Tata's New Hatchback Zica Now Renamed Tiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Re: Tata Motors Working on a New Premium Hatchback!

One thing is sure though,all these new engines will feature aluminium block ala 2.2 vtt and Nano 600 twin pot!

Last edited:

yeah sure TATA need to work hard to bring super fuel efficient petrol engines because tata have bad image in petrol cars like TATA Safari petrol and Indica Xeta

So I think TATA Nano's 624cc 16Valves DOHCamshaft "VVTTurbo.C"(Variable Valve Timing Turbo Charged) Petrol Engine will makes good sence but TATA need to work full time to feature all these technologies in nano's twin pot engine[surprise]

yeah sure TATA need to work hard to bring super fuel efficient petrol engines because tata have bad image in petrol cars like TATA Safari petrol and Indica Xeta

So I think TATA Nano's 624cc 16Valves DOHCamshaft "VVTTurbo.C"(Variable Valve Timing Turbo Charged) Petrol Engine will makes good sence but TATA need to work full time to feature all these technologies in nano's twin pot engine[surprise]
I agree with you and I think TATA is in the same path now, look at these

1. Nano petrol engine is a success
2. Latest CR4 engines of eV2,Sumo Gold,Indigo are success
3. Vericore engine of Storme is a success

So I feel they started moving in right direction now [:)]

Thread Starter #19

Err... G.bhargav sir,,I own an Indica XETA,and to go hell with market perception.I am extremely happy with the car.Yes I don't drive it that often,but hey that's exactly why I bought a petrol car :-)

Yes,XETA is not as efficient as an Alto,but its kerb weight is 1ton,full 200 kg more than Alto,hence it has to be more fuel efficient(Alto that is).

My car's mileage on the highways with full AC is around 16-17 kmpl,and yes in cities it is less only around 11,but with that kerb weight it's expected.

As far as petrol Safari is concerned,well the less said, the better.[lol]
So I think TATA Nano's 624cc 16Valves DOHCamshaft "VVTTurbo.C"(Variable Valve Timing Turbo Charged) Petrol Engine will makes good sence but TATA need to work full time to feature all these technologies in nano's twin pot engine
Current Nano's engine is SOHC and 4 valves I think.But yes, a future turbo charged version can't be ruled out.

I think Ford Ecosport's ecoboost engine will start this trend of small displaced turbo petrol engines,and every one will soon follow suit.Thank you Ford for bringing forth this technology in a mass market car(sorry Fiat/Linea T-Jet [evil])

THE X-OVER

I agree with you and I think TATA is in the same path now, look at these

1. Nano petrol engine is a success
2. Latest CR4 engines of eV2,Sumo Gold,Indigo are success
3. Vericore engine of Storme is a success

So I feel they started moving in right direction now [:)]
Even The CR4 aka Dicor engines they learned alot with these engines how to tune reliable engines

So in future engines lineup they should keep working on VVT and turbo chargers or even Supercharger(if possible) versions of existing engines to make them more powerfull and Fuel Efficient ones[glasses]

Err... G.bhargav sir,,I own an Indica XETA,and to go hell with market perception.I am extremely happy with the car.Yes I don't drive it that often,but hey that's exactly why I bought a petrol car :-)

Yes,XETA is not as efficient as an Alto,but its kerb weight is 1ton,full 200 kg more than Alto,hence it has to be more fuel efficient(Alto that is).

My car's mileage on the highways with full AC is around 16-17 kmpl,and yes in cities it is less only around 11,but with that kerb weight it's expected.

THE X-OVER
hello X-over i agree with you according to kerb weight Xeta's fuel Effeciency is acceptable and i think 1.4Xeta is delievers better more power and mileage campare to 1.2Xeta(if i was wrong means sry)

As far as petrol Safari is concerned,well the less said, the better.[lol]

Current Nano's engine is SOHC and 4 valves I think.But yes, a future turbo charged version can't be ruled out.

I think Ford Ecosport's ecoboost engine will start this trend of small displaced turbo petrol engines,and every one will soon follow suit.Thank you Ford for bringing forth this technology in a mass market car(sorry Fiat/Linea T-Jet [evil])

THE X-OVER
yeah current Nano's engine is SOHC and 4valves but if we want means we can convert present nano's engine block into DOHC and 16valves i think so(currenct this if i was wrong[frustration])

Thread Starter #22

Nano has only 2 valves per cylinder,and the total no. of cylinders is 2,so converting it into a 16 valve engine will only mean adding two more cylinders with DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder.BTW,the 2.0lt tcic engine has 16 valves and is only SOHC.And you are right,me too wanted to buy 1.4 XETA,but it was phased out so bought 1.2 :-)

Developing an engine family from scratch is as expensive as developing a new car.
Fiat can invest as the return on such a project is huge. Now almost all the small diesel cars in India run on Fiats engine.
If TATA decide to develop a new engine, then it has to find enough applications. Now looking at TATA line up, it looks highly unlikely. SO the 1.2lt engine that TATA has mentioned has to a refurbished platform. Remember Indica Xeta with 1.2lts petrol motor. I think TATA will work on that base and modernize it. Like they did with 1.4lt Tdci engine (now CR4).

The best strategy for TATA is to climb upmarket. This would break the shackles of price on them. This would mean more powerful engines. Then TATA and JLR can develop engine platforms jointly. I would be surprised if this is not TATAs long term strategy.

Indica platform is a good base to start with. A refurbished platform is a good as new platform, minus the development time and cost.

Indica platform was designed with an all independent suspension setup. Hope they retain it.

Quality: Lets not forget, when TATA started the Indica project, even its vendors had to start from scratch. We can see the progress both TATA and its vendors have made over a decade and a half with the new cars.

LETS see the final product to pass any kind of judgement.
The company will bbe using the platform to save costs because they have invested quite heavily in the platform over the years. 75 percent of the sheet metal design will be changed.

I really wish along with this new launch tata motors clarifies the more mixed and confused line up in indica/vista category with lines of engines and options available.Stop giving tdi engine in vista's all together and make it quadrajet line up with petrol as well.
D90 premium category of its vista.
New hatchback with option of quadrajet high end variant if they want to,or new diesel mill and petrol mill.

Acutally Guys its not confirmed as Hatch but Kindly notice the TML says based on X1 platform, the X1 platform already has a hatch and a sedan now its time to a X1 UV and that is going to be similar to ARIA(not the name which people call as mini aria) and even Mini Sumo Gold that is Sub 4m SUMO(May be TATA SEIRRA) is going to come to market in few months if gets delayed it will be next year

I really wish along with this new launch tata motors clarifies the more mixed and confused line up in indica/vista category with lines of engines and options available.Stop giving tdi engine in vista's all together and make it quadrajet line up with petrol as well.
New hatchback with option of quadrajet high end variant if they want to,or new diesel mill and petrol mill.
I have always noted that TATA always tried to be independent in their vehicles.You mentioned about TDi but CR4 engine is really good with its low end response and better than quadrajet at low revs. There is no point in bringing CR4 in the vista which will create more volumes. Also they will have more mileage and lower maintanence cost.

Hey vijay

I think TATA will continue indica badge and indigo badge entire indica platform based cars may be they are thinking their entire hatchback cars will continue under indica brand like indica V2,indica vista and indica XXX(upcomming X0 platform car) but they wont mention indica brand in promotion like TATA vista comming to sedan versions they will continue with indigo brand

And finally why TATA is giving range engine options(TDI,1.2safire,1.4safire,1.3quadrajet&90 and upcomming 1.4CR) means to keep price low some type of customers will prefer low budget price tag versions even some taxi operators

not only price few customers prefering low maintanence engines example TDI engine maintanence is very campare to CRDI engine

Nano has only 2 valves per cylinder,and the total no. of cylinders is 2,so converting it into a 16 valve engine will only mean adding two more cylinders with DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder.BTW,the 2.0lt tcic engine has 16 valves and is only SOHC.And you are right,me too wanted to buy 1.4 XETA,but it was phased out so bought 1.2 :-)
hey Xover thanks for your information So if twin pot engine means 8valves can implements thats it na

So comming to my dout is if these Technologies(Variable Valve Timing Turbo Charger) will implement in Nano's Twin pot engine means its really workable or not whats your opinion in this?????????[roll]

Guys remember that tata motors chief in r &d is a ex rd chief of BMW , and iam sure they will change the desgin language of all tata cars .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom