

Core Team
Hey Raj – On which pavilion is this car showcased. I couldn’t locate it anywhere on the expo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Unfortunately, I missed it. Anyways I hope other members who are attending the event can check out this car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know the price and place where I can buy Aluminium blocks for my uprights.

Wherever I hv asked, its for mass sale and would not be available on small orders.

Please if anyone can help me find some aluminium blocks, I will be more than grateful.

Cheers!

Top Bottom