Team MHSSC Racing - Our FSAE Car - We Win!!!

Thread Starter #16
sure zinam, actually if i start saying, there will be lots to say. so if you want to know anything in specific, you can ask, i'll be glad to answer.

raj i will really like to know the suspension design.Like what all calculations,etc were done to give the car a better handling at turns etc.It would help me in my project too[;)]

Thread Starter #18
suspension is one area where the calculations are massive, simply cannot be explained in a forum.

to start with, basic calculations include the weight of the car with driver, C.G. of the car & weight distribution.

since ours is an outboard suspension, based on the above factors, we decide & calculate the motion ratio, damping ratio, wheel rate & spring rate.

if you are interested in learning such stuff, you can download a wonderful e-book- name is "tune to win". it will cover all the basic stuff. for more advanced learning, you will have to refer various other books & many websites are also useful.

by the way, what is your project?

thanks for the name.[:)]I am gonna need lot more advices from you in future[;)]

Well my project is Performance Oriented Electric car with good efficiency.
Now performance & efficiency don't go hand in hand but the to get the right balance would be challenging & great learning experience.

Greats Projects from MHSSC afterall its the ONLY college in Mumbai to offer Automobile Engg.I wanted to get into it but due to travelling problems got into PIIT (panvel ) doing Mech.
I had seen a another project from MHSSC at an Expo they had used pulsar Suspensions and a crashed bike's 300cc motor (i'm not sure abt the engine but it was from a crashed bike maybe a ninja) and a custom built Differential

He raj,

Can you share across few titles & sites where i can download tuning of automobiles?

I will try to be DIY's soon :)

Thread Starter #23
Greats Projects from MHSSC afterall its the ONLY college in Mumbai to offer Automobile Engg.I wanted to get into it but due to travelling problems got into PIIT (panvel ) doing Mech.
I had seen a another project from MHSSC at an Expo they had used pulsar Suspensions and a crashed bike's 300cc motor (i'm not sure abt the engine but it was from a crashed bike maybe a ninja) and a custom built Differential
the car is named 'AM-01' & is built by our seniors. a great car. it has a 600CC Honda CBR engine. dampers are from pulsar but springs are custom made.

He raj,

Can you share across few titles & sites where i can download tuning of automobiles?

I will try to be DIY's soon :)
i would suggest Google as the best. if you want, i can share some e-books, i can e-mail it to you.

Thread Starter #24
Guys, i am happy to announce that our car is finally completed & we have participated in the FSAE design event in chennai.

we won all the titles in the event with 1st place!!!

- 1st in best design
- 1st in best presentation
- 1st as overall winner!

Here are a few teaser pics (!!):

Attachments

Last edited:
Congrats raj. Awesome man. We know what it feels to win after putting in so much of hard work.

And wining all the 3 titles is cherry on the cake.

Waiting for the Pic's.[:)]

Give us some details about other participants & their cars too

[cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. The car looks be designed quite well. Please reveal the full images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats raj. Its lookimg great but do post full size pics. Cant see it clearly in those pics.

Thread Starter #28
thanks a lot neil, vibhor & akash.

the car has-
- a 250cc yamaha phazer engine capable of 40 bhp in stock condition
- soft compound yokohama advan A048 slick tyres
- a spool drive instead of a differential
- electronic gear shift
- custom made steering rack
- inboard rear brakes (on the rear shaft)

here are the pics-

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey great pic's man.The RED color looks HOT.[:D]

The next thing i loved after the car were the trophies [lol]

I have 2 questions though -

1) Did you guys race with the STOCK engine ?

2) Electronic gear shift - was the current clutch & gear system modded or you guys had put in a complete different transmission (with electronic shifting) ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom